What does everyone feel about the the teacher rank?
I liked teachers, RPP points were super rare already, now it's even more rare.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(08-25-2018, 12:44 AM)[FL] Despacito I Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 07:33 AM)General Rickets Wrote: This was a rank for people who wanted a rank, people who wanted the “Yeah but I’m a teacher and I need this rank to help people”

If you need a rank to help people go buy one on a dark rp server or something idk

What about the role play points given by them?

Get them by the staff members like everyone does, RPPs were ridiculously common when teachers was a thing, they were nothing special. A lot of my RPPs were given by staff members from a long time ago, when they introduced the new teacher rank, I and along with a lot of players got RPPs in a ridiculous amount in a short period of time. Sometimes some undeserved players got RPPs for a terrible RP, "/me YOU BROKE MY RP! GET OUT OR I KILL YOU"- Hard try chef 2015

Hell, some good friends of teachers got the most out of it, nothing stops teachers from giving their good friends RPPs, all you had to do is spawn some dupe, do some /me and /it and roleplay for 20 minutes then message a teacher in Steam to come over and give you an RPP.
The following 2 users Like konsta's post:
  • General Rickets, Zecon
We had some absolutely great Teachers, but I think it's shown us which ones have continued to perform without the rank and genuinely help out and the ones that have faded out more since the rank was removed. We don't NEED a rank like Rickets said, we should be helping regardless for a community that we enjoy and are heavily involved in.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Narcotic, Zecon, General Rickets
(08-25-2018, 10:13 AM)DVN Wrote: We had some absolutely great Teachers, but I think it's shown us which ones have continued to perform without the rank and genuinely help out and the ones that have faded out more since the rank was removed. We don't NEED a rank like Rickets said, we should be helping regardless for a community that we enjoy and are heavily involved in.

But I believe the teacher rank was not just about helping players, it was about promoting roleplay as well. Willem pointed it out excellently in my opinion, I think it's a big shame that the teacher rank is gone. It was already hard to get a RPP but now it's nearly impossible, most admins don't bother looking for good roleplays. I even go as far as believing that since the teacher rank has been removed, I think the server has become more mingy and less people are roleplaying (this has been my experience on FL since it has been removed).
I think we should look into the possiblity of bringing back a rank that promotes roleplay.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The following 1 user Likes Spartan_KCT's post:
  • Pollux
I think at this point almost everyone recognizes that Teacher rank was a gateway to Moderator i don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. At least those who were teacher tried their hardest to help not from the kindness of their hearts but for the possibility of advancing in the ranks. Which also isn't a bad thing at least normal players could get a feel for the Moderator candidates and kiss their ass's in advance.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 4 users Like King Kickass's post:
  • Narcotic, Archer, Baskingner, Lewwings
https://fearlessrp.net/points - enough said.
80% of the team hasnt given any RPpoints in the past 2 months. By removing the teacher team Rppoints were removed as well. Narcotic is the only person who can be bothered to hand them out and thats excellent of him.

14 Rppoints were handed out this month, 7 (half of them) being handed out yesterday by, yet again, Narcotic. After this post there probably will be a small influx again like last month when people complained about them. The teacher team wasnt perfect but certainly fulfilled a need FL has. Nowadays getting RPpoints isnt about RPing excellently, but RPing decently when the right staffmember is online.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • mgdwszx
FL Dyin anyway, who cares. Teacher wont save it
(08-25-2018, 12:13 PM)Spartan_KCT Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 10:13 AM)DVN Wrote: We had some absolutely great Teachers, but I think it's shown us which ones have continued to perform without the rank and genuinely help out and the ones that have faded out more since the rank was removed. We don't NEED a rank like Rickets said, we should be helping regardless for a community that we enjoy and are heavily involved in.

But I believe the teacher rank was not just about helping players, it was about promoting roleplay as well. Willem pointed it out excellently in my opinion, I think it's a big shame that the teacher rank is gone. It was already hard to get a RPP but now it's nearly impossible, most admins don't bother looking for good roleplays. I even go as far as believing that since the teacher rank has been removed, I think the server has become more mingy and less people are roleplaying (this has been my experience on FL since it has been removed).
I think we should look into the possiblity of bringing back a rank that promotes roleplay.

I'd say it promoted more superficial roleplay than actually roleplay; a roleplay for self gain interests such as roleplaying just for RPPs.

Do you have any idea how many times I witnessed people participating in a roleplay of more than 5 people for less than 30 minutes and got an RPP just for something small like "/me cleans" while carrying a rag? just because you do /me or /it for more than 5 minutes doesn't mean you deserve an RPP, there has to be more depth into the RP such as roleplaying facial expressions or having an IC conversation while performing a task, it has to be something like a normal human being would do, not just being completely silent and just walking around with a rag and do some "/me cleans" every 2 minutes or so.

I thought roleplaying for RPP won't get you an RPP and therefore don't deserve for one, I guess times has changed.
The following 2 users Like konsta's post:
  • Zecon, Spartan_KCT
The motive said behind why they helped people doesn’t matter, the fact is that they helped. They were there to support the community and promote passive rp. They rewarded good rp through rpp.
No reason to remove it,
Waste of time, the judgement of the staff that lead to the recruitment of the three or so that lead to the rank's removal was very poor.