Get with the Pines
(06-15-2018, 06:11 PM)Grapefruit Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 06:09 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 06:07 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Wait Pollux you’re saying we’re never going to switch from Pines?

I suppose like most things it depends on how much pressure is put on the staff team (not saying people should) and how the staff feel about it.

lol I thought Pines was going to be a temporary thing that the community wanted for now because they were fed up with V5P.

The map vote was for a proper full-time replacement for v5P, pretty weird how many people voted considering most people I've spoken to have expressed their dislike for the map.
(06-15-2018, 06:13 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 06:11 PM)Grapefruit Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 06:09 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 06:07 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Wait Pollux you’re saying we’re never going to switch from Pines?

I suppose like most things it depends on how much pressure is put on the staff team (not saying people should) and how the staff feel about it.

lol I thought Pines was going to be a temporary thing that the community wanted for now because they were fed up with V5P.

The map vote was for a proper full-time replacement for v5P, pretty weird how many people voted considering most people I've spoken to have expressed their dislike for the map.

I’d say that half the people that I know personally that voted for Pines now regret it and highly dislike the map.

People say they don’t want to be switching from map to map; then find a map we can settle in. Pines isn’t even a day in and people that voted for it are litterely saying they made a mistake.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • Vimpto
(06-15-2018, 06:12 PM)Pollux Wrote:

Ideally no, as was said before the map vote by Divey. We do not want the server feel like it's in a constant beta state. Dupes are vital to fearless and us constantly switching prohibits people from making large scale ones. I believe people just need assurance they can work on large dupes and sell them as we are not going to switch again.

"constantly switching" as in once per year? I wouldn't really consider dupes a factor whatsoever. A map change also doesn't create a feeling of "being in a beta stage" as it offers a fresh experience. Just like Pines created a fresh experience for me when i drove around for 10 minutes followed by me leaving the server because I got bored.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • sebasti161
(06-15-2018, 06:15 PM)Yonno Wrote:

Ideally no, as was said before the map vote by Divey. We do not want the server feel like it's in a constant beta state. Dupes are vital to fearless and us constantly switching prohibits people from making large scale ones. I believe people just need assurance they can work on large dupes and sell them as we are not going to switch again.

"constantly switching" as in once per year? I wouldn't really consider dupes a factor whatsoever. A map change also doesn't create a feeling of "being in a beta stage" as it offers a fresh experience. Just like Pines created a fresh experience for me when i drove around for 10 minutes followed by me leaving the server because I got bored.

Its crazy how quickly people switched from "this is the best bet for a good map" to "what the fuck is this shit". Absolutely mental at which the speeds of the U-turn took place.
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • sebasti161
(06-15-2018, 06:23 PM)The Killroy Wrote:

Its crazy how quickly people switched from "this is the best bet for a good map" to "what the fuck is this shit". Absolutely mental at which the speeds of the U-turn took place.

I still believe the people not liking Pines are a vocal minority. If you don't like the map you're going to be a lot more vocal about it than the people who do. As a result it seems like many people dislike it but in reality it's only a few. Pines still won the vote and people were told to check the map throughout before voting, no reason why there should be any regret.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-15-2018, 06:26 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 06:23 PM)The Killroy Wrote:

I still believe the people not liking Pines are a vocal minority. If you don't like the map you're going to be a lot more vocal about it than the people who do. As a result it seems like many people dislike it but in reality it's only a few. Pines still won the vote and people were told to check the map throughout before voting, no reason why there should be any regret.

People simply cannot get the same vibe of playing on Fearless compared to roaming around on singleplayer or with a small group of people. It's not comparable. Many people stated that we should trial both V2D and Pines to get an optimal view of both maps. 

Only time will tell where this'll all go, but it's only been less than a day and it's already going in the wrong direction.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 3 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Kryptic, Vimpto, sebasti161
Don’t get me wrong, there are good features in the map. Well, two actually: that being the shops have shutters and all locations in the map are connected like V5P and unlike v2d. But that’s it. Shutters and roads.

Even the roads are far to long. Everything is far apart and stretching making each part of the map have an isolated feel to it. Even the city somehow manages to have said isolation and I have only seen a couple of interactions take place even when there was 50+ players online.

Don’t even get me started on the ‘Nexus’ which hardly even qualifies as an office, the apartments that look like shacks found in a village in Yemen and the lake with not a cabin in sight.

The map has absolutely no personality whatsoever. It is completely boring and I hate to be the guy who says this but quite frankly I can easily see this being the map FL dies on, as if things aren’t bad enough already.

I have a pretty strong feeling that another thread will be put up, similar to the one I made which unfortunately resulted in the choosing of Pines as the ‘perfect’ map for FL to have; which has been ludicrously said by multiple users.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 6 users Like Grape's post:
  • Kryptic, Dimitris, Vimpto, konsta, Willem de Walrus, Envy
Not to be negative.

But there is no way this map is a similar size to v2d like certain people said. 51 Players - Seeing a user every 30seconds - 1minute even in the city. It also takes forever to run / jog around the map to the place you crashed (took me 9minutes to run around the whole circuit. I don't personally find any features appealing in the map.

Trucks cannot fit under the motorway tunnel, they just get stuck. Map is way to large (Don't use your argument its similar size to v2d its really not. Definately didn't take me 9minutes to run to Corleone Estate and back to cit again on v2d). Player interaction is lower than when I last joined v5p. I could go on but I'm not going to.
[Image: 1717-E37-A-98-BA-4-EEF-B9-B5-9800-D3-B90-A00.jpg]
(06-15-2018, 07:56 PM)Vimpto Wrote: Not to be negative.

But there is no way this map is a similar size to v2d like certain people said. 51 Players - Seeing a user every 30seconds - 1minute even in the city. It also takes forever to run / jog around the map to the place you crashed (took me 9minutes to run around the whole circuit. I don't personally find any features appealing in the map.

Trucks cannot fit under the motorway tunnel, they just get stuck. Map is way to large (Don't use your argument its similar size to v2d its really not. Definately didn't take me 9minutes to run to Corleone Estate and back to cit again on v2d). Player interaction is lower than when I last joined v5p. I could go on but I'm not going to.

What trucks with what trailers? Did you test it or are you just assuming?
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-15-2018, 07:58 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 07:56 PM)Vimpto Wrote: Not to be negative.

What trucks with what trailers? Did you test it or are you just assuming?
Going off a few complaints in the OOC chat

EDIT: Just saw a Kenworth with a single axe box trailer sliding all over the place in the tunnel from the trailer scraping the roof
[Image: 1717-E37-A-98-BA-4-EEF-B9-B5-9800-D3-B90-A00.jpg]