/restorecontra
(07-09-2018, 08:46 PM)Yonno Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 08:44 PM)Tomo Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 08:42 PM)Yonno Wrote: Since when do people refund contraband on server crashes? I thought that only happened with manual restarts.

We don't. That's why I made this suggestion. We can't ever prove what people had. My phrasing in that last sentence is a bit off, sorry.

Gotcha. As long as it's not exploitable then I'm down, it just sounds like it can potentially be easily exploited, not sure how or anything, though. I also think people should only be allowed their own contraband.

+support nonetheless

The only possible exploit I could think of would be if the system saved the contra and then within that minute before it saves again, the contra gets destroyed and the server crashes.

The likelihood of this happening is extremely slim, so if it does happy by complete coincidence, i'd say it's just lucky them for getting a refunded with contra they didn't actually have that one time. Nobody can guess when the server is gonna crash so it's almost impossible to do this deliberately.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
+Support Sounds like a good idea
Alphaverse
Ex - Contributor
+Support

+Support
Big +support
Aryen
Fearless Donator 
Stolen contra isn't even refunded during manual refunds right now, so I doubt we should include it in this system.

This will need to be thought out a ton in order to make sure people cannot exploit it. Ideally, I would not even make it a command and just have contraband refunded to inventory on a crash. The issue is i'm not too sure if it's possible to do this reliably. Restoreprops simply has all your props stored in a file which you can manually restore at any point, not just server crashes.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
+support
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
(07-09-2018, 09:50 PM)Pollux Wrote: Stolen contra isn't even refunded during manual refunds right now, so I doubt we should include it in this system.

This will need to be thought out a ton in order to make sure people cannot exploit it. Ideally, I would not even make it a command and just have contraband refunded to inventory on a crash. The issue is i'm not too sure if it's possible to do this reliably. Restoreprops simply has all your props stored in a file which you can manually restore at any point, not just server crashes.

Just add a check to see if the contra is stolen or not each time it saves the contraband. Easy
[Image: clvck9d.png]
+support
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
+Support
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator