Unban Request
Your name: JackZ

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:95267893

Your ban ID: 80484

Banned by: Forgee

Reason: BRA - ‘Shooting without valid reason to do so’

Involved: Chumps, Rudy and myself.

Why we should unban you:

Firstly, I’d like to state that I have infringed no written rules and role played the entire situation out suiting them. This entire situation was a misunderstanding and I am wondering why my points weren’t questioned in the PR and looked into further, thus creating a fair conclusion. Everything I have said in the PR is completely true which is the reason why I haven’t been punished for lying in the courthouse: as I am simply not lying. If what I said was true, why have I been punished? Why wasn’t the report looked into more as a conclusion based on assumptions isn’t fair? Why was none of my statements of the situation questioned to reach an honest conclusion? It baffles me how this situation has been dealt with. I have been unfortunately punished for trying to get a car to stop by shooting it, after a dozen or so minutes of trying to get the car to stop in other ways such as hot pursuit, putting the driver under gunpoint (and he still didn’t listen to me), the driver had also ran over at least one person which I saw with my own eyes, so at that point the driver of the identical pink BMW was endangering the lives of citizens AFTER a hot pursuit so it was completely fine to shoot at that point. Now, to me shooting the wrong pink BMW, it was an accident that literally any member of the community would have made, the two BMW’s were quite literally identical, i have number plates disabled client side too so I couldn’t distinguish the two BMWs being different by their plates. Chumps and I discussed the mistake I made on a rooftop and we both came to the conclusion that it was an easy and honest mistake and he understood that what I did was against the rules and simply a misunderstanding similar to those that happen daily on FL.

You must understand that the fact a pink BMW was wanted is one of the most detrimental factors to this case. What happened was we were have been in hot pursuit of a pink BMW for a long time, however, we lost sight of the vehicle for a small amount of time (around a minute or so). After that, we had eyes on the vehicle and attempted pursuit it again (it only occurred to me a while after Chumps’ unfortunate death that it was the wrong vehicle as to my surprise there was two pink BMWs spawned at the time on the server and they were literally identical hot pink) and when the vehicle came to a slight halt for the final time, I hopped out of my vehicle and commanded the driver to exit. In theory, I could have shot the car as soon as I had eyes on again as my character had the knowledge that the BMW was driving in a way that endangered citizens to the point where he had ran at least one person over, and keeping in mind, this all was after a long hot pursuit. However, I kept violence as the last option just to be safe.

Unfortunately, as the re-sighting of the wanted vehicle occurred, there was no time whatsoever to use a spike strip which would have been my first option in this situation. Therefore, I decided to shoot the vehicle (remember we thought it was a different car as the two were INDISTINGUISHABLE from each other).

In conclusion, I did my job my attempting to put a driver down that was running people over and evading police breaking gunpoint for a good while. Violence was kept as the very last option. I could have opened fire earlier, however decided not to do so as I was giving the driver a chance. To my surprise, I was later punished for simply following the rules as safely as possible.

I hope this, again, clears up the situation and although the entire thing was a misunderstanding, I broke no rules and roleplayed the situation properly. Hopefully, you can take all my valid points from this UBR and understand that this situation was a large misunderstanding and literally anybody would have made the mistake I made, I was not trigger happy, I followed the rules of Hot Pursuit - As well as this, I also followed rules regarding shooting the car as I did use violence as the very, very last option, it’s terribly unfortunate that I mixed the two cars up.

Thank you very much for reading and taking my unban request in consideration.

- JackZ
First off I'd like to state that, I've started doing a lot more aggressive roleplay just to understand things behind it. I've learned its really easy to slip up while doing aggRP. to my knowledge I didn't know this individual would be banned for 1 year for such a mistake. Accidents do happen and i feel like he deserves a second chance.

Kind Regards, 
Chumps
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
(06-30-2018, 01:20 PM)Chumps Wrote:
First off I'd like to state that, I've started doing a lot more aggressive roleplay just to understand things behind it. I've learned its really easy to slip up while doing aggRP. to my knowledge I didn't know this individual would be banned for 1 year for such a mistake. Accidents do happen and i feel like he deserves a second chance.

Kind Regards, 
Chumps

Thank you for your reply,

I appreciate your understanding of the situation and how the mistake i made was incredibly easy to make from my point of view, I also appreciate that you understand i didn't actually break any rules in said situation and i followed all rules regarding engagement, however it's very unfortunate i had come across your vehicle that was as stated, identical to the other BMW and shot yours thinking it was the other BMW.

Have a nice day,

- JackZ

Note:
Me and Chumps talked on a roof after he had posted the PR and we both understood the misfortune of the situation and both realised that no rules were broken, a mistake simply occurred. Sparx  teleported us onto this roof so we could have this discussion.
Hi guys,

Just confirming that I did teleport Chumps & JackZ to a roof at the request of Jack. From what I remember, both parties came to the conclusion that the whole thing had been a misunderstanding & having listened to the situation, I personally agreed that it was an easy enough mistake to make.
Approved,

Closing notes: The user will be unbanned as we believe that the situation was not as severe as we once thought. However a 1 week blacklist from weapons will be issued instead.