Removal of the Teacher rank
(07-05-2018, 08:24 PM)Decay Wrote: Give them veteran status or riot

Really hope that's a joke and not a serious suggestion.
I've had a good think about it and I've changed tune. I can't say I agree with the decision. Yes, there are problems but just getting rid of it isn't the way to fix problems. If the community aren't helping because there are teachers, make it clear that it's not just teachers who are there to teach others. Get rid of the teachers who aren't doing a good job or are clearly just there for the benefits it brings. I have to side with Jan to some extent with this one. Lots of bad decisions were made and not much change up to when I left. Not saying attempts weren't made but not much was done. We lost the ability to comment on applications which created a disconnect between the staff and teachers in my eyes and the loss of public commenting on applications created a disconnect between the community and the staff team. Having the applications public also meant that people didn't think that you had to be teacher to help people as you'd need to help people already for you to get support. More and more was taken from the teacher team and then more and more regulation put on them. It was better when there was less regulation and more open.

Yes, there were problems. What of it? Fix the problem and get on with it. Don't abandon ship at the first sign of a leak.

Mint out.
The following 3 users Like mintblackbeard's post:
  • HundraProcent, Archer, Balls
(07-05-2018, 08:29 PM)mintblackbeard Wrote: I've had a good think about it and I've changed tune. I can't say I agree with the decision. Yes, there are problems but just getting rid of it isn't the way to fix problems. If the community aren't helping because there are teachers, make it clear that it's not just teachers who are there to teach others. Get rid of the teachers who aren't doing a good job or are clearly just there for the benefits it brings. I have to side with Jan to some extent with this one. Lots of bad decisions were made and not much change up to when I left. Not saying attempts weren't made but not much was done. We lost the ability to comment on applications which created a disconnect between the staff and teachers in my eyes and the loss of public commenting on applications created a disconnect between the community and the staff team. Having the applications public also meant that people didn't think that you had to be teacher to help people as you'd need to help people already for you to get support. More and more was taken from the teacher team and then more and more regulation put on them. It was better when there was less regulation and more open.

Yes, there were problems. What of it? Fix the problem and get on with it. Don't abandon ship at the first sign of a leak.

Mint out.

Not the first sign of a leak, the usefulness of the teacher team has been debated since me and you were teacher and the only difference between then and now is that then there were atleast a few people on the teacher team who did a semi-decent job and actually had an impact on peoples experience where now most I've spoken to either say the teachers recently have done fuck-all, not enough or they haven't even met them.
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • Balls
(07-05-2018, 08:27 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 08:24 PM)Decay Wrote: Give them veteran status or riot

Really hope that's a joke and not a serious suggestion.

lol obviously
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Decay's post:
  • Lewwings
Sounds like this is the wrong way about solving a poor teacher team. Like Falc said, back when they started it was a decent team of passionate players who enjoyed RP, both Agro and Passive.

Seems like it's a big disconnect from the concept of this being an RP server, not just minge and gat the police.
The following 2 users Like Grunt's post:
  • mintblackbeard, Balls
The think the complete removal of the team may be a bit too far. Yes, the recent teacher team and liaisons weren't the best FL has seen however removing the rank completely is a bit much in my opinion.

I think teacher apps should go back to being public and I think the liaisons should really focus on the team by making sure they set a proper passionate and genuine example and aren't just there for the rank, but for the community.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 2 users Like Grape's post:
  • Grunt, Archer
It is a shame to see the rank being removed, I was hoping to become more active again in the summer and perhaps rejoin the team to continue what I started to help the team and community. However, I feel that there was a rapid decline of motivation when we, as teachers, were to gain a new liaison and the admins we voted for were not picked with no reason given. I may still come on and help the community as you suggest in the original post, however I feel that a lack of motivation within the community to help will become acknowledged. I hope this is a step in the right direction, afterall, I only wish for the best for the community and the staff team.
I have a solution

Repromote me - Me and Tomo take control of teachers again - I reinstate Cox, Kippsee, JackZ and Minus to teachers!

Problem solved.
The following 8 users Like Falc's post:
  • Tomo, Lewwings, Kippsee, MasterNoda, Eclipze, Viljo, Balls, mintblackbeard
(07-05-2018, 08:46 PM)Falc Wrote: I have a solution

Repromote me - Me and Tomo take control of teachers again - I reinstate Cox, Kippsee, JackZ and Minus to teachers!

Problem solved.

Better than anything there has been since the roles were created lmao.
To my post above, it does make a good point.

I refused to promote kissass’ along with Tomo.

The names above were aggressive and didn’t do everything by the book, didn’t kissass, didn’t hang around with staff only to become known.

They were bog standard and mingey as hell at times, but they were in the rank because they wanted to help Fearless and players, not to become staff, that’s the difference to now.
The following 5 users Like Falc's post:
  • mintblackbeard, Kippsee, Envy, Eclipze, Balls