Poll: What do you believe is the best course of action for FL to take with the current map situation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
V2D
9.55%
19 9.55%
V17X
20.10%
40 20.10%
V4B1
70.35%
140 70.35%
Total 199 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Community Map Vote
Many of you talk as if you have this strong relationship with a Garry's Mod map. I've been here since 2010 and even then the server had been a thing for years before my arrival. 

When I first came to FL it was running V2D. 

Spoiler :
[Image: 1706913A96AF836F778D5F2C2444D4FCB8817CA0]

You're not qualified to speak of the nostalgic days if you didn't experience V2D with static prop poles placed on the crossing paths to keep cars from CDM'ing. Does this image portray the massive amounts of RP that existed (?) because I can most certainly say that role-play was not a result of the map but was merely a result of the individuals of the community. 

To say that one map develops role-play more than the other is silly because it is ultimately up to the community members to take on that role. However, I will say, the map does play a role in its compatibility and role-play value that it offers and, in my opinion, there is very little value in a map that does not even have parking options in the main part of town. If you put your thinking cap on for a moment // the main part of the town is an over glorified computer store and cafe that both offer extremely limited usages unless you are a skilled builder who has the ability to cover up many parts.

V33X/V4B1, however, is far more compatible with the game-mode considering the number of buildable areas and spaces in the main portion of downtown that can be used for a wider range of PassiveRP's. I can go on and on about the improvements the map has over its predecessor but I think we all know what it has over the other in terms of map detail and functionality. If you aren't sure, here's some of the little things!
  • Mixed-Use Retail (Apartments)
  • High Rent District (Lofts)
  • Park
  • Jail (Realistic design, wouldn't raise concern with the UN)
  • Gas Station that includes parking
  • Bank that includes parking and isn't restricted in its size/design
  • Main St. stores w/ open floor plans that includes street parking
  • Fast food restaurant that includes parking for vehicles larger than a Trabant
  • Office space located in town w/ lobby 
  • Parking Garage 
  • Hospital
  • An industrial area that is larger and has more functionality along with higher quality spaces/elements 
  • Motel that doesn't look like it was a victim of arson
  • Many more housing options out of town (Suburbs, Lake, Adjacent to Lake, Village)
  • Nightclub
  • Car warehouse with open space and includes parking spaces for most of the server
  • Secondary gas station with an optional usage of retail space
If you want a map that isn't compatible for a large population and large amount of cars - maybe the switch back to Littletown may be more ideal.
The following 14 users Like Nevy's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Faustin, Flux, sebasti161, Lewwings, Luna, Jessixa, Pollux, MrFinnConlon, Panda, Grunt, MrTreeGames, EmM, equal
we should just switch to rp_city17 and make cityrp into hl2rp
The following 4 users Like sebasti161's post:
  • Prosto, juicyorange, Pollux, Grunt
At this point, may as well close the votes now then set the build server to v41b, let people have a few days with v2d before it goes and allow users to start building dupes so that when the v41b map goes live on main we can have dupes on the ready.
The following 3 users Like Blurr's post:
  • Grape, Baskingner, Strange Neo
(08-03-2018, 03:10 PM)Blurr Wrote: At this point, may as well close the votes now then set the build server to v41b, let people have a few days with v2d before it goes and allow users to start building dupes so that when the v41b map goes live on main we can have dupes on the ready.

Its kind of annoying anyway that the map has to be constantly changed.
It really doesn't motivate me to build whole buildings that are bound to specified things.
The following 1 user Likes Strange Neo's post:
  • konsta
(08-03-2018, 06:52 PM)General Neo Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 03:10 PM)Blurr Wrote: At this point, may as well close the votes now then set the build server to v41b, let people have a few days with v2d before it goes and allow users to start building dupes so that when the v41b map goes live on main we can have dupes on the ready.

It really doesn't motivate me to build whole buildings that are bound to specified things.

You can use old V4B1 dupes and most V5P dupes. This is the final map change (V2D was called temporary, there should be no suprise).
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(08-03-2018, 07:48 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 06:52 PM)General Neo Wrote:

You can use old V4B1 dupes and most V5P dupes. This is the final map change (V2D was called temporary, there should be no suprise).

Understandable but I'd like to make some new dupes and haven't really played the server loads to have dupes ready.
Around 12 hours left until the poll closes, so far it looks like V4B1 will win. It hasn't lost its majority once and has over 70% of 194 votes for it.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(08-04-2018, 09:14 AM)Pollux Wrote: Around 12 hours left until the poll closes, so far it looks like V4B1 will win. It hasn't lost its majority once and has over 70% of 194 votes for it.

Anything could happen!

Looking forward to return to a great map! Shame V2D had to go so soon though :/
The poll is closed. Thank you for voting and stay tuned for further information.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
bork