Roleplay Points
Sup guys just wan't to give some insight on what i think should be changed surrounding the issue of Roleplay Points.

(Take this thread and notes that come with it as an Educated Opinion from an ex-teacher from the Golden Age of fearless).

So, without further ado:

One thing i believe should start to happen again is for staff to look more at possibilities for giving people RPP, I remember way back when if a Staff Member was in an injured state and a Paramedic came over and did a good little First Responders RP or something along the lines of that, they would get a point from that staff member, Great and Proper RP should have a chance of resulting in earning a point, It makes the server more exciting to play with the chance of earning a point.

As well as this, the so called 'guideline' where people with high RPP should not be awarded points for 'Average' roleplays such as for example a Restaurant is quite frankly atrocious, It completely removes the aspect of earning rewards for doing a good, but simple stress free Passive RP for people with high points - Which results in the people with high roleplay points not roleplaying and not setting an example for new players, This ultimately results in new people not learning how to do these types of roleplays which renders them unable to earn RPP and have fun in these RP's.

One thing i always looked for as a Teacher when giving points to Passive Roleplays is 'Are they having fun' if i can genuinely see that they're not just sat in a dupe typing /me and /it to get a point and are actually having fun in the RP and are making it lively for the customer as well as the RP being great and proper, then i gave them a point.

Anyway, these are just some ideas. Please do not argue, simply discuss. Feel free to show your love for any thing i have suggested here and hopefully some change could occur.
looking at the RPP logs I have not seen an RPP given to any government police RP in about half a year maybe.
The following 6 users Like juicyorange's post:
  • JackZ, Byra, Pollux, Eclipze, Falcon, Spartan_KCT
(05-31-2018, 11:40 AM)juicyorange Wrote: looking at the RPP logs I have not seen an RPP given to any government police RP in about half a year maybe.

I've seen very, very few.

You're right in implying that these types of RP's are conducted very well sometimes and do deserve a point.
The following 2 users Like JackZ's post:
  • juicyorange, Archer
More notes to add:
-Unconventional RP goes un noticed because people don't look outside the box when giving RPP.

I'm going to use an example of a player named 'Lt.Keegan' - I have personally never Out-of-Character interacted with this player nor is he my friend, however i see this geezer roleplaying as a Paramedic about once a week for around 2 hours straight constnatly doing amazing roleplay with a mature attitude, I have never seen anybody do it like him. Yet he has never been awarded for such roleplay, He only has something like 59 hours as well.

People should always be thinking about who deserves RPP, not just people who quite frankly 'asslick' people in order to get on their good side so their favoured when roleplaying to get a point.
The following 9 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Vimpto, Envy, juicyorange, Lewwings, Eclipze, Falcon, mintblackbeard, Spartan_KCT, Wolven
(05-31-2018, 11:26 AM)JackZ Wrote: As well as this, the so called 'guideline' where people with high RPP should not be awarded points for 'Average' roleplays such as for example a Restaurant is quite frankly atrocious, It completely removes the aspect of earning rewards for doing a good, but simple stress free Passive RP for people with high points 

I enjoy small simple RP's that I can do by myself and this is pretty much just off-putting. I put in a lot of time and effort in my builds only to be shut down by a lack of interaction of players and I end up half-assing it because why bother? Don't get me wrong I don't roleplay just for the points but I like that there is a little token at the end of it, a pad on the shoulder saying "hey good work" Other players will of course see this and start roleplaying themself, interactions will go up because they know they have a chance of getting a RPP, or simply just wanna see this RP that just got awarded.
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]
The following 5 users Like Decay's post:
  • Envy, JackZ, juicyorange, Eclipze, Falcon
(05-31-2018, 05:10 PM)Decay Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 11:26 AM)JackZ Wrote: As well as this, the so called 'guideline' where people with high RPP should not be awarded points for 'Average' roleplays such as for example a Restaurant is quite frankly atrocious, It completely removes the aspect of earning rewards for doing a good, but simple stress free Passive RP for people with high points 

I enjoy small simple RP's that I can do by myself and this is pretty much just off-putting. I put in a lot of time and effort in my builds only to be shut down by a lack of interaction of players and I end up half-assing it because why bother? Don't get me wrong I don't roleplay just for the points but I like that there is a little token at the end of it, a pad on the shoulder saying "hey good work" Other players will of course see this and start roleplaying themself, interactions will go up because they know they have a chance of getting a RPP, or simply just wanna see this RP that just got awarded.

Totally agree and you've given some good examples, Cheers mate.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Decay
(05-31-2018, 01:54 PM)JackZ Wrote: More notes to add:
-Unconventional RP goes un noticed because people don't look outside the box when giving RPP.

I'm going to use an example of a player named 'Lt.Keegan' - I have personally never Out-of-Character interacted with this player nor is he my friend, however i see this geezer roleplaying as a Paramedic about once a week for around 2 hours straight constnatly doing amazing roleplay with a mature attitude, I have never seen anybody do it like him. Yet he has never been awarded for such roleplay, He only has something like 59 hours as well.

People should always be thinking about who deserves RPP, not just people who quite frankly 'asslick' people in order to get on their good side so their favoured when roleplaying to get a point.

I agree, I think he very much deserves and RPP as he is a fantastic roleplayer and member of the community.
The following 1 user Likes juicyorange's post:
  • Falcon
I think when it comes to RPP, staff and teachers are hidden in their small bubble, only seeing their closest friends' RPs, hence why it is limited to a certain group of players to get RPP, just check the RPP list, you'll see the same type of people pop up every time
The following 4 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • Falcon, Archer, juicyorange, Ratatoskrr
(05-31-2018, 06:21 PM)Greed^ Wrote: I think when it comes to RPP, staff and  teachers are hidden in their small bubble, only seeing their closest friends' RPs, hence why it is limited to a certain group of players to get RPP, just check the RPP list, you'll see the same type of people pop up every time

Exactly that. Most staff just hangs around in their clique
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 1 user Likes Archer's post:
  • Lewwings
It's a little unfair that you're targeting the staff for only giving it to their friends because that's just straight up not the case, although it may happen rarely from time to time. The main problem is the system and guidelines revolving awarding players with RPP, Not the people that give them.