Should Teacher come back?
(09-13-2018, 07:32 PM)JackZ Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 07:17 PM)Grape Wrote: To be completely honest, the lack of RPP isn't even the main issue.

Ever since the teacher rank was removed, very little RP has taken place

Why do you think that?

Because the lack of RPP leads to people thinking "Oh no, that's pointless, fuck doing passive RP and not even getting any rewards to show for it"

I don't blame them.

Spot on. People are called out for roleplaying for RPP, but whats wrong with that?People always do things for the rewards
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 5 users Like Archer's post:
  • Random, Pollux, Luna, Wolven, Spartan_KCT
(09-13-2018, 07:17 PM)Grape Wrote: To be completely honest, the lack of RPP isn't even the main issue.

Ever since the teacher rank was removed, very little RP has taken place. Even on v2d, simply because the teacher rank was present there was actually an abundance of RP. Even more than the last month or two of V5P. The lack of points, although they are great to receive if deserved, isn't what motivated me to make this thread. It's a roleplay server that doesn't roleplay. Yes, people have done some RPs, mini-events, and events including myself, Jessixa, and a few more. However, to be completely fair, every RP I've seen since the rank was removed was either very dull, had a lack of motivation/determination and was given up upon after some time.

People say teachers were a glorified role or it was a gateway to admin. Yes, at the end of the day it was a rank in the FL team so you would be respected more and yes, having the rank would stand you out which allows staff to see what you are capable of. I agree with you completely and I understand why you'd make those statements. However with this staff team, and the few that are online at any given time, most roleplays are neglected as the staff need to administrate instead. I don't blame them if they are inactive by the way, most of them either have work or college: that's not what I'm getting at. Teachers always filled in the gap between staff and user, helping people roleplay, teaching newcomers, bringing roleplay to life. I never saw them allow a roleplay to be neglected.

When teachers existed, even if you didn't receive a point, roleplays were always so much more exciting and driven to an end goal. People put so much more effort in. People had fun. People roleplayed. This no longer occurs.

Instead of having 2 separate groups for dealing with rule breakers and promoting good roleplays there's now 1 of them.

It sounds quite obvious to me that the workload has shifted completely to one group of people, admins which might be overworked whenever they log on the server and some of them might not even care about promoting good role plays.

Essentially admins are here to play for the most part, right. Not to spend their entire time answering questions and punishing and teaching people how to and how not to. Now some may love it but not everyone does obviously, at least not during their entire time on the server. When one gets constant help requests via ooc about rp related things and on top of that about rule breakages it must be almost stagnating. Surely there's more admins now to compensate for the lack of teachers, right? So that should solve the entire issue.

Have you explained to the entire admin team that they now have an obligation to also promote good role plays? Do they even have that obligation now?

Weren't teachers normal players who simply know how to role play and do so and just by doing so promote good role plays therefore causing others to try and role play well too.
"Oh look, that's cool!"
"Can I join in?"
"Sure you can."
"Now that was fun"

Are admins overworked now that they have to do both the teacher and the admin work?
Did this kill the rpp system completely, effectively killing the last bits of the role play scene?
Are server admins generally more stagnant now when it comes to keeping the players on their
feet?
Is this the real issue for the role play scene becoming stagnant or is this just an outcome of some
coincidental change related to the time of the year, player base change, admin team shakeup, the lack of cleaning services on the server?
Has fearless ran its course?
I have vague memories of good role plays disappearing every once in a while for some time when compared to previous times in the past, how is this any different to them?
Was it worth it? (Weigh the pros and cons)
Or maybe, maybe people are tired of building with little to no props and barely anything ever changing around here.

I have no idea what's going on but I would be asking these questions right now.
The following 4 users Like Joulle's post:
  • mgdwszx, Pollux, Spartan_KCT, Vimpto
You can decorate a shop with 40 props, bigger dupes can be given propraises or just teaming up with others can massively increase how many props you can spawn.

I don't think the proplimit is an issue.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
Funny how RP has plummeted after the teacher rank was removed, even more so since it was being poorly managed after the people who set it up actually cared about RP. Grape hit the nail on the head, it's just an RP server where noone rp's, a glorified DarkRP server
The following 4 users Like Grunt's post:
  • Bobby Shmicki, Archer, Joulle, Spartan_KCT
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yumGu9Fb6po
The following 6 users Like Luna's post:
  • Divey, Jessixa, Pollux, TheSiphon, god, Reebs
procrastination but no building or making roleplay, very disappointing.