Unban Request
Your name: [FL:RP] тσxic

Your SteamID: [b]STEAM_0:0:24034976[/b]

Your ban ID: 80546

Banned by: [FL:T] Captain Barry

Reason: BRA (87681) - FearRP

Involved: only me

Why we should unban you: For first i want to tell how situation looks like: I was staying handcuffed and officer had taser gun, I tried to run away once, but then he tasered me and i surrendered, then he get me into jail obviosly.

Well, I know as when someone is pointing on me by a gun ( tool that can kill me ) I can run away, so yes, Captain Barry as u said on player report post "тσxic [...] should know better at this point." - Yes i knew. But i looked at what officer has got in the hand and it wasn't tool that he can kill me with... 

And what does this add up to? Fearless Roleplay is trying to be as realstic as it can be in Garry's mod, so I'm always trying to feel like I'm John Ornot ( my game nick ) and what will I do in this situation at this state in real life... So if someone will be pointing at me with gun - that can kill me, I will do what this person want me to do, but if someone is pointing at me with taser - tool that can only stop me, don't kill me, why i shouldn't try... In worst option officer will stop me with it. 

Consider this all, I was not thinking as it was anything wrong bc it's just realstic, but anyway after officer tasered me and I woke up, I was not like running away, again and again - I think its just normal situation that could become in real life...

Ps. I'm really not that bad guy on this serv, as i said im always trying to roleplay as well as I can, for example today I earned Roleplay point, and its not first time...

Cheers, 
[FL:RP] тσxic
Hello.
While your dedication to maintaining a serious RP is very much appreciated and something that everyone should strive for, FearRP still applies with Tazers.
If you wish to argue that we should be considering realism, then let's look at the Tazer in real life.

Standard police issue X26 Tazers can deliver around the range of 50,000 volts onto target with a successful deployment of the barbed connectors.
50,000 volts is a lot of pain, which your character would no doubt be afraid of getting hit by.
Not to mention you already got hit by the tazer once already, so you would have experienced that pain first hand and would be afraid of getting hit by it again.
While a tazer might not kill you it will certainly hurt a lot, and your character will be afraid of that pain. Thus, FearRP.

Do you have anything else that you want to add that you think could further benefit your UBR?

Captain Barry
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]
(07-02-2018, 09:35 AM)Captain Barry Wrote: If you wish to argue that we should be considering realism, then let's look at the Tazer in real life.

50,000 volts is a lot of pain, which your character would no doubt be afraid of getting hit by.

I know how looks taser, what more i have one in my house Smile

And yes maybe in real life while im sitting on chair, and im only innocent guy that is afraid of pain - I will be afraid of taser gun pain.
But as I said im always trying to act like I'm person in game - so I'm acting like ( in this situation ) I was rebeliant which was in jail twice... So that rebeliant is not afraid of taser pain, he can be afraid of death ( maybe )

Here is some example from real situation:
https://youtu.be/WlbIlYIk6Mc?t=307

Cheers,
Of course it happens in real life. Have you ever seen someone who's on synthetic drugs? They're practically immune to pain and completely out of their minds so they won't care for a tazer. Take a look at this for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhu_J0iq6_I

However we maintain rules here to keep things simple, and a line has to be drawn somewhere.
If you are under threat of death or pain, in this case serious pain, you must follow the orders given to you.
(07-02-2018, 04:07 PM)Captain Barry Wrote: Have you ever seen someone who's on synthetic drugs? They're practically immune to pain and completely out of their minds so they won't care for a tazer.

Yes, i have seen, not in real life, but many times on videos... Have U heard about Flakka? Thats really scary drug, and yes, people dont feel pain on this drug, but in example that i send to U guy is not on drugs, and i can send u more examples, but i see as u wont change ur mind.

Cheers,
I know about flakka too.
What I have explained to you is that we have to draw a line somewhere in order to make administration less complicated than it already is, otherwise we would be overwhelmed with issues that a high-realism environment brings. After all, this is a semi-realistic server so there are obviously going to be things that are 'unrealistic' in a sense.

I will be requesting an administrator to conclude unless you have anything else to add.
(07-02-2018, 08:05 PM)Captain Barry Wrote: I know about flakka too.
What I have explained to you is that we have to draw a line somewhere in order to make administration less complicated than it already is, otherwise we would be overwhelmed with issues that a high-realism environment brings. After all, this is a semi-realistic server so there are obviously going to be things that are 'unrealistic' in a sense.

I will be requesting an administrator to conclude unless you have anything else to add.

No, I dont have anything to add Barry, I'm happy as we said all what we wanted to say, and all its explained.   Nervous 

My ban is over. I will be more cautious next time. Thank U for trying to explain all things.

Cheers,
Denied.

As much as we'd like to be courageous enough in real life to not be afraid of a police tazer, Fearless RP is not real life. Fearless operates a semi-serious RP network with an emphasis on semi-serious, we'd like to remain as realistic as possible and allow people the freedoms to do what they wish but there has to be rules and regulations in check in order to stop thing descending into chaos.

3.5 You must follow FearRP by acting afraid of threatening situations that affect your own or accomplices' lives. To initiate FearRP have a weapon out and give out orders (text or voice).
3.5a You cannot attack or draw a weapon on a person who has a gun pointed at you (as well as a stun gun or melee weapon at striking distance).
3.5b You cannot run away from someone when they have you at gunpoint. However, if it is a taser and you are in a vehicle, then you may drive away.
3.5c If someone switches from a gun to any kind of restraints in order to detain you, FearRP still applies.

As stated in the FearRP section of the rules, a Tazer/Stungun is counted as a weapon and should be taken under FearRP if within striking distance. These are the rules we have in place on the network and we, unfortunately, cannot allow you to simply break these rules (FearRP) because it fits your background of being unafraid. If this were the case, anyone could argue "Oh, I'm not afraid of a knife, it's only a flesh wound"... "I'm not afraid of a gun, I have kevlar on"... etc. Rules need to be checked.

Thanks,
Narcotic