The Loyalists remain
(10-05-2018, 03:03 PM)Emil Wrote: can someone help me with my homework how do i find the intersection between something like f(x)=2x-4 and a line that crosses over the points a a=(-1, 5) and b=(1, 9)

use demos and plot both functions, although you’re gonna have to put the second function into ax+bx+c form first
The following 1 user Likes juicyorange's post:
  • Emil
(10-05-2018, 03:03 PM)Emil Wrote: can someone help me with my homework how do i find the intersection between something like f(x)=2x-4 and a line that crosses over the points a a=(-1, 5) and b=(1, 9)

I can't do maths I'm shit lol
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
(10-05-2018, 05:01 PM)juicyorange Wrote:

use demos and plot both functions, although you’re gonna have to put the second function into ax+bx+c form first

reading this gave me a headache
Kind regards,
Weezy

[Image: X8prSQG.jpg]

(10-05-2018, 05:01 PM)juicyorange Wrote:

everyone else joking around not realizing this is a serious matter, thanks daddy Juicyapple you're the best
The La-lie-lu-le-lo remain.

I mean like ... haven’t you heard about Photomath? Hold your camera over your math and wait for it to get the answer. Works on my homework .... (PS: I only got electrify homework within math, so I do not have to punt it how i managed to get to the answer.)
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zona's post:
  • Jeffrey
(10-12-2018, 12:51 PM)Zona Wrote:

I mean like ... haven’t you heard about Photomath? Hold your camera over your math and wait for it to get the answer. Works on my homework .... (PS: I only got electrify homework within math, so I do not have to punt it how i managed to get to the answer.)

Wow admitting to cheating on Math homework are we? I'll be sure to bring this up at the next board meeting.
The following 3 users Like Deleted User's post:
  • Emil, juicyorange, Zona
(10-12-2018, 12:51 PM)Zona Wrote:

You may or may not of just saved my life.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper
The following 1 user Likes Jeffrey's post:
  • Zona

so you need to find the gradient of the second line first, you already have the points a and b so first do:

m=(y2-y1)/(x2-x1) = (9-5)/(1--1) = 4/2 = 2

so now that you have the gradient, use the equation y-b=m(x-a) and plot either a or b into the equation:

y-b=m(x-a)
y-5=2(x--1)
y-5=2x+2
y=2x+7

now that you have the second equation, to find the intersection make both the equations equal to each other and find x:

2x+7=2x-4
2x=2x-11
x=0

since x=0, you have shown that these lines don't intersect and you can plot a graph as well for y=2x+7 vs y=2x-4 to prove it. they also won't intersect because they both have the same gradient.

can't remember if this is the way you do it but i think it is