Get with the Pines
(06-15-2018, 09:14 AM)sebasti161 Wrote: would have been better to release it today rather than an hour after most people got bored and left

That was the original plan but people all thought the pines release was yesterday, due to the hype we were kinda forced to rush it out yesterday. I guess it also lets people build dupes for today though so it's not too bad, we had 61 people on at midnight so I wouldn't say "most" people left at all, we only lost around 10.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-15-2018, 09:16 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 09:14 AM)sebasti161 Wrote: would have been better to release it today rather than an hour after most people got bored and left

That was the original plan but people all thought the pines release was yesterday, due to the hype we were kinda forced to rush it out yesterday. I guess it also lets people build dupes for today though so it's not too bad, we had 61 people on at midnight so I wouldn't say "most" people left at all, we only lost around 10.

Nah its all good. Pines is the future
Interesting decision, hope it all goes well! Smile

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

(06-15-2018, 12:20 PM)rand0m0mg Wrote:

If by future you mean until about February of next year then yes.
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • rand0m0mg
(06-15-2018, 05:44 PM)The Killroy Wrote:

We're definitely not switching again as the server shouldn't be in a constant testing phase. We also cannot work on large updates if we know we will have to switch map later (it's a pain to transfer stuff like the delivery system and property system and they were made to not be too reliant on the map).

I would just get used to pines rather than hoping for another switch, as that isn't happening.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(06-15-2018, 05:58 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 05:44 PM)The Killroy Wrote:

We're definitely not switching again as the server shouldn't be in a constant testing phase. We also cannot work on large updates if we know we will have to switch map later (it's a pain to transfer stuff like the delivery system and property system and they were made to not be too reliant on the map).

I would just get used to pines rather than hoping for another switch, as that isn't happening.

A true shame, I know personally I won't be playing as much when I get unbanned and won't invest money in the server but I suppose there are some people who enjoy it and spend their time on it so not much can be done on my part. Probably do my Art ExhibitRP and depending on how many come to it may continue or just take a break until something happens of interest. Good luck with everything.
Wait Pollux you’re saying we’re never going to switch from Pines?
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • Pollux
(06-15-2018, 06:07 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Wait Pollux you’re saying we’re never going to switch from Pines?

I suppose like most things it depends on how much pressure is put on the staff team (not saying people should) and how the staff feel about it.
(06-15-2018, 06:09 PM)The Killroy Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 06:07 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: Wait Pollux you’re saying we’re never going to switch from Pines?

I suppose like most things it depends on how much pressure is put on the staff team (not saying people should) and how the staff feel about it.

lol I thought Pines was going to be a temporary thing that the community wanted for now because they were fed up with V5P.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]

Ideally no, as was said before the map vote by Divey. We do not want the server feel like it's in a constant beta state. Dupes are vital to fearless and us constantly switching prohibits people from making large scale ones. I believe people just need assurance they can work on large dupes and sell them as we are not going to switch again.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork