What if the admin split never happened.
I remember the split well. I stood on this side of that line for a long time. There were many factors to the split. This isn't all inclusive, but here are some highlights: Internal issues relating to groupings or biased behavior, Questions and accusations about where the donation money goes, Lack of leadership on multiple levels. Then you have to add in that there was a community that was split by the information coming out, and resignations.

All in all, there were a few legit reasons that people parted ways, and a sea of bullshit that people either assumed or care about needlessly.

I would say a merger would never happen, but FL has gotten completely lax on its standards, allowing someone with 3 perms showing and roughly 3 other perms that were wiped during the ban purge. This isn't the first time FL has recruited people with multiple permabans for ToS and other related violations, which is very fucking disturbing from a former enforcer of the rules.

The other community likely will never return either, mainly due to returning leading to the exact same issues as before.

Combining the communities seems like a good idea, but you haven't considered that when people get permed at one, they go to the other. Really defeats the purpose of having a ban system at that point.

Both communities playerbases are too busy doing the "which is better" game, based on content and features which they give credit to the community that has them, rather than the people who made them. Like I say over there, I'll say it here, till people on the internet stop being assholes to one another simply because they feel its okay, you'll continue to have the same problems the other similar servers do.

Wouldn't have to be this way, but no one stands by the staff at the end of the day and bans are always wiped or forgiven, even when the ban is for attempting to circumvent a ban.

The slope is far to slick these days. You can have 6+ perms on your record for some of the worst offenses and make staff. What hope do you have at stopping minges, much less unify two communities whom have a very rocky history with one another.
Again people are just making educated guesses at why the split occurred but still are no where near, stop making a fool of yourselves and leave it in the past. It’s done there is no merger or undoing it going to fix the playercount.