Username: Aspire

Accused Staff Member: Barry

Involved Users:

Me, Barry, Dreebot, could be more to add later

Time/Date/Time Zone: 18/06/18

Abuse of Power or Rule Infringement:
Unprofessional Conduct - Unprofessional/aggressive comments

Explanation: 
He initially refused to see private evidence, then he blocks me when I reply to his message.
He then goes out and makes a really aggressive comment towards me.
The aggressive comment is highly unprofessional.
He condones the actions of some of the community towards me.
He also banned me for breaking Fear Rp, which he later admitted I never did despite him witnessing it all, this is added as it shows he is highly unprofessional.

He also had valid and compelling evidence that Jackz made an ooc comment to dreebot, calling him a gay vagina, but he chose to protect his friend for the following reason, "It would be unfair to assume that this was directed to you. Banning on an assumption is not fair.". 

"JackZ's story sounds genuine as I know him to be an 'aggressive' character when talking to people so I could see him saying that to someone in a discord server. That's just his personality. Now whether or not it was directed toward you or not Dreebott, it is hard to say. 
Knowing JackZ, he's smart enough to know insulting people in OOC on FL is one of the best methods to get banned so I doubt he'd do something like this.", showing his insane biased approach to prs when his friends are the ones accused.

Barry is show casing he is biased to certain members.
Evidence:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/3...nknown.png
I was thinking about making a report as well... here are my thoughts:

Knowing that Barry and JackZ are / were friends i feel like the PR (From me against JackZ) was concluded in his favour.
JackZ has been a dlck to many people this night yet no one choose to report him. When I made the PR multiple people messaged me via Steam and Discord that JackZ has been a dlck to them the night, wether it being by just saying bad words or by just randomly shooting others to collect weapons from them.
In my eyes, the videos i've shown made clear that JackZ was obviously talking to me as his mates were also very hostile towards me before it happened and after it. And just "Assuming" that JackZ is "smart enought to not insult people in OOC" isn't a reason to belive him when there is solid evidence against him. I feel like player reports against players shouldn't be concluded by the reported players friends but by someone else from the team.
This double standard you seem to have is extremely provocative. I have to say nothing to repeated personal attacks, attempts to manipulate how my actions are viewed and even depraved attempts to slander me in public. I will address you points summarily.

Manipulation of facts - You have in fact lied in the courthouse by stating that I blocked you with the intent to stop you from providing evidence. You could have provided that at any point during our conversation which spanned over the course of several days. At what point did I say I would not view your 'evidence'? I explained to you that it was an illogical concept of evidence that you wanted to provide, but at no point did I ever say I would not view it.
You yourself chose to withhold that evidence by not sending it when you had to opportunity to.

Aggressive Comments - In what way is my comment aggressive? Is that because I brought your morality into question? Your repeated provocative attitude towards the evidence, myself and others within the Fearless community is atrocious. Frankly I find it pathetic that you would attempt to make something look much more worse than it really is.

Condemning Abusive Behaviour - "And you wonder why people are taking the piss out of you?"
I called you out for your narcissistic attitude when communicating with myself and others. You only believe you are right and won't take no for an answer. For example, when you repeatedly called me out for being 'corrupt' in OOC chat on the server when I warned someone instead of banning them like you wanted. You didn't get your way with me so you tried to make me look bad to sway my decisions. In what way does my comment condemn abusive behaviour? I'd even go on to say that it does the opposite and encourages people to stand up to the narcissistic bullies within the community who use manipulation and intimidation to get their way.

FearRP - You claim my choice to ban you for FearRP was unprofessional. Let's have a look at the definition of 'unprofessional'.

Spoiler :
[Image: UnOlgQH.png]

'improper, unethical, unprincipled, unscrupulous, dishonourable, disreputable, unseemly, unbecoming, unbefitting, indecorous, unworthy, lax, negligent etc.

