Should Teacher come back?
(09-12-2018, 02:15 PM)Awestruck Wrote: The Teacher rank wasn't removed because we had incapable people. It was removed because it was a glorified role.

Whaddyu mean by glorified? As in people saw it as something it wasn't?
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
No...
(09-12-2018, 04:21 PM)Nuka Wrote:
(09-12-2018, 02:15 PM)Awestruck Wrote: The Teacher rank wasn't removed because we had incapable people. It was removed because it was a glorified role.

Whaddyu mean by glorified? As in people saw it as something it wasn't?

What a teacher should be, an experienced FL member that helps less experienced players and newbies.

There is no difference between a 2000 hour player with 20+ RPPs without a teacher rank to someone with a teacher rank if both of them help others and teach others. The only difference is power, teachers can hand out RPPs, they're part of the staff team, they have perks and abilities such as having a higher prop limit or set the weather, also it's another way for people to get trial admin. Teachers had influence on FL and they had power, it's a bad glorified rank that corrupts people. 

So yes people saw it as something it wasn't supposed to be.
Teachers should never come back, if you want to be a teacher go teach and help others without having a special rank, if you need a rank for it then you're the reason why teachers were removed.

The teacher rank has been proven as another way to get trial admin and power on FL. Those who say it's not true and teachers is not another way to get staff is either stupid or lying and is involved in this shit.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • sebasti161
I mean I always saw them there to enchance roleplay and give out RPPs to those who deserve them, something that I feel like staff do not get time to really do. Helping people was just a secondary thing for the rank.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(09-13-2018, 11:28 AM)Pollux Wrote: I mean I always saw them there to enchance roleplay and give out RPPs to those who deserve them, something that I feel like staff do not get time to really do. Helping people was just a secondary thing for the rank.

How can a rank enhance roleplay?
(09-13-2018, 06:55 PM)Bob Bobbington Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 11:28 AM)Pollux Wrote: I mean I always saw them there to enchance roleplay and give out RPPs to those who deserve them, something that I feel like staff do not get time to really do. Helping people was just a secondary thing for the rank.

How can a rank enhance roleplay?

How does the admin rank enhance roleplay? By administrating the server and educating rulebreakers. Just like that the teacher team encouraged people to roleplay by handing out points (something that doesnt happen anymore) and giving verified answers to new and experienced people alike.
To be completely honest, the lack of RPP isn't even the main issue.

Ever since the teacher rank was removed, very little RP has taken place. Even on v2d, simply because the teacher rank was present there was actually an abundance of RP. Even more than the last month or two of V5P. The lack of points, although they are great to receive if deserved, isn't what motivated me to make this thread. It's a roleplay server that doesn't roleplay. Yes, people have done some RPs, mini-events, and events including myself, Jessixa, and a few more. However, to be completely fair, every RP I've seen since the rank was removed was either very dull, had a lack of motivation/determination and was given up upon after some time.

People say teachers were a glorified role or it was a gateway to admin. Yes, at the end of the day it was a rank in the FL team so you would be respected more and yes, having the rank would stand you out which allows staff to see what you are capable of. I agree with you completely and I understand why you'd make those statements. However with this staff team, and the few that are online at any given time, most roleplays are neglected as the staff need to administrate instead. I don't blame them if they are inactive by the way, most of them either have work or college: that's not what I'm getting at. Teachers always filled in the gap between staff and user, helping people roleplay, teaching newcomers, bringing roleplay to life. I never saw them allow a roleplay to be neglected.

When teachers existed, even if you didn't receive a point, roleplays were always so much more exciting and driven to an end goal. People put so much more effort in. People had fun. People roleplayed. This no longer occurs.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 6 users Like Grape's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Baskingner, Jessixa, Joulle, Grunt, Wolven
(09-13-2018, 07:17 PM)Grape Wrote: To be completely honest, the lack of RPP isn't even the main issue.

Ever since the teacher rank was removed, very little RP has taken place

Why do you think that?

Because the lack of RPP leads to people thinking "Oh no, that's pointless, fuck doing passive RP and not even getting any rewards to show for it"

I don't blame them.
The following 3 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Grape, Spartan_KCT, Archer

So then de-glorify the role? Or make it tougher to become a teacher so people with said glory actually deserve it?
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]