"fake undercover cop"
alright so recently ive seen a few people with their job as "fake undercover cop" and theres something i cant quite wrap my head around, is it not powergaming if they get asked to show their id and they show their "VERY real ID" to you, what do you do? would it be metagaming to arrest them and/or say its fake, if you called the sergeant over would he not know who is a part of his police force?

and last, i dont think "fake undercover cop" is a valid job name, what is the purpose of this job? it doesnt accurately state what they will be doing other than pretending to be a cop, theyre usually just trying to get inside the nexus? i dont see the point of it
help
Unless the guy is wearing a stolen police uniform its powergaming in my eyes, pulling a forged police ID out of nowhere simply isnt fair and is a lazy way to force the RP to your advantage.

Second point is something i hadnt even thought of yeah, what is your goal as fake undercover police? Earning fines off people i’d assume but it feels like failRP to me.
The following 3 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • mgdwszx, sebasti161, Spartan_KCT
Realistically you would do what you said and background check then, but in that sense you would have to for everyone including all other cops which doesn't happen so it could be power gaming.

Best way to solve this is either have the Sargeant hold meetings with all cops online. Have a secret word of verification (my personal favorite) or radio check them and have the Sargeant verify it was received. 

The odds of someone pretending to be a cop and succeeding is almost impossible. So it should be on the servers as well. I'd honestly say their rp is power gaming.
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • sebasti161, Lewwings
You pull out your "VERY real ID inspector" Duh, beat their lame ass RP with yours.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 2 users Like King Kickass's post:
  • sebasti161, Grunt