'Official' clans
I like these threads because they remind me of prime ministers questions.
The following 1 user Likes juicyorange's post:
  • Lewwings
(05-31-2018, 09:48 PM)Joe Joe Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 09:29 PM)Baskingner Wrote: -Snip-

Its because sadly not all Clans deserve or work for the title. Its not just a hand out cause we think FL is dying scenario. Its a reward. Older guidelines were not effectively used and therefore a newer system came into place where it is a reward for exceptional clans, not a "You've met the requirements" situation. However as stated we are open to others ideas and therefore discussing them here is a good idea.

A reward used too scarecely then. Are there no exceptional clans at the moment? If thats the case the standards are too high or something is going very wrong in the clan world. Fultz presented another idea and that seemed like a good idea. Why was it decided that clans needed to be exceptional to be official, and with what reasoning?

Regarding these older guidelines, i have been here for almost 4 years, i have never seen them.
Statistics don't show any sort of truth. Anyone could make a nice looking thread and ask all their friends to join it. What matters is that they are active in game for a decent amount of time showing at least some level of RP.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 5 users Like Divey's post:
  • Joe Joe, Pollux, DVN, Spartan_KCT, Blurr
(05-31-2018, 10:21 PM)Divey Wrote: Statistics don't show any sort of truth. Anyone could make a nice looking thread and ask all their friends to join it. What matters is that they are active in game for a decent amount of time showing at least some level of RP.

What is the basis of that though? Those strokes are insanely broad. How long is a decent amount of time? What is at least some level of rp. If we want to keep this current system, we should put those terms into more specific amounts.
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Baskingner, Archer
(05-31-2018, 10:21 PM)Divey Wrote: Statistics don't show any sort of truth. Anyone could make a nice looking thread and ask all their friends to join it. What matters is that they are active in game for a decent amount of time showing at least some level of RP.

This comment raises a few questions though.
Why would anyone create a big, good looking thread, invite his friends and then become inactive just to get the official tag? No one right? And even if they do, who cares? If the clan is deemed inactive the tag can be taken away just as easily?

Your argument seems to resolve around 'protecting quality'. You can still protect the quality of good clans if you create clear guidelines on how to become an [official] clan. Like Fultz said, what does 'at least showing some level of RP'? I can list a few clans who are active, have been around for a 'decent amount of time' but are not official. 

Can we get some information in how the team or clan officers decide to make a clan official? Surely there must be some sort of guideline for them.
We look out for clans that engage in regular, unique roleplays that expand their backstory and follow suit for the era and genre of that clan.

To become an Official clan means you have been recognised for outstanding roleplay, construct and on-going conduct you have maintained long enough to make an impact on FL.

Being Unofficial simply means that the clan is new and working it's way up towards being official, but this is solely in the hands of the clan itself. You seem to be very opinionated and try to speak for the majority of the server when you say the Unofficial tags make clans look like 'a bunch of noobs' etc. because that's not the way we intend to display it.

The Official clan benefits are still being worked on and will grow further on top of what we already have, a major benefit system that can be obtained through outstanding work.

We're sorry you feel like we're not giving this rank out enough, but we don't just hand it out for every Tom, Dick and Harry. To promote an Official clan it takes time for bespoke setup on the forums and in future will take more time with the benefits we plan to introduce.

We're always on the lookout for Official clans, the reason there is none now is because none simply meet the cut. We don't have specific numbered requirements either, we keep this broad to ensure we can cover all types of roleplay and clan activities.

Be active, be unique, make an impact. We shouldn't have to baby you through each step with specific numbers and requirements, you know what it means to be a good clan.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Joe Joe, Pollux
(06-01-2018, 04:45 PM)DVN Wrote: We look out for clans that engage in regular, unique roleplays that expand their backstory and follow suit for the era and genre of that clan.

To become an Official clan means you have been recognised for outstanding roleplay, construct and on-going conduct you have maintained long enough to make an impact on FL.

Being Unofficial simply means that the clan is new and working it's way up towards being official, but this is solely in the hands of the clan itself. You seem to be very opinionated and try to speak for the majority of the server when you say the Unofficial tags make clans look like 'a bunch of noobs' etc. because that's not the way we intend to display it.

The Official clan benefits are still being worked on and will grow further on top of what we already have, a major benefit system that can be obtained through outstanding work.