At which point have I been unethical? Dishonourable? Unseemly? Unworthy? Negligent?
You know for a fact that the reason FearRP was in your original ban statement was because of a mistake. How many times are you going to repeat it? I have admitted my mistake and asked for it to be removed from your ban reason and your ban reduced. I never tried to keep it pinned on you when faced with the discovery it was incorrect. But you on the other hand refuse to admit when you are wrong, and subsequently post reports and abuse cases on anyone who shows you when you are wrong.
You repeated use of it as 'evidence' to prove I am 'corrupt' or 'unprofessional' is proof that you will scratch and claw for any shred of success when fighting and you yourself have no right to accuse someone of being unprofessional when you barely show that to anyone in return.

JackZ's PR - As I explained in the PR, but it obviously isn't good enough for you so I'll say it again. Banning on an assumption is completely unfair in every way. How would you like it if you were banned because someone assumed you were insulting them, when it in fact had nothing to do with you at all?

Awaiting your reply,

Captain Barry
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]
Hello All,

To start Dreebot is completely involved, I did put could be more to add later, but DVN warned him.
He is detrimental to this case, unwarn him as he is my direct witness.

I have left your comments in bold.

Let's address some of your beautifully worded comments.

"Manipulation of facts - You have in fact lied in the courthouse by stating that I blocked you with the intent to stop you from providing evidence.".
You did block as you didn't want to see my evidence.  
"At what point did I say I would not view your 'evidence'?".
You knew it was personal evidence and yet you forced my hand to show it in public, so you 100% didn't want to see it, as you knew I wouldn't provide private evidence in public..
"You yourself chose to withhold that evidence by not sending it when you had to opportunity to.". your refusal forced my hand.

"Aggressive Comments - In what way is my comment aggressive? Is that because I brought your morality into question? Your repeated provocative attitude towards the evidence, myself and others within the Fearless community is atrocious. Frankly I find it pathetic that you would attempt to make something look much more worse than it really is."  
It is quite clearly an aggressive comment.

Condemning Abusive Behaviour - "And you wonder why people are taking the piss out of you?"
I called you out for your narcissistic attitude when communicating with myself and others. You only believe you are right and won't take no for an answer. For example, when you repeatedly called me out for being 'corrupt' in OOC chat on the server when I warned someone instead of banning them like you wanted. You didn't get your way with me so you tried to make me look bad to sway my decisions. In what way does my comment condemn abusive behaviour? I'd even go on to say that it does the opposite and encourages people to stand up to the narcissistic bullies within the community who use manipulation and intimidation to get their way.

So because you claim I was rude to you on the server you are abusive to someone you call a bully on the forums.
Show proof, you can't go around accusing me of being a narcissistic bully without clear proof, this is disrespect and I am incredibly offended by your accusations. If you don't show any proof then you are just a rude TA, who knows he has come to the end.

FearRP - You claim my choice to ban you for FearRP was unprofessional. Let's have a look at the definition of 'unprofessional'.

You certainly messed up with the Fear Rp, this 100% shows you just aren't capable.
Should have been obvious to you tbh.

But you on the other hand refuse to admit when you are wrong, and subsequently post reports and abuse cases on anyone who shows you when you are wrong.

You are saying I post all of these things, provide full evidence.

You repeated use of it as 'evidence' to prove I am 'corrupt' or 'unprofessional' is proof that you will scratch and claw for any shred of success when fighting and you yourself have no right to accuse someone of being unprofessional when you barely show that to anyone in return.

Barry you have shown everyone you let a personal issue cloud your judgement.

JackZ's PR - As I explained in the PR, but it obviously isn't good enough for you so I'll say it again. Banning on an assumption is completely unfair in every way. How would you like it if you were banned because someone assumed you were insulting them, when it in fact had nothing to do with you at all?

So Dreebot being called gay vagina or similar and you saying nah my mate jack would never do that is not biased?

Barry you are so corrupt it is so obvious.

The comment you made to me about people taking the piss out of me is well out of order, if this was a business you would be fired, there should be no chance of you getting administrator after the clear disrespect and disregard for the rules you have.

I want a formal apology from you for your comments Barry.

Waiting on dree bot to be unwarned so he can comment.

- Aspire
You continue to pretend to be offended in order to gain traction. Frankly I'm the one who should feel offended that I spend so much time addressing your issues only for you to throw them back at my face. I address every single one of your points in great detail and dedication, repeatedly, only to have you continue argue that I am 'corrupt'. Quite clearly it is yourself who has a corrupted mind when you refuse to listen to reason.
As such I do not believe I need to continue to reply to this as I have addressed your primary accusations in great detail, and see no way to improve upon them.
Should you however discovery any new compelling 'evidence' of my 'corruption' and not just more accusations, I will do my best to address it.

