Opinions on the latest announcement!
(07-18-2018, 05:57 PM)Dobbs Wrote:
(07-18-2018, 05:52 PM)Wolven Wrote: Well, considering I made around 2 mill in 2 days, this was needed indeed. But eh, not really a fan of it tbf.

Bloody hell where were you based?

I was based at slums, spent roughly 20 hours a day just farming weed, not contraband, but I can see how the contraband could/was abused. The weed farm nerf has already kicked in so I can't earn that money anymore.
Wolven

I could see why this was implemented to be fair but I think it should be allowed as it makes sense. Yeah, you can make ridiculous amounts of money but that just simply happens if you get dozens of sets of contraband and farm for hours and hours.

At the end of the day, the same amount of money will be earned on the server; it will just be focused on one or two people opposed to many people making small amounts. Technically speaking, the economy has stayed the exact same.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • Grunt
I get both sides really. It was really easy to make a lot of money whilst contrafarming, done it many times myself. However the amount of money you could make in such a short amount of time was a bit broken really.
[Image: KL3qjvw.png]

Thanks for the money.
Seems like a stupid rule to me just because some people are making loads of money how about you just limit people to have 4 printers each and 14 drug labs. So that way at least it's limited and not just banned at all.

-Removed by Steven8ken
(07-18-2018, 07:10 PM)Nasos Wrote: I could see why this was implemented to be fair but I think it should be allowed as it makes sense. Yeah, you can make ridiculous amounts of money but that just simply happens if you get dozens of sets of contraband and farm for hours and hours.

At the end of the day, the same amount of money will be earned on the server; it will just be focused on one or two people opposed to many people making small amounts. Technically speaking, the economy has stayed the exact same.

I dont really give a shit about all this contraband shit, its in game money who cares. But the maths doesnt work. Most people dont join the server and place contraband. Groups were targetting players to spawn contra down for them in exchange for money. If a player is just on chilling and was offered 20k to just place down his/her contraband, im pretty sure they would. It's 14k profit for doing nothing and if you leave in 15 minutes of joining you would have made 14k in 15 minutes without having to do anything.
This isn't DarkRP. Massively scaled contraband farms shouldn't be a thing and people shouldn't be able to farm for hours and hours.

The solution isn't nerfing Contraband. It's removing it and finding alternatives that make sense and don't rely on massive police shootouts and little to no interaction. It's simple money. Spawning it down and protecting it.
The following 3 users Like Nevy's post:
  • CorieTheNub, Grunt, MrFinnConlon
(07-18-2018, 08:20 PM)Nevy Wrote: This isn't DarkRP. Massively scaled contraband farms shouldn't be a thing and people shouldn't be able to farm for hours and hours.

The solution isn't nerfing Contraband. It's removing it and finding alternatives that make sense and don't rely on massive police shootouts and little to no interaction. It's simple money. Spawning it down and protecting it.

Yeah I totally agree that this isn't DarkRP and that possibly massive scaled contra farms shouldn't be a thing. However my argument is that if people are going to go through that effort to defend a base, purchase contraband and invest a lot of their time into it, they do deserve the money. Maybe not millions however...

I don't see how we can nerf contraband and removing it and finding an alternative would actually be pretty cool idea. However, it's replicating the uniqueness of Fearless' contraband. Also, I believe that in order to not have minimal RP and go into a massive shootout is all down the players. Maybe to stop this a certain procedure of RP should be put in place?
I think being able to make as much money as players were is OP. The concept is pretty clever and works well, just needs to be nerfed. I.e. nerf the ECM jammer to limit how many contraband you can steal.
The following 1 user Likes Grunt's post:
  • god
(07-18-2018, 08:30 PM)Grunt Wrote: I think being able to make as much money as players were is OP. The concept is pretty clever and works well, just needs to be nerfed. I.e. nerf the ECM jammer to limit how many contraband you can steal.

Yeah that actually sounds fair. However if this nerf was implemented, we just have to take into account how much time and effort these players were going through. Yeah, it's easy but again you can't necessarily leave your computer - kicked for AFK, raids etc. I think we just need to do the math