Dieing because of coming close to vehicle/people/doors/props
(08-05-2018, 03:48 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(08-05-2018, 08:02 AM)Dimitris Wrote: Pretty sure that has been a bug for years. But to get some things straight it is no part of GMOD whatsoever more of the game mode that probs can't be fixed

Incorrect, these issues are generally out of our control. If you look at a car closely when it's stationary it's actually still slightly moving. That isn't anything to do with us at all and it's likely impossible or extremely hard to fix.

It's a bit weird that it's happening often though, it's usually quite rare.

Doesn't change the fact that it isn't gmod's problem but it's on fl. Its never happened to me on any other server.
If this is a Gmod bug I think we need to spam our lord and saviour Gaben.
[Image: D6dUHLZ.png]

The day I posted this thread it had happened 14 times. I do noticed it more then before at the moment, but not as much as it did that day.
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
I mean it happened to me today, first time in a very long time. Was simply just standing ontop of a defence.

It's extremely weird and I'll have to see why this happens and what causes it.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
It isn't the prop, cars or people. I have found that it occurs one you have been hit by a car and knocked out, the 'press jump to die' message appears. Then after respawn when you next press space you drop dead.
In this video it looks as if that might be the case too.

I don't think it occurs if you press space when ran over, but I never jump when I am in that state.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 2 users Like MrFinnConlon's post:
  • Pollux, Denn1s
Although this isn't really possible to patch ( There is a way but it can result in loads of other issues and further bugs ), it's caused by a another player merging with you. When the car pushed that female their body clipped into yours ever-so-slightly and both of you took damage, the other person in the video did state they took 'a lot of damage'.
(08-31-2018, 08:09 AM)Jaz Wrote: Although this isn't really possible to patch ( There is a way but it can result in loads of other issues and further bugs ), it's caused by a another player merging with you. When the car pushed that female their body clipped into yours ever-so-slightly and both of you took damage, the other person in the video did state they took 'a lot of damage'.

They were hurt by the car hitting them
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
(08-31-2018, 08:14 AM)MrFinnConlon Wrote:
(08-31-2018, 08:09 AM)Jaz Wrote: Although this isn't really possible to patch ( There is a way but it can result in loads of other issues and further bugs ), it's caused by a another player merging with you. When the car pushed that female their body clipped into yours ever-so-slightly and both of you took damage, the other person in the video did state they took 'a lot of damage'.

They were hurt by the car hitting them

The player first said they 'got hurt' by the car hitting them. The result of that made the player merge in with the other and further damaged was caused.
(08-31-2018, 07:57 AM)MrFinnConlon Wrote: It isn't the prop, cars or people. I have found that it occurs one you have been hit by a car and knocked out, the 'press jump to die' message appears. Then after respawn when you next press space you drop dead.
In this video it looks as if that might be the case too.

I don't think it occurs if you press space when ran over, but I never jump when I am in that state.

That is actually very interesting, I'll add measures to identify if this is the cause.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
This is definitely happening more and has only happened to me this past few months. Never had this issue before a few months ago. I don't think it is inherently source, someone has made an error in coding somewhere and broken something. Source is one of the more stable engines out there, it's not fair to say it's a random bug, like dimitris said it appears to only be on FL.