The staff team
(10-05-2018, 05:45 AM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: I don't believe staff applications are a good idea as (like many people have told me and I agree with) you can make anyone look good in text.

As well, what happens after their written application gets accepted? Will they get trial immediately? Will we need to create a new mod rank for these candidates? What process needs to happen before someone is accepted? 
I believe that for a rank like admin, applications are a difficult process. Although I'd like to see it I don't know how good it will actually be.

Why don't we encourage the staff team to actively find new underrated or decent trials who don't have a lot of hours? Should there be a plan to f.i. accept 4 more trials in the upcoming 2 months?

Although I think it's a positive idea, we have to really think about it if it is the right step.

It's not really that difficult and it's much easier to hire people who apply and want to be staff, than the admins asking people whether they wanna be staff or not lol. If they're accepted they could get Trial Admin rank and someone could train them, show all the commands and stuff, then the trial should end after a period of time, if they done a good job and deserve full rank, they get past the trial if not, they get demoted, simple as that. It's basically the same as it is now
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
(10-05-2018, 03:31 PM)Aryen Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 05:45 AM)Spartan_KCT Wrote: I don't believe staff applications are a good idea as (like many people have told me and I agree with) you can make anyone look good in text.

As well, what happens after their written application gets accepted? Will they get trial immediately? Will we need to create a new mod rank for these candidates? What process needs to happen before someone is accepted? 
I believe that for a rank like admin, applications are a difficult process. Although I'd like to see it I don't know how good it will actually be.

Why don't we encourage the staff team to actively find new underrated or decent trials who don't have a lot of hours? Should there be a plan to f.i. accept 4 more trials in the upcoming 2 months?

Although I think it's a positive idea, we have to really think about it if it is the right step.

It's not really that difficult and it's much easier to hire people who apply and want to be staff, than the admins asking people whether they wanna be staff or not lol. If they're accepted they could get Trial Admin rank and someone could train them, show all the commands and stuff, then the trial should end after a period of time, if they done a good job and deserve full rank, they get past the trial if not, they get demoted, simple as that. It's basically the same as it is now

I don't think you really understand the whole process behind staff recruitment. The staff team doesn't just hire people left and right. Even right now I can't think of many actual good potential candidates that have an impact in the community as a rolemodel. Too often people try getting the final say or are just straight up cocky. These traits dont get you very far, no matter your activity. 

Staff applications are not a good idea in the current day and age of Fearless, as it's way too easy for people to just set up a mask nowadays.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 4 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Lewwings, Jonas, Generation, Spartan_KCT
Hmm... Interesting...
(10-05-2018, 04:46 PM)Aspire Wrote: Hmm... Interesting...

You don't say.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

(10-05-2018, 04:58 PM)Lewwings Wrote:

You don't say.

Oh. Ohhh, but I do say...
(10-05-2018, 05:00 PM)Aspire Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 04:58 PM)Lewwings Wrote:

You don't say.

Oh. Ohhh, but I do say...

wtf bro?!?!?!?! y u ruin next weeks episode/!?!?!? w0t the fingerolls/?!??!?!?

r00d af

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

I would rather great candidates get chosen rather than any old person.

I am not for admin applications to be reintroduced.

Promoting people that aren't right for the trial admin rank is just signing people up for their demise. The effect on a player after being set back to the user isn't enjoyable and normally result on that player leaving the community. It is just a way of kicking out some of the stronger roleplayers in the community.

I understand that it is massively frustrating when you can't get a response to you to request for help, but this shouldn't be the solution to the problem.
Slight conditioning of the staff team would be prudent, seeing staff members gratify an '@ call' with a response letting the player know they are currently occupied but will be with them shortly does much to keep players satisfied.
The player base also in need of conditioning, they are too quick to whine and moan when they don't see an instant response from staff members. They don't appreciate what a juggling act administration can be at peak times.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 1 user Likes MrFinnConlon's post:
  • BasicallyMental
Thats what she said
(10-04-2018, 09:47 PM)Aryen Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 05:33 PM)JackZ Wrote: It also doesn't help that there's not much great candidates for trial mod nowadays, except for me obviously.

This is why admin apps should be opened. The applicants could have a chance to prove themselves and get past the trial if they're good enough. Right now no one has a chance to express whether they want to join the team or not, and it would be much easier to find new admins through the applications.

Mate. It's not that people don't have a chance to express it, it's just the genuine fact that nobody is good enough for trial mod anymore.

If staff applications are opened it's proving my point that FL is purely just for children now. If you wan't staff, register interest by roleplaying properly, being active both in game and forums, have a good attitude, be of mature age and have some assertiveness about you. Those qualities will get you staff.

Adding applications will make being staff on FL no longer a very special thing, although some people may already say that period of time has already come and gone.

Lower standards won't work because their administration will be terrible. Applications will just be full of people who lick ass as well.
The following 2 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Lewwings, SJ.
(10-05-2018, 06:39 PM)JackZ Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 09:47 PM)Aryen Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 05:33 PM)JackZ Wrote: It also doesn't help that there's not much great candidates for trial mod nowadays, except for me obviously.

This is why admin apps should be opened. The applicants could have a chance to prove themselves and get past the trial if they're good enough. Right now no one has a chance to express whether they want to join the team or not, and it would be much easier to find new admins through the applications.

Mate. It's not that people don't have a chance to express it, it's just the genuine fact that nobody is good enough for trial mod anymore.

If staff applications are opened it's proving my point that FL is purely just for children now. If you wan't staff, register interest by roleplaying properly, being active both in game and forums, have a good attitude, be of mature age and have some assertiveness about you. Those qualities will get you staff.

Adding applications will make being staff on FL no longer a very special thing, although some people may already say that period of time has already come and gone.

Lower standards won't work because their administration will be terrible. Applications will just be full of people who lick ass as well.

That is an interesting concept.

What do you do if what you said is true? If no one is good enough for trial and staff isnt active, what do you do? You seem set to ride FL out until the end just the way it is to maintain a high standard for staff. Which isnt a bad thing, however refusing to adapt is just accepting the end of FL.

Same thought process goes on for your reasoning for not wanting admin applications. Although I have to disagree with your reasoning for not wanting that. You say applications will lower the standards of the admin team. I do not know how it will lower the standards truthfully. No matter how you get promoted you go through the same training and help from the admin team. And if you do not work out you get removed. If someone does a poor job, they do not pass their trial. If someone who does a poor job gets promoted that is not the fault of the person who made the application and got promoted, it is the staff team for promoting them to admin.

Everyone who is against an application system sound identical to the people who were against moderators when they were added. "lower standards" This falls on the admin team to make sure that standards are kept with new systems that allow more staff in. Out of the first moderators who were promoted. Only 2 of 5 went on to be admins. 2 were demoted and 1 resigned. We are not going to get every single promotion right. But being scared to not promote because of standards is a weak excuse.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I am full support for applications and have been for a long time. It allows players who do not have a voice to show interest and put their name out there. These people who quietly do their thing have become great staff members and were people I always enjoyed personally.
The following 3 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Zona, Aryen, Grunt