Semi serious?
I agree with the above post. Pollux there is no issue with development it's the Staff Team it's self. They need to move on and stop bringing back old Vets just because they started playing the server again.

-Removed by Steven8ken
The following 1 user Likes Dragnort_'s post:
  • Archer
(09-28-2018, 04:26 PM)Envy Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 04:13 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 03:45 PM)Envy Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 03:42 PM)Dragnort_ Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 03:37 PM)Envy Wrote: That's literally not what I meant when i said "No one seems to be bothered about saving it"
I meant out of the staff team, I already could name about 15 people right now who really care about the server and would be amazing promotions and When I say this I dont mean all staff cause some staff have been trying recently but most of the time the are never any admins on and how many times do we see moaning in the discord of people saying can an admin come online?

I personally think the New SA promotions were useless as its been a month today and literally nothing has changed or even been attempted to change anything. Few years ago Inactivity was hardly or if ever a problem like Agorith said and if you was inactive constantly you would just get demoted and someone new would come along who deserved. This is what i mean about no one being bothered as if anyone who was assed like for example Jan (Using him cause I know he would do something) he would of got rid of all the inactive staff and we'd have a healthy, active team right now.

Cant expect anything to get better if nothing is being done.

The current staff team, is honestly the most inactive and least inspiring it's been, and it will never change because this is a gmod server and Soul's intentions are to make revenue from this community and have it ran with minimal effort. Afterall the team is not paid it's done in free time. But I do agree that there could be better people than the whole staff team right now, especially the current SAs. I mean take Awestruck for example; he resigned because he wanted to leave the team, he then came back very quickly when given Dev and Server Privileges. It all needs a work around tbh.

Exactly mate, I don't even think theirs even a point in these threads anymore since nothing ever gets done anyway all wasting our energy.

Stuff does get done with these threads, i've been watching it pretty closely since it was created and have been making notes on where Development has been noted. I have no doubt the SAs have been watching threads like these too.

While I will admit it has somewhat slowed recently, there have been many things pushed out on pretty much a daily basis from us at the Development team. We still cannot push out major updates with every snap of our fingers, stuff does take time. Usually when we're not pushing out as much on a daily basis, it means we're working on something bigger behind the curtains. I do understand how it may come across as us not doing anything, as you cannot see what we're doing. This is mostly due to the strict stance on us giving any sort of "teasers" or "hints" about what we're working on in order to avoid false promises.

I think it's an over exaggeration to say we're massively behind in Development, as we have quite a few major features that other places lack (For example, the property system) and are constantly making more daily.

I havent mentioned anything bad about the development? I think the development is up to par and think you have done a lot of great things for FL. My problem lays with the staff team

A few others here did, I just was more generally saying it to everyone who has replied in this thread rather than specifically to you.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
The staff team needs a big shafting. 12 admins and you get player numbers in the low 20's in the evening. Administrating the server is a start, it will get the minges off but the other lacking element is promoting and rewarding RP.

The trouble with development is there is alot of people in the team and for its size, not many notable releases. I personally think not announcing projects being worked on with a feasible timeline is a bad idea, since teasing players with new content promotes retention which we lack currently. There's alot of approved suggestions that are ready to go and I believe would be enough to revive the player base. A notable one is the player milestones, that would encourage new players to stay and bring back some old faces to come back and play with some more money and content.

To clarify, the staff is here and ready, just needs to be managed and utilised.
The following 1 user Likes Grunt's post:
  • Zona
I believe the current staff team have set too high requirements for promotions. As serveral has stated, I can name loads of people who I believe who can fit within the staff team. Why not give staff members warning for their inactivity and let them go if they can't fill in their spots. How they are going to do this can be done by coding a new system which works by using SQL data which can be inserted to the database by using a new coded staff system in-game. I think we need an active staff team like we have stated loads of times now, but the requirements are still too high ...

Yeah sure you want a player who is good at roleplaying, lack of bans/punishments, acting mature, but this is not a real company! It is a game and don't expect people to act like a irl job interview. Garry's Mod is not a gave with loads us adults in the 30-40 ages, but more for 7-18. I'm not saying to promote someone who is breaking the rules etc, but the requirements are too strict. Lack them up and let people who what they are good for. If you can tell that the staff member is abusing or in general can't administrate then demote the person.

This is my views on the current staff team state and agree or disagree, but I think we are taking the promotion side too strict. Let people play, have fun and roleplay. That's why we are gamers right? To have fun? That is my reasons for playing games ...
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zona's post:
  • Lewwings
(09-28-2018, 05:23 PM)Grunt Wrote: The trouble with development is there is alot of people in the team and for its size, not many notable releases.

We've had 132 changelog entries in the past month. On the web side there have been major improvements, there's now a fancy rule, content page and a better changelog. Gamemode wise we've released two cars (C63 + Silver Cloud), done optimisation passes, revamped the chatbox to massively increase the limit (this was pretty big, chatbox was extremely limiting for RP), added the resizer tool and unbanned a ton of props.

Some smaller yet still helpful changes have been associate stuff(can use same property doors and associate to team keypad sharing), nexus database showing wheelclamp locations, money showing the player who dropped it, admins being able to turn ragdolls into statues, setsize being added for staff to set model height, citizen job weapon warnings, added an official steam workshop page, added /flip for cars.

