Staff Report: Awestruck
(07-22-2018, 02:43 AM)Nevy Wrote: What concerns me about this report the most is that you, without much involvement in the actual context of the situation, decided to post a report on these staff members because of FailRP. You yourself are throwing out accusations that it is "out of context" while yourself not actually having a true understanding of the context considering you were neither involved with the government, the mafia nor were a victim of any conflicts that they had.

FailRP in itself is something that can be decided upon at the discretion of staff members, unfortunately not yourself, and to go and go up against the two super-administrators directly despite it being something that was given the go-ahead in-game is, at least in my eyes, a grab for attention.

You had zero context and your only evidence was screen captures of the scoreboard, which shows player information not just from one server session but for the entire day, along with providing generic definitions of the words Mafia and this constant accusation that the accused staff member(s) were negligent in allowing this to take place.

I simply think there's an insufficient amount of evidence to support this narrative. It's merely a protection agreement that allowed the mafia to assist in the protection of the President.

That's simply my input. Goodluck with the report, bud.

To begin, let's not take this to petty digs such as "Attention", or being sarcatic (Not overly professional I suppose). I do not want attention, it is the least of my worries considering I was trying to work on something else. There is zero, absolutely zero, reason to not dispute this claim.
I would like a fair community, and you know what annoys me most, when admin(s) are more than happy to claim something isn't a rule break however allow for other people in the community to be banned for the exact thing they are doing. Let me also update you on something. My appartment (which was at the slums next to the garage) was infact raided whilst I was taking pictures, therefore me actually being directly effected by the group. I simply do not see how a criminal organisation is allowed to work with, or alongside, a government.

All that is required are screenshots. I am not required video evidence in order to prove that it happened as it has been shown through the screenshots.

I know I do not decide the rules, nor do I decide the outcome of a situation however I am allowed to contest a situation and the ones involved with the situation. I appreciate your opinion, but as I stated, it is not required for your petty little digs.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
-Involved-

Was government during the time the China Mafia were doing their RP.

Raids were happening every 10-15 minutes with almost all of the government being killed each time. They were running around the streets looking for any straggling government to kill them before they went back to their base.

This is unarguably the work of a criminal organisation.

For them to then be declared as government workers is quite clearly FailRP and Awestruck or Divey should have put a stop to it.

Bearing in mind I also got blacklisted for doing exactly what the China Mafia was doing is all that really needs to be said regarding rule breakage and then ignorance of this when Awestruck/ Divey became President/Vice President
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

Hello all those involved!

I'd like to state that what I did was in-fact valid. Regardless of whether or not the 'China Mafia' were raiding the Nexus for countless reasons (reasons that were valid Rule-wise and RP-wise). My Character was a part of the 'China Mafia' before I took up Presidency. After killing the President, I was placed into power. I used my previous group as personal security. (I had made sure that before we set up a base or that we even continued to RP, that any contraband they had was destroyed so that we could be in the clear both RP-wise and Rule-wise) as to not be classed as Criminals in the eyes of the law (perma-laws).

As for government members being so called "stuck" in their position. There was a lot of question in OOC regarding government coups. Asking if the government were allowed to kill me. I denied this as it breaks team-killing rules, so suggested they resign from the government job and become a Freedom Fighter or similar to rise up against the Dictator if they had an issue with it.

Next we come onto your interpretation of KOS adverts, and imaginary KOS lines. The screenshots you have provided do not prove any KOS took place. "stay away or you be considered a threat" is not a declaration of KOS. Barricades with stop signs on it, is not a KOS line...

I wont even get into official definitions of 'Mafia', because that just trying to push it to a stage it doesn't even need to get to. When I joined Presidency, I can assure all those involved and the reviewing SA that the group were not carrying out any criminal activities. Exception being when Fierce shot at Huskii, who was then warned by myself (due to him having pretty low hours)
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
(07-22-2018, 03:50 PM)Awestruck Wrote: Hello all those involved!

