Lack of Admins leads to a lot more Minges.
It's nothing new honestly.

We all know how frustrating it can be for sure, but why is it only getting tackled now?

This is what happens when it comes down to promoting players who just want to be popular and better than everyone else, players that want more props to do their own roleplays better and keep their roleplay flowing smoothly, players that don't actually care about the servers.

I'm not taking shots at the team here, just saying how it looks, from what I've seen a majority do your role great, just the bad eggs which is impossible not to come around.

Activity can be hard now, as the community gets older, so do the players.. And it's the more experienced players that get the shots at staff. Looking at the team now, alot are over the age of 18, meaning loads of studying or full time working and even worse both for some. This massively limits time and will see the server under administrated at timee.

But y'all gotta understand also, it's not as easy as just "Promote more people!!!!" otherwise you'd end up with a complete dog shit staff team, which let's be honest, nobody wants..

It's not always under staffed, seems like a bad occasion which has been blown up massively, give it time, I'm sure between them they've realised the problem themselves.
The following 6 users Like Falc's post:
  • Envy, Willem de Walrus, Infernaw, Eclipze, Flux, Spartan_KCT
(07-22-2018, 06:13 AM)Yonno Wrote: I'd like to see some actual usage of the event server, as well as some initiative from ANY event manager to host events to create a getaway for the role players from all the mingery.

Besides, i think all the killfarming has been promoting more mingery, too. If there's constant shooting going on everywhere people go nuts and minges would feel more inclined to participate in the chaos. I wish there would be some way to revive ACTUAL AGRESSIVE ROLEPLAY, and not just people sitting on their asses in a borderline doomfort killing cops all day, its stupidly tiring to see.

The event server not being used is really our fault, as in the dev team. Event has been a buggy mess for ages, I have a ton of features planned to make events special again and the new and improved event server is almost fully set up (just waiting on access to a few files...). I already have added some event features like global concussions, the map retexturizer, global voice broadcast and global admin radio. I do still need to do more though and have a ton planned for events.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(07-22-2018, 06:32 AM)equal Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 06:13 AM)Yonno Wrote: Besides, i think all the killfarming has been promoting more mingery, too. If there's constant shooting going on everywhere people go nuts and minges would feel more inclined to participate in the chaos. I wish there would be some way to revive ACTUAL AGRESSIVE ROLEPLAY, and not just people sitting on their asses in a borderline doomfort killing cops all day, its stupidly tiring to see.

My thoughts exactly.

Just look at the frag montage that was recently posted on the forums. Not saying he is doing anything wrong individually, but this is what is basically going on every day, everywhere. I was on duty as a Dispatcher today and there was actual gunfire outside/inside Nexus non-stop for approximately 2 hours if not more. 

As soon as one guy/group starts firing more will join and thus the chain-reaction is started, it never freaking stops. (What happened to proper background roleplay btw?) Cars are abandoned left and right leading people to crash into the abandoned cars leading to more abandoned cars.

All in all, the server is online for a short duration of time and suddenly the city looks like something out of Mad Max. It just isn't an immersive environment and it doesn't promote any realistic roleplay what so ever.

All of this while most of the time, staff are just lingering in the shadows.
yeah I agree I’d like to see a rule preventing people raising the nexus every 10 minutes non stop and murdering everyone just because 1 person got arrested.
I've voiced my concern before on this issue.
I feel the issue lies at the top.
We have an owner who never shows his face.
I think Divey has been on quite a bit recently but he's not responded to any of my @ calls, I genuinely think he was afking houring.
As for awestruck although he maybe busy that is unfortunately not acceptable, we need a more server active sa.

Now onto the admins, despite contrary to belief I actually like most admins.
I would prefer if they were more active of course.
I personally think losing teacher role destroyed passive, although before I dissagreed with someone saying this I now understand. Admins are too busy or afk to watch roleplays properly.
Without the incentive on rp points most people don't passive, shout at to Capone as we still do Wink.

What can solve this all?

I genuinely believe soul ripper and the sas should be more active, if they are not I demand their resignations.
As for the admins I think the only fair way to sort stuff out is to let the server have an official staff feedback.
Make it public.

Once feedback has shown a vast majority of members are against a staff member due to them being lazy etc then do something about them/ demote.