This is all just in the past month.

This month has been considered quiet for me too (I was away/busy for quite a while). While I understand there's not been a lot of thread updates (we still have had three though) we have still been releasing helpful things on a daily basis.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(09-29-2018, 12:34 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 05:23 PM)Grunt Wrote: The trouble with development is there is alot of people in the team and for its size, not many notable releases.

We've had 132 changelog entries in the past month. On the web side there have been major improvements, there's now a fancy rule, content page and a better changelog. Gamemode wise we've released two cars (C63 + Silver Cloud), done optimisation passes, revamped the chatbox to massively increase the limit (this was pretty big, chatbox was extremely limiting for RP), added the resizer tool and unbanned a ton of props.

Some smaller yet still helpful changes have been associate stuff(can use same property doors and associate to team keypad sharing), nexus database showing wheelclamp locations, money showing the player who dropped it, admins being able to turn ragdolls into statues, setsize being added for staff to set model height, citizen job weapon warnings, added an official steam workshop page, added /flip for cars.

This month has been considered quiet for me too (I was away/busy for quite a while). While I understand there's not been a lot of thread updates (we still have had three though) we have still been releasing helpful things on a daily basis.

The new rule page is one of the most modern updates to take FL out of 2010 it's had since I've been here - and it was made by Tomo who isn't strictly on the dev team.

The two cars were cool, however the amount of time it took to add them in comparison to the car overhaul was laughable and the fact it was more seen as a prestigious contributor car said everything. However the recent suggestion thread has solved this issue.

The chatbox change was very minor, all it did was change the colour and size which really isn't a limiting factor in RP since you could just send two messages. However it is a good addition, just not a solution that extremely limited RP.

The rest are as you suitabley put it, smaller yet helpful changes.

I'm not trying to put down the development work, but as I said previously with a nice big team that you have right now it really would be a shame to waste the talents and not get working on a big project that will overhaul FLRP and make it something fresh and new. Such as a more simple thing like the milestones, all the way up to new cars like electric vehicles, a new F1 GUI to incorporate things like a homepage which has snippets of every menu like the marketplace, property, jobs, staff online, change log entries etc.

None of the recent updates have been enough to keep players high and it really shows in the stats.
The following 1 user Likes Grunt's post:
  • Zona
(09-29-2018, 12:49 AM)Grunt Wrote:

The new rule page is one of the most modern updates to take FL out of 2010 it's had since I've been here - and it was made by Tomo who isn't strictly on the dev team.

The two cars were cool, however the amount of time it took to add them in comparison to the car overhaul was laughable and the fact it was more seen as a prestigious contributor car said everything. However the recent suggestion thread has solved this issue.

The chatbox change was very minor, all it did was change the colour and size which really isn't a limiting factor in RP since you could just send two messages. However it is a good addition, just not a solution that extremely limited RP.

I'm not trying to put down the development work, but as I said previously with a nice big team that you have right now it really would be a shame to waste the talents and not get working on a big project that will overhaul FLRP and make it something fresh and new. Such as a more simple thing like the milestones, all the way up to new cars like electric vehicles, a new F1 GUI to incorporate things like a homepage which has snippets of every menu like the marketplace, property, jobs, staff online, change log entries etc.

None of the recent updates have been enough to keep players high and it really shows in the stats.

No one said we're not also working on bigger stuff though, most of my time actually goes towards work on way bigger updates. The small ones are just things I can quickly slide in and release within half an hour.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

How do you think this will make it more exciting to play? Adding new cars will be fun for those who can afford it, but if you play Passive then you loose money more than you earn. Create new content instead of just putting in known addons or do changes to systems. 

Personally I don’t get effected by any of these changes. I have done RPs but it’s  very nice when you get new props etc but as we got ridiculous low proplimits and most pro praises are given to the same people and staffs, then it’s hard to really use the new propane to make unique events.
(09-29-2018, 12:58 AM)We Pollux Wrote:

No one said we're not also working on bigger stuff though, most of my time actually goes towards work on way bigger updates. The small ones are just things I can quickly slide in and release within half an hour.

Then focus on them and work along to finish the huge projects. If you continue to do what Grunt states then you it will take ages to finish a project. Let contributors take the small changes and let the developers work on the bigger jobs! The development team, from a player side needs more structure ...
(09-29-2018, 09:06 AM)Zona Wrote:
(09-29-2018, 12:58 AM)We Pollux Wrote:

Then focus on them and work along to finish the huge projects. If you continue to do what Grunt states then you it will take ages to finish a project. Let contributors take the small changes and let the developers work on the bigger jobs! The development team, from a player side needs more structure ...

Structure won't work, it's impossible to have it on a team doing so much work for little reward. Developers and Contributors are currently free to work on whatever they want, with contributors having a lot more leniency in how active they are. Demotion a Contributor or Developer for being a bit inactive doesn't help anyone. If they come every once in a while and work on something, it's still better than nothing.

It's important to keep a mix of minor and major changes, some of the smaller updates we have pushed out have been amazing QoL changes or have fixed a much wanted feature.

Stuff simply takes time and we also have lives outside of FL. I personally have been extremely busy, as such work from me has slowed down a bit (which is shown in the changelog too).
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork