911 Dispatch System
one thing that'd be useful for those that dont look at chat too much when doing something as an officer (me, for one) it would be useful to have a popup or something along the sorts like the rebel objective
(07-16-2018, 08:47 PM)sebasti161 Wrote: one thing that'd be useful for those that dont look at chat too much when doing something as an officer (me, for one) it would be useful to have a popup or something along the sorts like the rebel objective

When you notice that you were assigned you can just look in the chat?
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
This is an amazing idea, but to be honest it becomes useless when the police force & sru doesn't work with the dispatcher, then no one finds out about calls. For example today when I was dispatch the entire SRU & Police Force had their statuses  as Unavailable or On Scene, refusing to change it, this lead to calls not being answered AT ALL. This has been happening all day. When the police don't work with it, they will never hear about calls.

I spent 20 minutes getting Police to do the simple task of changing their status, in those 20 minutes there were several reports of muggings and one person reported themselves being taken hostaged, and eventually died because almost no one works with the Dispatcher.

In all honesty, we are much better off without it, the idea is great, but it doesn't function or work well when the players don't or refuse to make use of it. I really do appreciate the work and effort put into making this, but it simply doesn't work with the players. Calls get missed due to officers not using it, people die or get injured due to calls being dismissed/ignored by officers. It's made the force a mess.

My suggestion is that, instead of the Dispatcher assigning people to each call. They should just assign the amount of officers, then officers get a notice (Like the president does for warrants) and they can click respond or ignore and work with that. Otherwise we'll have officers getting calls, and not responding or not getting them due to being 'unavailable'.
Poseidon Corporation - Director of Government Relations
LGBTQR+ Society - Founding Director

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not." 
-Oprah Winfrey

(07-17-2018, 12:05 AM)SeductivePotato Wrote: This is an amazing idea, but to be honest it becomes useless when the police force & sru doesn't work with the dispatcher, then no one finds out about calls. For example today when I was dispatch the entire SRU & Police Force had their statuses  as Unavailable or On Scene, refusing to change it, this lead to calls not being answered AT ALL. This has been happening all day. When the police don't work with it, they will never hear about calls.

I spent 20 minutes getting Police to do the simple task of changing their status, in those 20 minutes there were several reports of muggings and one person reported themselves being taken hostaged, and eventually died because almost no one works with the Dispatcher.
I'm already working on some fixes.. Only need to test them.

And if you think we are better without it just don't use it. There is no need for a dispatcher if you don't want one.
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
(07-17-2018, 12:10 AM)Alphaverse Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 12:05 AM)SeductivePotato Wrote: This is an amazing idea, but to be honest it becomes useless when the police force & sru doesn't work with the dispatcher, then no one finds out about calls. For example today when I was dispatch the entire SRU & Police Force had their statuses  as Unavailable or On Scene, refusing to change it, this lead to calls not being answered AT ALL. This has been happening all day. When the police don't work with it, they will never hear about calls.

And if you think we are better without it just don't use it. There is no need for a dispatcher if you don't want one.
It's not about me using it, there's frustration on both ends. I can't get officers to respond to calls, become available or let me know when a call is Code 4, so they just remain in that call (unavailable) for ages  and don't get other calls. When I'm a police officer, I waited an hour, and didn't get a single call, I knew stuff was going on, requests going in but none were going to me. Just all officers were idling around the city with no receiving calls.

"Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not." 
-Oprah Winfrey

(07-17-2018, 12:14 AM)SeductivePotato Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 12:10 AM)Alphaverse Wrote:

It's not about me using it, there's frustration on both ends. I can't get officers to respond to calls, become available or let me know when a call is Code 4, so they just remain in that call (unavailable) for ages  and don't get other calls. When I'm a police officer, I waited an hour, and didn't get a single call, I knew stuff was going on, requests going in but none were going to me. Just all officers were idling around the city with no receiving calls.

I have an update ready that fixes all issues you mentioned.. Just need access to the Test Server to test it.. Then everything will be fine..
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
Fantastic.

-Oprah Winfrey

Amazing to see my suggestion being added way before I imagined! Hyped as fuck for when I get home.
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The following 1 user Likes Spartan_KCT's post:
  • Alphaverse
Can't wait to try this!
Amazing update.

[Image: uickTS0.png] +Rep
The following 1 user Likes Santaliz's post:
  • Alphaverse