You have the chance to fix this.
Do not ignore the community!
The following 2 users Like Aspire's post:
  • Lewwings, dawson270500
I think it's definitely worth promoting more staff members, something the team will look at as we move forward now. As Falc said it's not as easy as just promoting people with high hours or someone who knows the rules, they have to be good enough to fit into the team we have now and we have to be able to trust them. These things take time to observe so we can build profiles on users worthy of a shot at a staff position.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Narcotic, Wolven, Zona
The thing is, admins have become very friendly towards players and therefore their only interest is coming online to RP with some friends for a little while and then they leave for another week (this is how it comes across to the players by the way). We all refer to old times, but it's for a reason because back in that time we had a staff team that was active enough when the servers were full, or not full, to ensure that they are clean of minges and to ensure proper roleplay is going down.

I do however think the community is partly to blame here. One thing with players now is they all enjoy getting loud mouthed, thinking they're all this and that on a Garry's Mod server. In 2014, i remember there being a strict unwritten rule going around the community of the admins are actually superior because they have the final word and they do know better; that's why they're in that position. Reason behind this though? Admins are so inactive, I feel like players are starting to feel like we have to take some situations regarding rules into our own hands and grow our own knowledge because the staff team are never there to enforce the rules. Our only issue there however is Backseat Administrating and Player Reports are majority of the time ignored if they're a little more complicated; this leaves us with the only option which a lot take (including myself) of ranting on in OOC about shit.

Yonno could not have made a better statement:
(07-22-2018, 06:13 AM)Yonno Wrote: I'd like to see some actual usage of the event server, as well as some initiative from ANY event manager to host events to create a getaway for the role players from all the mingery.

Besides, i think all the killfarming has been promoting more mingery, too. If there's constant shooting going on everywhere people go nuts and minges would feel more inclined to participate in the chaos. I wish there would be some way to revive ACTUAL AGRESSIVE ROLEPLAY, and not just people sitting on their asses in a borderline doomfort killing cops all day, its stupidly tiring to see.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • bitchass
(07-22-2018, 09:46 AM)Aspire Wrote: I genuinely believe soul ripper and the sas should be more active, if they are not I demand their resignations.

Because you’re totally in a position to make such demands...

[Image: 17f.png]
The following 9 users Like Jan's post:
  • Yonno, BasicallyMental, mgdwszx, Narcotic, Wolven, god, Flux, sebasti161, James
(07-22-2018, 10:38 AM)Jan Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 09:46 AM)Aspire Wrote: I genuinely believe soul ripper and the sas should be more active, if they are not I demand their resignations.

Besides, SoulRipper's activity wouldn't change anything in the slightest. We have Super admins for a reason. They're also there to ensure everything works out properly in the background, whereas the actual administrators are there to administrate on the server. I also wouldn't state that Awestruck and Divey can be considered inactive.

SA and owner activity won't make a difference to the current issue. If the server is genuinely in chaos nearly every day nowadays as everyone is claiming, then hopefully the team can either set their priorities straight while on the server, they can get more motivated to actually be present on the server, or they can manage to find some solid new Trial Admins, and thus ultimately, replacements.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • bitchass

Yes I am actually.
I'm a loyal community member.
Jan you don't even play on fl, yesterday you asked how to sell a door. So it's obvious you never play.
The following 1 user Likes Aspire's post:
  • bitchass
(07-22-2018, 10:43 AM)Yonno Wrote:

Besides, SoulRipper's activity wouldn't change anything in the slightest. We have Super admins for a reason. They're also there to ensure everything works out properly in the background, whereas the actual administrators are there to administrate on the server. I also wouldn't state that Awestruck and Divey can be considered inactive.

SA and owner activity won't make a difference to the current issue. If the server is genuinely in chaos nearly every day nowadays as everyone is claiming, then hopefully the team can either set their priorities straight while on the server, they can get more motivated to actually be present on the server, or they can manage to find some solid new Trial Admins, and thus ultimately, replacements.

You're wrong.
If a new player sees that the owner doesn't bother to play then why would he even think it was worth playing, the owner not caring for the server pretty much.

As for the sas they are the examples for all admins to follow, that of course have to be active on the server and not just afking
The following 1 user Likes Aspire's post:
  • bitchass