The staff team
drinking game: take a shot every time the staff team is called inactive.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 7 users Like Random's post:
  • Willem de Walrus, Grunt, Aryen, Ludo, sebasti161, Zulu, aDisabledDeer
(10-17-2018, 07:06 PM)Random Wrote: drinking game: take a shot every time the staff team is called inactive.

Well you’re going to be taking a lot of shots because it’s the sad truth
[Image: 1717-E37-A-98-BA-4-EEF-B9-B5-9800-D3-B90-A00.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Vimpto's post:
  • Aryen, Lewwings
(10-18-2018, 11:22 PM)Zulu Wrote: I get that the staff team could be seen as inactive but they have lives too!

I disagree with admin applications too, they should be chosen by other admins by how they play the server and how frequently they are on the server actively helping the community. 

Admins should not be chosen by their skill to write a couple of paragraphs down on the forums, anyone could have written that how could you know if it is the person them self that wrote the application?

If it remains how it is now (Which it will) then it makes sure that admins chosen are the best for the staff team!

Because admins are handpicked by people who have had experience this means that people don't just get admin by asking someone to write a couple of words for them in a document. The admins are chosen this way for a reason, to make sure they are the best of the best for the team. I get you may think that admins are inactive but I stand by the point at the beginning of this reply. You cannot expect people who are admins right now which are mostly leaving their teenage years to be on the server 24/7 making sure that nobody is breaking the rules.

Fearless RP is not a perfect server there are bound to be rule breakers that get away with it every now and then.

The PR system is in place to document and archive the rule breakers which means that there is evidence for their ban to be administered at a later date. Sure it is unfair when rules are broken and their is not "retribution" for you. BasicallyMental has made it clear to me that the PR system is as active as the admins but this means that they can review the evidence at a later date and do not have to catch them in the act which can be hard when there is a good minge about.

The option to apply for admins is a pretty bad idea because anyone could get it easily, just RP and behave for a month or so, apply and BOOM easy administrator position. If admin selection remains how it is now then it's not any random person. The current administrators can review that person and check if they are the right choice by viewing how they play the server and if they would be a good choice for the server, for example if they are helpful to others and have a good knowledge of the rules etc...

The administrator system is fine how it is thanks. Please don't change it!

Nobody's asking for 24/7 service, the community rightfully so expects an active staff team. 
You're making it sound as if it's always been like this, I've only been here since 2014 so I can't speak about anything before that time, but as far as I can tell activity has never been this low.

Of course I don't have access to the activity chart (Imo they could just have it up for public access. And yes there's such a thing as an activity 'chart')
Just like nobody's trying to attack the team here, you shouldn't try making up excuses in their places. 

A good community requires an active staff team, simple as.
And as mentioned before, I've not seen anyone ask for 24/7 staff activity, they simply want it improved.
The following 6 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Dimitris, Lewwings, Grunt, Aryen, Zona, aDisabledDeer
Drinking game: Take a shot everytime a PR takes longer than a week for staff to post on it

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 2 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Aryen, aDisabledDeer
(10-21-2018, 07:17 PM)Murdoch Murdoch Wrote: Drinking game: Take a shot everytime a PR takes longer than a week for staff to post on it

That's 10+ shots on me tonight

kill me

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

(10-18-2018, 11:22 PM)Zulu Wrote: The option to apply for admins is a pretty bad idea because anyone could get it easily, just RP and behave for a month or so, apply and BOOM easy administrator position. If admin selection remains how it is now then it's not any random person. The current administrators can review that person and check if they are the right choice by viewing how they play the server and if they would be a good choice for the server, for example if they are helpful to others and have a good knowledge of the rules etc...

The administrator system is fine how it is thanks. Please don't change it!

Why do people assume that applications will bring new badmins to the team? I don't see how it's such a bad thing and it doesn't have to be that easy to become one unless the staff wants to. If they're barely on the server how are they even gonna be able to monitor people who might be potential new staff members, applications make it much easier for them to decide and also helps the community a lot, maybe applications could open for only a short period of time and only a limited amount of players could become trial admins and I'm pretty sure we will all see some improvement and the effects of the applications.
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
Staff applications would only ever be a thing if we were desperate. If people were creating applications, then they'd know the staff would be watching how they conduct themselves and would act a lot differently to how they would if they didn't. It's just a fact.

We get a better judgement on someone when they don't know we're judging them.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Wolven
(10-22-2018, 12:57 PM)Awestruck Wrote: Staff applications would only ever be a thing if we were desperate. If people were creating applications, then they'd know the  staff would be watching how they conduct themselves and would act a lot differently to how they would if they didn't. It's just a fact.

Ya'll still biased on who ya choose, but it is the way the world works, I agree with your point.
(10-22-2018, 04:12 PM)Zulu Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 03:13 PM)Aspire Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 12:57 PM)Awestruck Wrote: Staff applications would only ever be a thing if we were desperate. If people were creating applications, then they'd know the  staff would be watching how they conduct themselves and would act a lot differently to how they would if they didn't. It's just a fact.

Ya'll still biased on who ya choose, but it is the way the world works, I agree with your point.

It does seem that way in the way they choose but if you look at the people they have chosen in the passed you can see why, Great knowledge of the rules etc...

I agree with most staff selections, FL has potential it just doesn't seem like it is managed well enough.
give es admin promise ill do a smashing job

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
The following 5 users Like Jordy's post:
  • Wolven, Zecon, Exotic, Bobby, Zulu