Transparency in Fearless
Let me start this thread by saying that speaking to administrators/ developers individually is a good way of obtaining more specific information regarding a question you may have but I feel that Fearless could be much better in regards to it's transparency.

Now, I'm not saying that the staff team are obliged to tell us absolutely everything, that'd be ridiculous. However there is a shroud that could be removed on some of the things that are released.

As an example, the contra temporary rule which is seen as controversial for quite a few people. The only thing that was said was "Recently the amount of money made from contraband by acquiring it from other people has put our economy at risk" (Note - This is not a dig at Divey nor any member of the current staff team) This post caused and is still causing heated discussions/ arguments about why, especially so when it was first announced. More specifically about the "Economy".

This could have easily been remedied by making a more in depth post regarding anonymous figures and statistics surrounding this issue - alongside this, explain what was actually meant my "Economy" I actually defended this comment however clarification would have been nice.

That was a more recent example however there is a general "Them and Us" feeling regarding anything involving the staff team or development. What must be understood is that people wanting to know things isn't them trying to be nosy it's about them being genuinely interested in the server they invest hundreds or thousands of hours in.

Once again, for clarification, I am not saying we should know everything but being more transparent is never a bad thing and pushes for a more inclusive feel.

I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this, and specifically staff members really. Could shed some light on the topic that we may not know about.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

The following 2 users Like Huskii's post:
  • Baskingner, Spartan_KCT
I explained the currency issue in the discord general chat by the way Huskii. You can probably find it somewhere by doing ctrl+f - The reason the original thread in announcements was so short was because we just received the figures ourselves and needed something done ASAP and so a lengthy explanation was not plausible, which as I previously stated was remedied in the general chat in discord.

Spoiler :
[Image: oTyU9AB.png]

As for transparency we can always get better, however in the last year we have been extremely transparent. 

This should be apparent in things such as the strike system (where you no longer get the feeling of not knowing and simply received 'abuse noted', but actually get a somewhat detailed explanation on the strike system thread - considering it's not sensitive issues such as leaking which could expand the leak further):
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=83582

The community survey where the results were later revealed: 
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=85413

Inactivity announcements being moved to the public so people know when people aren't on the server: 
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=84224

Proplimit guidelines being moved to the public and later the admin one too: 
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=84347

And more.

Personally I think from being able to see the offices - There's nothing for you TO know really, the main things resolve around rule changes which are now able to be discussed in the suggestions forum after a recent change, and promotions - which obviously can't get out because there's a chance someone might not actually get it.

When it comes to Development we don't want to over hype updates because everyone is here voluntary and Developers in the past and present don't want added pressure to get their updates out in a hurry as they want to go on their own pace. Sometimes people will switch projects to something that needs more attention which can lead to further delays and sometimes people may resign mid-project and another Developer may not want to pick it up. I'm not sure what more we can give you honestly. These are all from learning from past mistakes.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 1 user Likes Divey's post:
  • Huskii
I agree. I always try to be transparent on most things and I know a lot of people appreciate it. It's super annoying being told off when I'm just trying to be transparent and approachable on topics which aren't secrets at all. Yes while we're more transparent than before it's not nearly enough, especially with Development.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(07-29-2018, 01:27 AM)Divey Wrote: -SNIP-

Oh I fully agree it's definitely better now than it has been in the past.

However there is always room for improvement. Especially within a community that is so involved.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]