Stop Test Vehicles Being Used For RP
(09-25-2018, 02:42 PM)Pollux Wrote: I've ended my side of the test car project. I've left Arny's cars there so i'll keep this open.

Well I mean you tried to close it yesterday and look what happened.

Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean others don't either, as we can see by this thread, from what I can see there's actually quite a lot of support for what I'm trying to say, but you can't seem to realise this is not an attack on the testing of the vehicles, it's a suggestion to stop the cars being used as exclusive vehicles being used for RP.
What's wrong with using them in RP? It's the only way to thoroughly test them, instead of just driving them around. What if you were in a police chase, and perhaps the vehicle hasn't been tested for bullets etc.? How are we meant to test that?
I mean the test server is there for a reason no? grab a few people and test them there.
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]
I personally don't see a problem, however I get where this suggestion is coming from.

Maybe developers could carry out the required tests on the beta server? Anyhow, doesn't bother me other than the fact I can't drive them myself!!! Therefore +support
(09-25-2018, 03:38 PM)Decay Wrote: I mean the test server is there for a reason no? grab a few people and test them there.

So we have 60+ people in the (staff) team to go on beta/alpha and test? Will there be dupes set up? Will there be some cars already spawned in? I'm sorry but using the test servers will not have an accurate result of whether the vehicle will crash games, etc. You are more likely to find something wrong with the car if it is on the live server, as it will be put in real-life (so-to-say) situations.
(09-25-2018, 03:42 PM)Arny Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 03:38 PM)Decay Wrote: I mean the test server is there for a reason no? grab a few people and test them there.

So we have 60+ people in the (staff) team to go on beta/alpha and test? Will there be dupes set up? Will there be some cars already spawned in? I'm sorry but using the test servers will not have an accurate result of whether the vehicle will crash games, etc. You are more likely to find something wrong with the car if it is on the live server, as it will be put in real-life (so-to-say) situations.

Spawn them in but stop using them for RP, "test" them - that's the suggestion.

(09-25-2018, 03:34 PM)Arny Wrote: What's wrong with using them in RP? It's the only way to thoroughly test them, instead of just driving them around. What if you were in a police chase, and perhaps the vehicle hasn't been tested for bullets etc.? How are we meant to test that?

By shooting the car outside of an RP situation
-support the admin team should draft the rules they have had time to do so and we still lack rules around test vehicles.

I think test vehicles should be used as that’s part of the test.
+/- Neutral.

I think in certain instances there needs to be rules in place for test cars, as we saw with Pollux's PR, but that has been dealt with so shouldn't be commented on further.

I think they should be used in RP instances as you cannot evaluate every RP circumstance on the test server that may cause issues on the main. But at the same time having them in test for extensive periods of time gives further advantages over normal players.

I'm not too sure what could be done to fix the issue of the suggestion but think something should be done.
[Image: 2D3jDlq.png]
Wait so if we cant RP with test cars, that means we cant drive them around, as driving a car is role playing as someone who drives a car in real life so how are we supposed to gain valid test results? Hmmmmmmmmmmm
The following 1 user Likes Coffee's post:
  • Luna
+ Support