I'd like to state that what I did was in-fact valid. Regardless of whether or not the 'China Mafia' were raiding the Nexus for countless reasons (reasons that were valid Rule-wise and RP-wise). My Character was a part of the 'China Mafia' before I took up Presidency. After killing the President, I was placed into power. I used my previous group as personal security. (I had made sure that before we set up a base or that we even continued to RP, that any contraband they had was destroyed so that we could be in the clear both RP-wise and Rule-wise) as to not be classed as Criminals in the eyes of the law (perma-laws).

As for government members being so called "stuck" in their position. There was a lot of question in OOC regarding government coups. Asking if the government were allowed to kill me. I denied this as it breaks team-killing rules, so suggested they resign from the government job and become a Freedom Fighter or similar to rise up against the Dictator if they had an issue with it.

Next we come onto your interpretation of KOS adverts, and imaginary KOS lines. The screenshots you have provided do not prove any KOS took place. "stay away or you be considered a threat" is not a declaration of KOS. Barricades with stop signs on it, is not a KOS line...

I wont even get into official definitions of 'Mafia', because that just trying to push it to a stage it doesn't even need to get to. When I joined Presidency, I can assure all those involved and the reviewing SA that the group were not carrying out any criminal activities. Exception being when Fierce shot at Huskii, who was then warned by myself (due to him having pretty low hours)

Just because you have now left the group, and now because they no longer have contraband doesn't suddenly make them non-criminal. Correct me if I am wrong but the Corleone group are a Mafia, however not allowed to work with the government? What is going to come out of this report when Divey responds with no abuse noted, is that the government are allowed to work with any organisation, as long as they do not have contraband as they are not classed as criminal.
I am pushing it to the stage of definitions because what you seem to fail to understand is that you teamed up with a criminal organisation. A mafia is a criminal organisation.
Rule 2.8 states "Custom job titles must be realistic (don't roleplay something that isn't human), specific and accurately state what character you intend to roleplay". Naming yourself a Mafia, and then working with the government, is not setting your title as to what you intend to roleplay as the people participating in the MafiaRP agreed to work with the government as a PMC, however the title "Mafia" did not accurately represent this.

Also, when someone has just spent hours shooting the government and killing the President they are classed a criminal no? Forget contraband. Just because you were apart of this group and are now the President, or are now with the government, doesn't take away their criminal status. They have still spent hours killing President's and have still spent hours shooting police.

EDIT:
Quick comment on the KOS thing. The only reason I included this, and even mentioned it in the first place is because the people defending you (Esepcially Feirce) were extremely trigger happy and it sounded/seemed to me that anyone entering this zone was either instantly shot or killed which is proven through the shots against Vsync.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
One thing I would like to quickly point out; your job, was President. Please note that you stated 'Dictator'. Now, yes there is a massive difference here and not a thing of the moment, as you had a whole 10 minutes to change this before the staff report had even begun to have structure by myself.

So, not only was a 'President' working alongside a criminal organisation, however also setting dictoral laws.

Spoiler: Post claiming to be a Dictator
[Image: YXZ1daA.png]

Spoiler: Awestruck being a President
[Image: QIr4JCK.jpg]

Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
Hi BasicallyMental,

Sorry for the length of time this has been collecting dust for.

Having read through this case and discussed it, we have come to the conclusion that there was no abuse or rule-breakage from Awestruck.

His character was a part of the 'China Mafia' as they overthrew the Presidency. After killing the President, he was placed into power and then proceeded to use his previous group as his security detail. No matter what activities they were doing before, they achieved their goal of overthrowing the president, claiming ownership of the city and proceeded to dispose of any old contraband they owned to then be the security detail for him. 

As Awestruck told the government members, they were free to desert the ranks and try to rise up against this new Presidency if they had a problem with him. 

As Nevy has stated in this thread, you're constantly mentioning the mafia and government working alongside each other, but the Chinese Mafia wasn't out rolling around with the government doing traffic stops and enforcing the law around the city. It was purely a strategic partnership considering Awestruck's previous involvement with them. The Government Affiliate Groups explanations allow for the turn of events that happened in this case.

No abuse noted.

Case closed.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]