PR : JackZ
Name of player: JackZ

SteamIDSTEAM_0:1:95267893

Time in GMT: Earlier Today

Server: Pines

Summary: I was driving along suddenly a cop car drives into me for no apparent reason then there was a small time-frame to react i started stopping my car when i head " get out of the car " Then i just get blasted.

" 3.1a Violence should always be the last option."

Evidence:

I apologize about the profanity in the video.
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
Hey pal, Sorry about the Miscommunication.

Context:

We were chasing a Pink BMW that (had been stolen) for a while, and he had already broke FearRP on multiple occasions to us while we had attempted to get him to stop, so me, shooting in this occasion, WAS using violence as the last option.

I apologise for shooting you, but i was under the impression the BMW that was stolen was the one you were driving, they are literally identical.

'Rudy' was heard in the vehicle telling me to stop the car in-game to notify me it was the car we were chasing, as he was also under the impression it was the car that had been stolen that we were chasing.

I noticed you did say ' .. ? ' in OOC after i shot you and i was going to PM you after i realised i had shot the wrong person but i got sidetracked with the actual real vehicle that was spotted. - Apologies for not notifying you of the mistake, i should have remembered too.

I hope this clears up the situation for you Chumps, I had no sour intent.

- JackZ
From the video he was literally given 1 second from saying 'get out' to you shooting him... to me this is not a reasonable time at all. Not to mention in the video you can quite literally see that he has stopped the car just before his death at around 20 seconds. I also fail to see how it being stolen or not effects anything. I would like to add onto the rule infringement here:
3.1c As an officer do not shoot vehicles unless lives are at risk, hot pursuit should be the first option.
In the video you can see him actively avoid people in front of him and if anything the police are the ones driving recklessly - case in point at 12 seconds in. There also was a clear road in front of him.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
Unfortunately, there has been some sort of misunderstanding that occurred during the situation.

Divey, you must understand that the fact a pink BMW was wanted is one of the most detrimental factors to this case. What happened was we were have been in hot pursuit of a pink BMW for a long time, however, we lost sight of the vehicle for a dozen seconds or so. After that we had visuals of the vehicle again and attempted pursuit it again (it only occurred to me a while after Chumps’ unfortunate death that it was the wrong vehicle as to my surprise there was two pink BMWs at the time) and when the vehicle came to a halt for the final time, I hopped out of my vehicle and commanded the driver to exit.

Unfortunately, as the re-sighting of the wanted vehicle occurred, there was no time whatsoever to use a spike strip which would have been my first option in this situation. However, I decided to shoot the vehicle (remember we thought it was a different car as the two were INDISTINGUISHABLE from each other) You must remember that i had already attempted hot pursuit several times with the identical BMW, in which the person who had stolen it (The driver) had broken FearRP multiple times, i know for a fact that staff don't punish on FearRP unless they get evidence so i hesitated to send an @ call, This is the reason i shot at the Vehicle: I had already attempted hot pursuit for a number of times before my final decision to shoot as i felt the vehicle was endangering the lives of Civilians; Obviously i made the mistake of shooting at the wrong BMW, only because they are quite literally identical, I couldn't distinguish them by the Number Plates either, because i have them client side disabled.

In conclusion, the reason i shot is clear as day, and within reason however miscommunication has simply occurred after a very long pursuit and multiple attempts to stop what I thought at the time was the same vehicle. You are forgetting that in this precise situation my only intent was to stop a pink BMW however after many attempts to do so, I had to resort to shooting, I was forced to shoot - It was the last resort.

I hope this, again, clears up the situation and although the entire thing was a misunderstanding, I role played this entire situation out properly and to the best of my ability, It's just very unfortunate that Chumps' BMW just happened to look like that of the Stolen one we were pursuing for ages beforehand.
Accepted.
Moved