We're sorry you feel like we're not giving this rank out enough, but we don't just hand it out for every Tom, willy and Harry. To promote an Official clan it takes time for bespoke setup on the forums and in future will take more time with the benefits we plan to introduce.

We're always on the lookout for Official clans, the reason there is none now is because none simply meet the cut. We don't have specific numbered requirements either, we keep this broad to ensure we can cover all types of roleplay and clan activities.

Be active, be unique, make an impact. We shouldn't have to baby you through each step with specific numbers and requirements, you know what it means to be a good clan.

As a master of the clan space, I get what you are saying. But lemme counter with this.

I believe the requirements for an official clan is insanely high. You can see that pretty in the fact there is right now zero official clans. There needs to be changes to the system because what he is saying with it being "nooby" is it just feels like the odds are not in your favor so there is no real point.

Two things could fix this.

1. Do my requirements for official in my post earlier in this thread.

2. Make your requirements lower. 

Idea one is better btw because it's easier to take away official than it is to give btw
(05-31-2018, 09:29 PM)Fultz Wrote: Two easy ways to get an official clan.

1. Be a passive clan
2. Have staff in your clan

If you do not meet either of those criteria, the odds of gaining the official status is very low. Whenever Rickets and I created Ace. It took us a very long time to receive official status. That included us showing presence on the server every day and posting actively on the forums.

Truthfully the official clan status should be handed out whenever a base level is reached. Example being having a nice looking clan page, having 5+ people, and not minging. At that point it should be treated as the clan officers can remove your official clan status for breaking those following terms. And lastly, I have always believed official clans should be able to receive clan specific skins.

This would encourage clan growth as well as clan interaction. As of right now clans are stale and need a revamp similar to this.

Took us, Peaky Blinders 4 months, and I also asked James if he could bring the flat cap as it resembles the Peaky style, and he did that. But during those months, what made this stand out is that every person within the Peaky Blinders had their character stand out, not only for Clan RP, but in general. So if there was none clan rp ongoing, there would still be Peaky Blinders on the server doing the job.

That was incredible to lead, hopefully building it up again to experience new memories with new plans.
The following 5 users Like Kevin's post:
  • Santaliz, Spartan_KCT, Ratatoskrr, Byra, DVN
(06-01-2018, 04:45 PM)DVN Wrote: We look out for clans that engage in regular, unique roleplays that expand their backstory and follow suit for the era and genre of that clan.

We're sorry you feel like we're not giving this rank out enough, but we don't just hand it out for every Tom, willy and Harry. To promote an Official clan it takes time for bespoke setup on the forums and in future will take more time with the benefits we plan to introduce.

Yes, ive heard your definition of an official clan. I know you have to 'stand out' and show 'exceptional' roleplay etc etc etc, but thats the entire point of my complaint. The standards or measurements for an official clan are extremely vague and hardly mean anything. Im a bit surprised how youve chosen to answer these questions, acting like they are out of nowhere and completely unjustified.

Please explain to me what is wrong with the following guidelines and how they exclude roleplays or clan activities, or why they wouldnt work.

Clans that can apply for an official status:
- At least 10 members (can be changed to any number deemed necessery)
- A rich backstory written on the clanpage, telling the history and creation of the clan (if possible)
- A good looking IC clan thread where people can learn about the clan and apply.
- An active playerbase, the clan must been seen on the servers on a weekly basis, not necessarily doing a clan RP.
- A lifespan of at least 4 months, an official clan must have high standards for an extended period of time.

I understand that you want to keep the requirements broad to prevent exclusion of any clan but the current system is straight up broken in my opinion. Im not asking you to hold my hand, im asking you to properly inform people of the standards youre holding them to. I really dont see the point in keeping them hidden, they can still be broad, be ten times as clear and made public without compromising the points you have just mentioned.

And im not trying to speak for the community, implying that while giving PR answers like:
Quote:'We're always on the lookout for Official clans, the reason there is none now is because none simply meet the cut. We don't have specific numbered requirements either, we keep this broad to ensure we can cover all types of roleplay and clan activities.'

is something you wouldnt have accepted when you were a normal member DVN, so please, get of your high horse.
That's not a 'PR answer' we are on the lookout for new clans why do you think me & Joe Joe have this rank?

I would definitely accept that answer since it's exactly what we're doing every day. If we see someone worthy of Official status they will get it. I understand your complaints and I believe we do need to give more clans the opportunity, something me and Joe Joe have spoke about recently. You should start to see a lot more Official clans very soon as long as they stay active and keep up the good work.