Removal of the Teacher rank
(07-05-2018, 08:39 PM)Nasos Wrote: The think the complete removal of the team may be a bit too far. Yes, the recent teacher team and liaisons weren't the best FL has seen however removing the rank completely is a bit much in my opinion.

I think teacher apps should go back to being public and I think the liaisons should really focus on the team by making sure they set a proper passionate and genuine example and aren't just there for the rank, but for the community.

The current teacher team wasn't the best? *-*
Aragorn
Fearless Community Donator
(07-05-2018, 09:48 PM)MasterNoda Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 09:44 PM)Reebs Wrote: You’ve gotta be shitting me.

So you’d rather have staff waste the time they could be using to actively enforce the rules to answer questions from people? And you just got rid of a whole fcking rank, just like that? Not even consulting the community? So what’s next to go? Contributors? Also, what happened to the whole community survey where the majority of the community thought the teachers were helpful?

I am not happy about this at all.

Reebs you know damn well how underused the help chat was. A majority of people asked in OOC, and sometimes in @. If they asked in @, we never said "just ask help chat", we answered it, because it wasnt a massive deal.

The point is, Noda: the teachers were much more of a help than many think they were. 

As for what you said, Eeee, I just want to set the record straight here: I do not feel as if what happened to the rank is the fault of any of the teachers, nor the liaisons. That being said I have to agree with Grunt. While I was a teacher under Tomo and Falc, everything was fantastic but it just kind of progressively got worse as things went on and new liaisons were in and out. As I said I don’t think this is the fault of any specific liaison. Each liaison had their own things they wanted to do and some worked some didn’t. Unfortunately, Eeee you and Siphon were the unlucky guys who’s direction didn’t work and it resulted in the removal of the rank. I do not blame you or Siphon whatsoever.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 2 users Like Reebs's post:
  • Grunt, mintblackbeard
(07-05-2018, 10:50 PM)Reebs Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 09:48 PM)MasterNoda Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 09:44 PM)Reebs Wrote: You’ve gotta be shitting me.

So you’d rather have staff waste the time they could be using to actively enforce the rules to answer questions from people? And you just got rid of a whole fcking rank, just like that? Not even consulting the community? So what’s next to go? Contributors? Also, what happened to the whole community survey where the majority of the community thought the teachers were helpful?

I am not happy about this at all.

Reebs you know damn well how underused the help chat was. A majority of people asked in OOC, and sometimes in @. If they asked in @, we never said "just ask help chat", we answered it, because it wasnt a massive deal.

The point is, Noda: the teachers were much more of a help than many think they were. 

As for what you said, Eeee, I just want to set the record straight here: I do not feel as if what happened to the rank is the fault of any of the teachers, nor the liaisons. That being said I have to agree with Grunt. While I was a teacher under Tomo and Falc, everything was fantastic but it just kind of progressively got worse as things went on and new liaisons were in and out. As I said I don’t think this is the fault of any specific liaison. Each liaison had their own things they wanted to do and some worked some didn’t. Unfortunately, Eeee you and Siphon were the unlucky guys who’s direction didn’t work and it resulted in the removal of the rank. I do not blame you or Siphon whatsoever.

As I've stated several times their direction was working, it's just the entire team were against the concept and wanted to move in a direction which would encourage more players to help out, rather than a select few who are rewarded over others.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
(07-05-2018, 10:20 PM)Wolven Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 10:13 PM)perqe Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 07:19 PM)Wolven Wrote: [FL:RP] Wolven: Use @ to contact the adminitrative team for any enquires or use /pm Joe Joe <message> and he'll respond  straight away to you tomorrow!

attitude has soon changed.

I'm just playin, bit of banter

i know, im doing what i do best, stir its all fun and games.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • Wolven
Perhaps replace the Teacher with a Trusted Member role? Basically the same concept but not seen in any way as staff, if that’s what the team had an issue with.

More just people who could host RP’s and be trusted to award RPPs.
While the community do help in OOC, it’s helpful for new players to have someone specific that can help them and play with them for a while to understand everything.
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Balls
(07-05-2018, 11:13 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: Perhaps replace the Teacher with a Trusted Member role? Basically the same concept but not seen in any way as staff, if that’s what the team had an issue with.

While the community do help in OOC, it’s helpful for new players to have someone specific that can help them and play with them for a while to understand everything.

no not gonna happen
(07-05-2018, 11:14 PM)sebasti161 Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 11:13 PM)aDisabledDeer Wrote: Perhaps replace the Teacher with a Trusted Member role? Basically the same concept but not seen in any way as staff, if that’s what the team had an issue with.

no not gonna happen

Just a suggestion, might be worthwhile looking into different possibilities - seems a bit odd not having a bridge between player and admin
The following 1 user Likes aDisabledDeer's post:
  • Grunt
(07-05-2018, 10:51 PM)Divey Wrote: As I've stated several times their direction was working, it's just the entire team were against the concept and wanted to move in a direction which would encourage more players to help out, rather than a select few who are rewarded over others.

I can understand the idea of encouragement of players helping people out, but is not seeing teachers helping someone out a good way to encourage/inspire other players to do it? Having a dedicated team of players whos primary role is to help people is a very good way of encouraging players to follow in their footsteps.

Removing the role entirely is surely a negative step in promoting a helpful player base? I mean you will still have the experienced players helping people from time to time but having dedicated members for it keeps it more consistent and welcoming. Sort of like store assistant in a shop, sure you can ask a fellow customer in the shop where the milk is, but it's nice to see a face of the store available to help and show presence .
The following 1 user Likes Grunt's post:
  • Wolven
You see people helping others all the time. Lots of people are going to be distracted but the ones that aren't tend to help if they know. We have to also consider, This is a server we enjoying playing and a one we want to be big so its also our responsibility to help new players with all of the unique features of fearless and help them get an understanding because these are people that could potentially start playing all the time which makes the server better for the rest of us. If you feel like you deserve a title just for helping others your not doing it for the right reasons. You should simply just want to help regardless.
[Image: sig.png]
Well shit