the swastika
(05-25-2018, 05:02 PM)fieldy Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 04:55 PM)Jan Wrote: Yes it is offensive as it’s a symbol for hate.

"The swastika is a geometrical figure and an ancient religious icon used commonly in the Indian subcontinent, East Asia and Southeast Asia, where it has been and remains a sacred symbol of spiritual principles in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism."

The swastika itself has been used for numerous of reasons. However, since after WW2 it has been looked down upon.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
This thread is literally just going to be the cause of a huge argument.

Anyway, In no way does a Swastika offend me, but i can see how it would offend others.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
(05-25-2018, 05:35 PM)JackZ Wrote: This thread is literally just going to be the cause of a huge argument.

Anyway, In no way does a Swastika offend me, but i can see how it would offend others.

I'm offended that your not offended.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-25-2018, 04:37 PM)Marty Wrote: Showing a swastika is essentially showing support for Hitler & The Nazi Party and all the dirty deeds they did

hey i already do that
The following 2 users Like sebasti161's post:
  • Emil, juicyorange
The swastika in the context of WW2/Nazi Germany is considered a hate/inappropriate symbol, but of course, there are other contexts for the symbol. 
It is well known that Hitler wasn't the first person to use a swastika. It has been used through the ages. For example, Finland used it since the independence and some military branches still use a swastika. Nazi Germany pretty much ruined this very popular historical symbol.
Depends entirely on the context and which swastika it's referring to. A Nazi meme might be inappropriate, but in a serious context, it can be fine. But when it comes to the server, I would stray away from swastikas. If you think it might be appropriate, you can always ask a staff member.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
(05-25-2018, 05:29 PM)Archer Wrote:

"The swastika is a geometrical figure and an ancient religious icon used commonly in the Indian subcontinent, East Asia and Southeast Asia, where it has been and remains a sacred symbol of spiritual principles in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism."

yet it was used by Nazis, its origins do not matter

hugo boss made nazi uniforms but do we look at him as a killer?
(05-25-2018, 06:57 PM)fieldy Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 05:29 PM)Archer Wrote:

yet it was used by Nazis, its origins do not matter

hugo boss made nazi uniforms but do we look at him as a killer?

Yes
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • mgdwszx, juicyorange
All the jews I know joke about hitler, nazis etc, the only offended people are always middle class british/american white kids lol

In my eyes, those people are the real racists, as they feel they get to decide what minorities should be offended by or not
(05-25-2018, 07:24 PM)Greed^ Wrote: All the jews I know joke about hitler, nazis etc, the only offended people are always middle class british/american white kids lol

In my eyes, those people are the real racists, as they feel they get to decide what minorities should be offended by or not

Jews are minorities?

In what context are Jews minorities, they are clearly not in Israel for example.

Jews were not the only ones to die in WW2 so every person from every country that participated has a right to this discussion. You are the racist here by implying only Jews can participate in the discussion because apparently only Jews suffered according to you.
The following 1 user Likes juicyorange's post:
  • mgdwszx
(05-25-2018, 07:24 PM)Greed^ Wrote: All the jews I know joke about hitler, nazis etc, the only offended people are always middle class british/american white kids lol

The Jews were not the only victims of the Second World War. Two of my relatives died on Sword beach, fighting Nazis. If I want to get offended over a symbol that represents their killers, then I will you f ucking cretin.
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
The following 1 user Likes mgdwszx's post:
  • juicyorange