Donating for In-Game Money // Alternatives
Did you get this idea from a runescape private server? Tounge
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
Still waiting for Fearless' daily log-in reward system. Could also make use of these tokens.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(07-31-2018, 05:19 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: Personally, I feel like players should know what they are buying and they should be able to buy what they want with their 2.50$.

I think the biggest issue is mainly that it is, unfortunately, pay-to-win in the sense that you're able to bypass in-game methods of making money to instead get an advantage by paying real money to acquire in-game items for both passive or aggressive RP.

Of course, it may require some re-structuring with the pricing, but it would certainly make for a more fair and balanced system that might not always reward individuals with money. Those who were in it strictly for money could, of course, simply sell the tokens to other players and not take their chances.

Those who do take a chance might receive a cash reward, deemed substantial enough for the price of the token, or a wide range of other valuables that are comparable to the cash-value they would've received.

I'd say the cost of (1) token might be around 50 cents // 50 pence

Current system gives individuals $50,000 for approx. $2.50 so if we divided this by 5 we'd say that a cash-value prize from a token spin would be around $10,000.

I'm not saying that we turn this into a game of chance - I'm saying that we reduce the amount of money generated out of thin air. Offering unique prizes, itemized perks and random items all bring in the same value to them but do not directly impact the economy.

For example - using the token to take a spin and receiving a random item would reward them with an item near that $10,000 mark. This might include (1-2) big pockets, (X) amount of this item, an AWP, etc.

This gives these individuals an item that is worth how much they would've received - but it simply would require them to take an additional step to turn it into cash. That might mean finding a buyer in-game through player-interactions or utilizing the Marketplace.

It may be one extra step but it would certainly reduce the amount of criticism that the current system has in that money is constantly being generated.
Additionally, I think it would be refreshing to create these itemized perks that are trade-able. 

I listed some of these ideas in the original post, however, I'll go ahead and list some of the ideas out here:

[Itemized Perks]
  • Salary Boost (Receive a +150% boost to your salary for 48 hours)
  • Eliminate Item Cooldown (Removes Item Cooldown for 'X' hours)
  • Adrenaline Junkie (Replenishes Stamina Faster for 'X' hours)
  • Prop-limit Boost (Prop-limit increased by X for a certain time)
You could have a large # of different itemized perks both common and those that are more rare - in order to best create a player-market for both types.
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
Really like the idea. I was never in favour of just being able to buy ingame money. My only concern tho is that people could still just buy donator for others, so pretty much the money packs would just get replaced by that.
To be fair, I'm not fond of having lootboxes in Fearless as I don't like lootboxes in general. They provoke people to gamble all their money in order to maximize profits.
What I suggest however, is a few different donation options. For instance:
- Propraise to 50/60 for a month $2.50
- Special Donator Car $10
- Ingame money
- Normal donation pack
- Special Donator suit
- Unique government vehicle access for a month $2.50

I think you get the deal. I would love to see more rewards for different donations.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

I honestly think the money pack system is working well, we've had the same system for 7 years minimum, there have never been any issues with it. Sure some people may be against it, but I have never heard of the majority calling it pay-to-win.

Token system does sound interesting, so I wouldn't be against it.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Spartan_KCT