Lack of Admins leads to a lot more Minges.
(07-21-2018, 10:28 PM)Killroy Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 09:58 PM)Lewwings Wrote: At the end of the day, the admins signed up for this, so if they fail to do their role in the community actively without a good reason, that is a plain neglect of their duties.

I find little to no incentive to join the FL server unless there is a planned rp as - what's the point? The server has been left without any form of administration and many players are here to minge and break rules. This brings down community spirit, and the general quality of the roleplay here goes down, looking through some of the older threads in "News & Announcements", the quality of roleplay was a major priority, and more active and caring players would be promoted to staff to keep the quality up, now that doesn't seem to be the case.

Don't get me started on the courthouse either, I mean, go take a look right now, there are unconcluded PRs from last month, that is ridiculous, something needs to be done to re-instate order here. Either the current staff should get their act together and deal with stuff, or new, more active and incentivised players should join the team to resolve these issues.

It wasn't this bad in 2016 or 2017, why does it have to be this bad now? Bring the order back.

It wasn't this bad in 2016 / 17 if you weren't a threat, if you just played the game and didn't try to challenge anyone you were solid but the moment you spoke out against Mr. Yiff you'd be pushed to the point of planning to just abandon the server lol. Just cause you weren't as aware of how shit worked doesn't mean it wasn't shite.

Fair enough. However, looking back on how things were then and now, many aspects of the community are finally 'stable', things like development, much more transparency and admin sub-roles. Sadly, along side this FL is slipping up on the administration side of things. This is what I more or less meant.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

make me SA and I'd fix the servers
by banning everyone
The following 1 user Likes Emil's post:
  • Lewwings
Last thing I'm gonna say here is the staff team is inconsistent with the persona they are trying to transmit and how they operate.
As much as I love FL and the community it’s so shit now a days. Not jus blaming staff but within this and last month the amount of times I just left because @ calls where getting ignored was honestly so frustrating. I honestly felt like Willem was the only who was active all the time and would actually respond to calls and I’m not being biased. Too many egos floating about
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 5 users Like Envy's post:
  • Lewwings, SpaghettiFTW, Dragnort_, Spartan_KCT, bitchass
(07-21-2018, 09:43 PM)Inlandbubbles Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 09:37 PM)Killroy Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 09:23 PM)equal Wrote: It's frustrating to come back after so many years and still not be able to do any passive roleplay without getting fucked over by minges. It has lead me to leave the server in frustration for the second day in a row.

Investing time into building a proper roleplay scenario only for someone to ruin the experience for everyone with little to no repercussions.

I usually just leave the server if I can see the admins are not on or not doing anything, that's the only thing you can do, to be honest. Either that or you can just do aggressive RP and find a reason to kill them like everyone else is doing.

Its almost as if some of them aren't in it to make the server a better place.

[Image: 200.gif]
That's beginning to look like a reality, and its just really sad Sad

Most admins are probably just there for the powers and the rep shall I say that comes with the staff rank, I don’t have any trust what so ever when admins don’t respond or if they do it the sit will probably be shite anyway (poor communication, no explanation of what you did wrong etc etc) Dont know why they are staff if they still want to be able to play like one of us again.

They need more staff which will do shit ingame rather than be “role playing as they don’t do it much”

Shame reall because more people are playing again now and the development is very good right now but fearless is slowly stabbing itself in the neck

Not to mention the toxicity towards each other amongst the community and some of the patheticness coming from people, for example just check the PR section and you will find how it isn’t really a friendly community to each other right now and more of a free for all shitfest
(07-21-2018, 09:23 PM)equal Wrote: It's frustrating to come back after so many years and still not be able to do any passive roleplay without getting fucked over by minges. It has lead me to leave the server in frustration for the second day in a row.

Investing time into building a proper roleplay scenario only for someone to ruin the experience for everyone with little to no repercussions.

I usually just leave the server if I can see the admins are not on or not doing anything, that's the only thing you can do, to be honest. Either that or you can just do aggressive RP and find a reason to kill them like everyone else is doing.

‘Give me mod back’
The following 2 users Like JackZ's post:
  • sebasti161, bitchass
(07-22-2018, 01:37 AM)JackZ Wrote:

‘Give me mod back’

[Image: 0r4YJ7l.png]
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • juicyorange
Don't know why this is coming up now as it has been a problem for a long time. Probably because the servers are actually seeing a rise in popularity again. I have brought this up with different generations of SAs.

The admin team for the past couple of years has declined a lot when it comes to answering @ calls. If they are on you will see possibly one answering calls and the others either roleplaying or afk. 

I have always have said in my time here that the staffs first duty here is answering @ calls and making the communities time more enjoyable, but that comes to making the admin role similar to a job and that's just not how the role is seen anymore unfortunately. Some staff will say that if they do that it well be unenjoyable for them. Which don't get me wrong is a fair statement. But if that is the case they should just resign and they can roleplay all they want.

I'm going to let you guys in on a little secret. It is stupid easy to administrate a server with 50+ people on it by yourself. No one just wanted to do it.

I've given up hoping this will change because it's just the moral of the team now and it will forever be a norm here on FL.
The following 8 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Yonno, Infernaw, Lewwings, Flux, SJ., sebasti161, Spartan_KCT, bitchass
I'd like to see some actual usage of the event server, as well as some initiative from ANY event manager to host events to create a getaway for the role players from all the mingery.

Besides, i think all the killfarming has been promoting more mingery, too. If there's constant shooting going on everywhere people go nuts and minges would feel more inclined to participate in the chaos. I wish there would be some way to revive ACTUAL AGRESSIVE ROLEPLAY, and not just people sitting on their asses in a borderline doomfort killing cops all day, its stupidly tiring to see.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 6 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Archer, Lewwings, BasicallyMental, Dragnort_, Spartan_KCT, Baskingner
(07-22-2018, 06:13 AM)Yonno Wrote: Besides, i think all the killfarming has been promoting more mingery, too. If there's constant shooting going on everywhere people go nuts and minges would feel more inclined to participate in the chaos. I wish there would be some way to revive ACTUAL AGRESSIVE ROLEPLAY, and not just people sitting on their asses in a borderline doomfort killing cops all day, its stupidly tiring to see.

My thoughts exactly.

Just look at the frag montage that was recently posted on the forums. Not saying he is doing anything wrong individually, but this is what is basically going on every day, everywhere. I was on duty as a Dispatcher today and there was actual gunfire outside/inside Nexus non-stop for approximately 2 hours if not more. 

As soon as one guy/group starts firing more will join and thus the chain-reaction is started, it never fucking stops. (What happened to proper background roleplay btw?) Cars are abandoned left and right leading people to crash into the abandoned cars leading to more abandoned cars.

All in all, the server is online for a short duration of time and suddenly the city looks like something out of Mad Max. It just isn't an immersive environment and it doesn't promote any realistic roleplay what so ever.

All of this while most of the time, staff are just lingering in the shadows.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 3 users Like equal's post:
  • juicyorange, Spartan_KCT, bitchass