Stop Test Vehicles Being Used For RP
(09-24-2018, 10:34 PM)Pollux Wrote: -support

I don't see how they're being "abused" at all, also if we can't test them then what's the point?

I will gladly help you with your question. 

Here is how they are being abused. https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=89335

Oh wait, Its you, understandable how you cant see this as abusing
(09-24-2018, 10:40 PM)Awestruck Wrote: What problems are you referring to? If there is an issue with a vehicle, we would like to know so it can be amended if need be.

Not the vehicles per se, just the fact they are being used for RP when they shouldn't be in my opinion.

As Grunt posted above, the Player Report highlighted this issue massively.

The test vehicles are just being used as exclusive cars. For example the Limo being bulletproof and FearRP being applied.
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Grunt
The limo was removed after that PR went up, I've already been punished for it too. 

That's not an issue.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(09-24-2018, 10:43 PM)Pollux Wrote: The limo was removed after that PR went up, I've already been punished for it too. 

That's not an issue.

This isn't about your PR, this is about test vehicles being used in RP.

They should be tested and that's it, not used as exclusive vehicles for contributors/devs.
Trouble is the PR was punished under FearRP so there is no set rule for staff using "beta" vehicles that are somehow unstable and can be very unbalanced. Its not hard to implement a ripped off vehicle from TDM so i don't see why they need to be tested on the main server tbh. Just seems like its an excuse for staff to run round in cars no-one else can use - which is fine if its actually said thats what they are for rather than hiding it.
Declined.

They serve their purpose well, suggestion doesn't really have much basis to go on.

The tests aren't meant to last long at all, it's more as I've been busy.

EDIT: Also an unwanted suggestion.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Re-opened.

I'd say this suggestion does have a basis to go on, it may be something we need to discuss internally too, but certain test cars have caused a few problems as you know and it's a valid concern to make.

It's also not an unwanted suggestion because of this.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 5 users Like Tomo's post:
  • Huskii, aDisabledDeer, Grunt, Ludo, Weezy_
Realistically, what testing done on the main server needs to be done that cant be done on a beta server? These cars arent fully custom and are just TDM cars? Surely the most that is edited is the physical attributes of it?
Hey folks,

I'm just here to clean up and explain why testing vehicles on the main server was a good idea.
When I was SA, I allowed Pollux, after he asked me, to add vehicles live and test them. This was done for the following reasons:
- Testing for crashing issues where such tests may not be appropriate with 1 or 2 people on the Beta server. Thus needing a full server.
- Testing compatibility with the Gamemode. Opinions and feedback on the vehicles was very important.
- Testing the vehicles in everyday usage for comparison between other vehicles for pricing, speed, handling, etc.

In the past we have added cars that have caused crashes, yet many people had already bought the vehicle. This resulted in mass-refunds which are a pain in the neck and require server down-time to do. Refunds being a guaranteed period of down-time, whereas crashes from the vehicle were unlikely. This is why we decided to make it staff-only. At first, early access to the vehicles was being given to regular users but was found to unfair as some people had access and others didn't.

Perhaps it is getting far into the testing stages for some of the vehicles, but due to some complications, the update we were going to roll out alongside a majority of these vehicles has been delayed.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 5 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Grunt, Wolven, Pollux, Tomo, Luna
I understand that Awestruck, and the suggestion isn't about not spawning them on the main server

It's about using them for RP purposes. At the moment they are being used as exclusive vehicles for Devs, Contributors, and Admins, with rules being shady surrounding them. In my opinion they should only be spawned in to test them, not to actively use them for RP reasons as this effectively turns them into exclusive vehicles.
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Ludo