Stop Test Vehicles Being Used For RP
(09-25-2018, 11:45 AM)aDisabledDeer Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 08:41 AM)Pollux Wrote: I don't see how they're being used for AggRP at all.

Not being funny Pollux, but this suggestion isn't about you - however, you bringing up the fact that they're not being used for AggRP is entirely incorrect as proven by this video.

The issue is there is absolutely no rules regarding the test vehicles, when FearRP applies, and regarding FailRP also (e.g. the President driving around in a 20 seater open top limo or whatever it was).

I thought this wasn't about the limo at all? That's one car which no longer exists.

The vehicles give no advantage and are simply there to test for mass crashing issues. I also get a lot more feedback on them when they're a test vehicle rather than them being on Alpha as it's exposed to more people.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(09-25-2018, 11:45 AM)Grunt Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 08:41 AM)Pollux Wrote: I don't see how they're being used for AggRP at all. They're normal cars I don't really see the issue here.

The Jag Police car is being used by some staff members, this classifies as AgroRP.

That's because it's a police car?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(09-25-2018, 11:06 AM)Agorith Wrote: Implementing, testing, evaluating, release/no release.

Using these vehicles in Roleplay situations brings no real benefit to pushing these particular updates.
Whether that be Agressive Roleplay or Passive Roleplay is irrelevant.

Consistently using these vehicles in Roleplay situations to me shows lack of motivation and/or intention to release, as it only delays it further.

As some have mentioned, they're prebuild TDM vehicles.
I have some experience having dealt with extensive testing back when we released an update implementing about 15 (if not more) vehicles, and the only reason it took as much effort as it did was because of the amount of vehicles we had to test out & evaluate.

To my knowledge there's only a few of them now, if even that, and as such really should not take as much effort as it's being portrayed it supposedly is.
Thus it seems this is being toyed with more than anything, instead of actual efforts going towards the public release of these vehicles.

I've personally had to remove many playermodels and cars which were causing crashes. The process of refunding them is very annoying (requires downtime) and it also annoys people.

I had the idea of the test car program which was meant to run for a week with a very few cars. It's lasted longer as I've been busy and more vehicles were added (not only by me). The process of releasing a car once it's fine has also become quite lengthy, which is why it took so long to get the C63 and Cloud released.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Pollux you know full well for something to be tested there needs to be a timeframe and a set of rules.

Currently the test vehicles are being used as exclusive vehicles, with no rules to govern their use.
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Grunt
(09-25-2018, 01:52 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 08:41 AM)Pollux Wrote: I don't see how they're being used for AggRP at all. They're normal cars I don't really see the issue here.

The Jag Police car is being used by some staff members, this classifies as AgroRP.

My understanding of this was that it was a test car? Considering its not been released on the update thread announcements
(09-25-2018, 02:31 PM)Grunt Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 01:52 PM)Pollux Wrote:

My understanding of this was that it was a test car? Considering its not been released on the update thread announcements

Yeah, it's a test police car. As it's job restricted it sorta makes sense to test it as a police officer?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I've ended my side of the test car project. I've left Arny's cars there so i'll keep this open.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
+support

even if we don't look at the Limo

Coffee kept driving around in the C63 and ramming everyone and just baiting cops to keep chasing him every time to piss others off. There is testing and then there is the current situation
(09-25-2018, 02:57 PM)Fro[Z]en Wrote: +support

Coffee kept driving around in the C63 and ramming everyone and just baiting cops to keep chasing him every time to piss others off. There is testing and then there is the current situation

The C63 was released a while ago? You sure he wasn't just using the public version (which is fine).
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(09-25-2018, 02:59 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 02:57 PM)Fro[Z]en Wrote: +support

The C63 was released a while ago? You sure he wasn't just using the public version (which is fine).

Nah he was doing this in the test phase. Constantly baiting cops then taking off in the C63.

Also mentioned earlier but still important would be the Jaguar.

Awestruck, JoeJoe and Panda are 3 that I have actively seen using this car, which is faster than current police cars even though you have gone on record that this car will most likely be scrapped as it doesn't fit the American look of the ECPD?