Map Rotations
(07-18-2018, 11:30 PM)Pollux Wrote: I think once we get settled we won't have to keep switching map. I think the only reason the V5P switch happened is because people were promised better frames, honestly I think we made a mistake ever starting that vote in thr first place. People were more than fine with being on the same map for a while.

Defiantly don't beat yourself mate the map the vote was a great idea and made sense but now it's v2d I think the player base has increased and I can tell you myself and many others are putting a lot more time into the server!
The following 2 users Like god's post:
  • , sebasti161
I like the idea with map rotations.
If the Dev-Team can make it work it's gucci.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
I like v2d, v2d works. Keep v2d?

srs though, V2D is nearly always full. Past 12 mid-day its half full!

Look at how many people you actually meet in the city. Pines had none of this, the map was wide and sparse ,finding people was like playing where's-wally.
I think V2D was great in 2010

8 years later I think I would rather play on a map that is fitting for a CityRP server with 70+ individuals running around.
Right now, it's CDM Simulator 2018.

Take me back to V4B1 so I can chill outside your house in the night watching you and your FamilyRP.
The following 2 users Like Nevy's post:
  • Pollux, Luna
id really like a map rotation of 3-4 maps a year
Major +Support for all the suggestions. Im especially enthousiastic about having some items limited to one map since that actually does start something like an economy! Think about it, a map with a ‘special lake’ that gives you fish that heals and fills your hunger!! (lame idea, just an example though) Once the map rotates that fish becomes ‘unobtainable’ for a few months making it actually profitable to be a reseller or keep your stock until better times, hell you can even start investing money and actually earn money from it.

Great ideas guys, keep em coming!
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Yonno
Not in favour of the idea. I like V2D I like fl the way it is. Last time we started testing stuff with maps we were left off with 20 players on weekends.
(07-19-2018, 12:43 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: I like v2d, v2d works. Keep v2d?

srs though, V2D is nearly always full. Past 12  mid-day its half full!

Look at how many people you actually meet in the city. Pines had none of this, the map was wide and sparse ,finding people was like playing where's-wally.

How many passive rps do you see on V2D compared to v5p or v4b1, there is not a lot on v2d. V2D is basically base wars or how much can you cop bait or CDM Simulator. V2d is a boring and outdated map. All i see is slums borderline doomforts setup with like 40+ pots per person and hear shootouts every 5 mins, so no, imo, v2d does not work anymore.
(07-24-2018, 11:20 PM)Arny Wrote:

How many passive rps do you see on V2D compared to v5p or v4b1, there is not a lot on v2d. V2D is basically base wars or how much can you cop bait or CDM Simulator. V2d is a boring and outdated map. All i see is slums borderline doomforts setup with like 40+ pots per person and hear shootouts every 5 mins, so no, imo, v2d does not work anymore.

Its not the map. Why is this even an argument?  V2D was around for literally 6 years .  Its not like everyone went 'omg its v2d we can't roleplay'. No! Everyone roleplayed, during the afternoon every single shop was bought and an RP was going on. i've seen more RP's on V2D than you can imagine. v2d used to be the PassiveRP king to the point Lesanka and Avgar would (even though v4b1 was completely full) swap over to v2d to do passiveRP's because thats the best place.

The reason for RP's not occuring is RPP's are not being given so no-one can be bothered to do it. It's not rocket science, its like why would I sit in a base and spawn printers if they spawned no money? If I didn't make money why would I sit there and look after them? Thats how people view RPP's. For those who roleplay for the roleplay, they don't need to blame the map because they enjoy roleplaying regardless of what they're given. They will make it work (Lesanka and Avgar are prime examples of this)

Stop making excuses and roleplay!
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Grunt
(07-24-2018, 11:57 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(07-24-2018, 11:20 PM)Arny Wrote:

Its not the map. Why is this even an argument?  V2D was around for literally 6 years .  Its not like everyone went 'omg its v2d we can't roleplay'. No! Everyone roleplayed, during the afternoon every single shop was bought and an RP was going on. i've seen more RP's on V2D than you can imagine. v2d used to be the PassiveRP king to the point Lesanka and Avgar would (even though v4b1 was completely full) swap over to v2d to do passiveRP's because thats the best place.

The reason for RP's not occuring is RPP's are not being given so no-one can be bothered to do it. It's not rocket science, its like why would I sit in a base and spawn printers if they spawned no money? If I didn't make money why would I sit there and look after them? Thats how people view RPP's. For those who roleplay for the roleplay, they don't need to blame the map because they enjoy roleplaying regardless of what they're given. They will make it work (Lesanka and Avgar are prime examples of this)

Stop making excuses and roleplay!

I remember some really good RP a while ago on v2d, it's just died because of what you said along with the fact that alot of the PassRP players have left too.

RPP do play a factor in it aswell especially for new players since RPP means you can get some fancy shit.