RPPs are dead
(07-24-2018, 10:04 PM)DVN Wrote: I do agree in some ways. I believe we may be a little too strict with points at times from a personal point of view, not going against any admins as I am subject to it myself.

I think we need to keep in mind that we have rewards for a reason and people will work for that. That being said, it's really boring seeing the same old store roleplays that we've all seen before.

Top tips:

Try think of something you've NEVER seen in FL before.
Put a twist on your store/roleplay to make it unique.
Don't always concentrate on /me & /it, make the RP interesting and fun.
Find ways to get everyone involved, both the customer and yourself to make sure it's not boring.

It's fine giving tips and that but there has been a lack of points being given out. Could this be because the teacher rank was removed, admins not looking out for people roleplaying? I do agree that the same old boring store roleplays aren't always awarded and as DVN has said which is very true, find ways to get more people involved so that it gets noticed more.
Wolven

(07-24-2018, 10:03 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 09:59 PM)Wolven Wrote: My random shit

I'm 90% certain that V2D was chosen for nostalgia and agressiveRP l0l

OT: I don't think RPPs are the biggest issue right now and I still stand by that they shouldn't be handed out left and right.
Yes and no. The community gave both pros and cons about V2D, Pros were PassiveRP and aggressive. That's why it was picked.
Wolven

(07-24-2018, 10:08 PM)Wolven Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 10:04 PM)DVN Wrote: I do agree in some ways. I believe we may be a little too strict with points at times from a personal point of view, not going against any admins as I am subject to it myself.

I think we need to keep in mind that we have rewards for a reason and people will work for that. That being said, it's really boring seeing the same old store roleplays that we've all seen before.

Top tips:

Try think of something you've NEVER seen in FL before.
Put a twist on your store/roleplay to make it unique.
Don't always concentrate on /me & /it, make the RP interesting and fun.
Find ways to get everyone involved, both the customer and yourself to make sure it's not boring.

It's fine giving tips and that but there has been a lack of points being given out. Could this be because the teacher rank was removed, admins not looking out for people roleplaying? I do agree that the same old boring store roleplays aren't always awarded and as DVN has said which is very true, find ways to get more people involved so that it gets noticed more.

I have acknowledged the reports that there may be a drop in roleplay points, I believe overall we might be too strict at certain times with points as well which may contribute to the drop. Removing the Teacher rank could also be a contribution to the drop since it was one of their main commands and jobs to award good RP.

I think us admins just need to get back into the swing of it now and look out for people really making an effort.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Wolven, Spartan_KCT, Jessixa
(07-24-2018, 10:13 PM)DVN Wrote: [quote='Wolven' pid='771922' dateline='1532470120']
[quote='DVN' pid='771920' dateline='1532469844']

a lot of bs

I think us admins just need to get back into the swing of it now and look out for people really making an effort.

Couldn't have said it better myself and I'm glad someone is making an effort.
Wolven

(07-24-2018, 10:12 PM)Wolven Wrote:

OT: I don't think RPPs are the biggest issue right now and I still stand by that they shouldn't be handed out left and right.
Yes and no. The community gave both pros and cons about V2D, Pros were PassiveRP and aggressive. That's why it was picked.

I mean it's all nice and dandy that people say shit before hand but the factual evidence is that passiveRP is near extinct currently from what I've been hearing.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 4 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Zona, Flux, Spartan_KCT, Jessixa
(07-24-2018, 10:25 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 10:12 PM)Wolven Wrote:

I mean it's all nice and dandy that people say shit before hand but the factual evidence is that passiveRP is near extinct currently from what I've been hearing.

It is, yes. But that's due to the fact points aren't being given out. Vice-versa, who knows? But the facts and statistics are there, Jackz made a thread a spike in points occured, teacher rank gets removed, decline in points so a decline in PassiveRP occurs.
Wolven

Press F to pay respect
Most of the arguments have already been layed out now, but I would just like to mention that a large part of this seems to stem from the fact that there just aren't enough admins/staff in general. Today, when the server was most populated, there were 2(?) admins on, which just doesn't feel like enough. I don't think the staff should promote everyone either, of course, but adding more people to the team reduces the "stress" (I am not sure how stressfull it can be to be admin tbh) coming from @ calls, and allows more admins to just do some normal RP, look around the server and maybe even give out some more RPPs.
Well the map is too bad for passive RP. Mention one place where you can have a roleplay of your own choice which players can see when they join the server which doesn’t restrict you to do a certain RP like the Metro Cafè building ... none sooo I believe we need a new map again. I really liked Pines and so had already made like 6 roleplay dupes for it because the ideas just went flushing by because all of the available space and none-restrict buildings which forces you to do a roleplay unless you have the props to redo the entire place, which you won’t have and won’t really receive a propraise for in most cases.

“I remember the good old roleplays” well they are old! We live in the 2018 and the world has changed a lot. We will never be able to get back in time because we need to look forward, create new and fun roleplays and not the old and boring shop roleplays. “I miss the old times, which we could get back the old map and do it again” is not a valid argument anymore from my point of view.
[Image: clvck9d.png]
The following 1 user Likes Zona's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
(07-24-2018, 11:45 PM)Zona Wrote: Well the map is too bad for passive RP. Mention one place where you can have a roleplay of your own choice which players can see when they join the server which doesn’t restrict you to do a certain RP like the Metro Cafè building ... none sooo I believe we need a new map again. I really liked Pines and so had already made like 6 roleplay dupes for it because the ideas just went flushing by because all of the available space and none-restrict buildings which forces you to do a roleplay unless you have the props to redo the entire place, which you won’t have and won’t really receive a propraise for in most cases.

“I remember the good old roleplays” well they are old! We live in the 2018 and the world has changed a lot. We will never be able to get back in time because we need to look forward, create new and fun roleplays and not the old and boring shop roleplays. “I miss the old times, which we could get back the old map and do it again” is not a valid argument anymore from my point of view.

Its not the map. Why is this even an argument?  V2D was around for literally 6 years .  Its not like everyone went 'omg its v2d we can't roleplay'. No! Everyone roleplayed, during the afternoon every single shop was bought and an RP was going on. i've seen more RP's on V2D than you can imagine. v2d used to be the PassiveRP king to the point Lesanka and Avgar would (even though v4b1 was completely full) swap over to v2d to do passiveRP's because thats the best place.

The reason for RP's not occuring is RPP's are not being given so no-one can be bothered to do it. It's not rocket science, its like why would I sit in a base and make money? If I didn't make money why would I sit there? Thats how people view RPP's. For those who roleplay for the roleplay, they don't need to blame the map because they can make a roleplay out of nothing.

Stop making excuses and roleplay!
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Spartan_KCT