Custom models for buttons?
So I have noticed that you can no longer make props into buttons, is this intentional or was this just kind of removed a long the way?

I used to use this feature for making secret doors for passive roleplays. Making a tilted painting into a button for a hydraulic door etc.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(07-23-2018, 04:01 PM)equal Wrote: So I have noticed that you can no longer make props into buttons, is this intentional or was this just kind of removed a long the way?

I used to use this feature for making secret doors for passive roleplays. Making a tilted painting into a button for a hydraulic door etc.

It could get abused to spawn banned props, I got perm'd for it back in 2013 so I have no idea how long its been removed for.
I'm not sure it was removed. I used it at some point 2015-2016.

Does:

button_model models/props_junk/watermelon01.mdl

in console not work?
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Wolven
(07-23-2018, 04:27 PM)Awestruck Wrote: I'm not sure it was removed. I used it at some point 2015-2016.

Does:

button_model models/props_junk/watermelon01.mdl

in console not work?

Nope, that doesn't work.

I used to have a ton of dupes that had elements such as moving a lever, correcting the placement of a book in a bookshelf or like I said aligning a painting on the wall to open secret entrances. 

None of them work anymore.
(07-23-2018, 04:06 PM)Killroy Wrote:
(07-23-2018, 04:01 PM)equal Wrote: So I have noticed that you can no longer make props into buttons, is this intentional or was this just kind of removed a long the way?

It could get abused to spawn banned props, I got perm'd for it back in 2013 so I have no idea how long its been removed for.

I feel like the pros outweigh the cons on this one.
(07-23-2018, 05:07 PM)equal Wrote:
(07-23-2018, 04:06 PM)Killroy Wrote:

I feel like the pros outweigh the cons on this one.

As do I but there is always the likelihood some idiot will get new players perm'd by teaching them how to do it and not informing them its against the rules like that Salinsky moderator bloke did to me back in 2013.
I do like the command, it has uses in RP, but it was possible to abuse it by spawning banned props as said above or spawning huge props to mess/trap players with.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
There is also the point in which you could gain around 10 extra props for your build by changing 10 buttons to look like a prop and there you go you have just obtained another 10 props.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
(07-23-2018, 06:16 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: There is also the point in which you could gain around 10 extra props for your build by changing 10 buttons to look like a prop and there you go you have just obtained another 10 props.

Is that so bad though? I could go in-game and place 40 props and 10 normal buttons and no one will bat an eye. If I change them into something they're not then god forbid.

I could also go into the hunter folder in the spawnlist and spawn a huge 64x64 block, without it being banned. So it's not like you couldn't do that now that it has been removed.

Anyways, this can be closed. I was just wondering if I was doing myself a bamboozle since it wasn't working. Now that I know it has been removed I have got an answer to my question.