Captian Barry
DreeBott's comment restored.
Due to Dreebott's comment being restored, I feel that a new reply from myself is needed as there is someone involved now that has not had an official reply from myself.

Dreebott, I would like to point out something you said in your UBR.

Spoiler :
[Image: pVXpPMU.png]

Feeling like your are involved because you don't agree with my punishments is actually going against of the very examples of things that are not abuse in the Staff Report guidelines:

Example points that are not abuse:
Punishing you in various forms, even if you don't like the reason.*

The punishment I choose to hand out/not hand out, are not grounds for a Staff Report. As such, disagreeing with my choices of punishment is not sufficient reason to be involved with a Staff Report.
(06-18-2018, 09:51 PM)Captain Barry Wrote: Due to Dreebott's comment being restored, I feel that a new reply from myself is needed as there is someone involved now that has not had an official reply from myself.

Dreebott, I would like to point out something you said in your UBR.

Spoiler :
[Image: pVXpPMU.png]

Feeling like your are involved because you don't agree with my punishments is actually going against of the very examples of things that are not abuse in the Staff Report guidelines:

Example points that are not abuse:
Punishing you in various forms, even if you don't like the reason.*

The punishment I choose to hand out/not hand out, are not grounds for a Staff Report. As such, disagreeing with my choices of punishment is not sufficient reason to be involved with a Staff Report.

I'm not just involved because I feel the same way as Aspire when it comes to the unfair conclusion of the PR against JackZ but because the AA is based on my PR and I was about to make a report myself in a couple of days when i had enough time. No need to spam 2 AA's for the same reason with the same context just because someone made it first. (Read more: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...#pid762719)
So how is my reply going against the Staff report guidelines? I'm involved.

Also, this is abuse as you choose NOT to punish someone with clear evidence of him breaking rules, just because he said it was an accident. What if i walk around ingame, talk to someone OOC then walk away and call him a gay vagina, just so i can later say it was an accident because i was in discord with someone and get a friend to back me up just so i wont get punised?
I feel like this is abuse. I've even said after your first reply on the PR that you'll be the one denying the PR and you did.

Saying that this AA isn't vaild because "Punishing you in various forms, even if you dont like the reason" is no abuse is just dumb in my opinion. This AA isn't about someone being punised but more about you not punishing someone with vaild evidence because you're his friend.
First of all, thank you bringing this to our attention.

I have now spent the time to read through the case and have come to a verdict.

In regards to the comments made towards you, they can perhaps be seen as quite aggressive and therefore negligent of his position due to the fact that as staff members we are not only here to withhold the rules and stick to them ourselves, but also act as peace keepers so that we can make the community a safe place for everyone. In the future Barry should be advised not to speak about someones character in such a way, such as 'And you wonder why people are taking the piss out of you?'.

As for him blocking you due to him not wanting to receive any further evidence, from situations in the past and from the evidence already provided, conversations can be quite straining and so I do not believe it is fair to assume that he blocked you solely out of him not wanting to let you have the chance to explain yourself.

The FearRP ban was something that Barry brought to the attention of the entire team and so it is not fair to judge him alone on that as it was several staff members discussing the punishment, myself included. As members of the team we are expected to know the rules and have a fair way of punishing players however we deal with a lot of cases and sometimes make mistakes, hence why we have a UBR system in place.

With him assuming things about other players, from looking at your ban alone - we can see your head move even after being shot, this isn't just a one time thing. I am more than confident to back Barry's decision on this part. As for the JackZ case, I would argue that JackZ was attacking DreeBott directly as although Barry argued it was something JackZ was known for doing in character, from what you can make out in the coms he quite clearly references Dreebott's name before using explicit language (meaning it should be taken OOC as he is referring to his actual alias). The punishment is too old to be touched, however such 'picking and choosing' will be monitored throughout the rest of his trial and whether it has any correlation to any suspected relationships he has with certain players, as will the rest of the concerns I have stated are justified.

Case closed.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]