Stop Test Vehicles Being Used For RP
(09-24-2018, 11:23 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: I understand that Awestruck, and the suggestion isn't about not spawning them on the main server

It's about using them for RP purposes. At the moment they are being used as exclusive vehicles for Devs, Contributors, and Admins, with rules being shady surrounding them. In my opinion they should only be spawned in to test them, not to actively use them for RP reasons as this effectively turns them into exclusive vehicles.

The only vehicles with shady rules was the Bulletproof Limo. This is a mistake that was made and not something that will be allowed again. The other vehicles are fine.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 2 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Pollux, Wolven
(09-24-2018, 11:23 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: I understand that Awestruck, and the suggestion isn't about not spawning them on the main server

It's about using them for RP purposes. At the moment they are being used as exclusive vehicles for Devs, Contributors, and Admins, with rules being shady surrounding them. In my opinion they should only be spawned in to test them, not to actively use them for RP reasons as this effectively turns them into exclusive vehicles.

That makes no sense. This server is a roleplay server,  why wouldn't you test them for future roleplay capabilities smh
Wolven

(09-24-2018, 11:31 PM)Wolven Wrote:

That makes no sense. This server is a roleplay server,  why wouldn't you test them for future roleplay capabilities smh

Roleplay capabilities? It's a TDM car taken from the workshop.
Doesn't need to be tested over and over through roleplay situations to know how it's going to handle.

Devs and Contributors are using them at the moment as exclusive vehicles, with no rules in place to govern their use and the rules surrounding them, that's the issue.
The following 2 users Like aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Ludo, Agorith
Neutral

Although being said it isnt about Pollux, it kinda looks like it. Also I think vehicles like the big ass hummer and the limo shouldnt be used in RPs. Yes you may test them but just drive around the map then.
Kind regards,
Weezy

[Image: X8prSQG.jpg]

The following 1 user Likes Weezy_'s post:
  • Wolven
It think some of them have been tested thoroughly enough and are not just being used a special unique cars for a select few to be able to play around in.

I do understand that cars need to be tested, but it seems that testing phase might be being abused.

Neutral
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
From reading Awestruck's point I can understand more of the rationale behind it intially.

As I've said previously, these cars are premade and to be honest really can't be that unstable surely?

As a comprimise, Wolven made a good suggestion of using these test vehicles purely for testing and passive RP. This in turn would complete the task of testing and also enhance roleplay - without giving a team an unbalanced advantage in agro RP
I don't see how they're being used for AggRP at all. They're normal cars I don't really see the issue here.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Implementing, testing, evaluating, release/no release.

Using these vehicles in Roleplay situations brings no real benefit to pushing these particular updates.
Whether that be Agressive Roleplay or Passive Roleplay is irrelevant.

Consistently using these vehicles in Roleplay situations to me shows lack of motivation and/or intention to release, as it only delays it further.

As some have mentioned, they're prebuild TDM vehicles.
I have some experience having dealt with extensive testing back when we released an update implementing about 15 (if not more) vehicles, and the only reason it took as much effort as it did was because of the amount of vehicles we had to test out & evaluate.

To my knowledge there's only a few of them now, if even that, and as such really should not take as much effort as it's being portrayed it supposedly is.
Thus it seems this is being toyed with more than anything, instead of actual efforts going towards the public release of these vehicles.
The following 3 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Huskii, aDisabledDeer, Grunt
(09-25-2018, 08:41 AM)Pollux Wrote: I don't see how they're being used for AggRP at all.

Not being funny Pollux, but this suggestion isn't about you - however, you bringing up the fact that they're not being used for AggRP is entirely incorrect as proven by this video.

The issue is there is absolutely no rules regarding the test vehicles, when FearRP applies, and regarding FailRP also (e.g. the President driving around in a 20 seater open top limo or whatever it was).
(09-25-2018, 08:41 AM)Pollux Wrote: I don't see how they're being used for AggRP at all. They're normal cars I don't really see the issue here.

The Jag Police car is being used by some staff members, this classifies as AgroRP.
The following 1 user Likes Grunt's post:
  • aDisabledDeer