Report: Dimitris
Name of player: Dimitris#freeperqe#RIPFL

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:127839448

Time in GMT: 18/05/2018, 10:51:59 PM

Server: V5P

Summary: Dimitris placed a base at slums which made the slums corridors smaller, this is in violation of rule 10.2 - Doomforts are not allowed, there must be a fair chance of victory for the attackers (keypads must have cover provided, corridors must fit two people - slums corridor cannot be made smaller).

Evidencehttps://i.imgur.com/DIvLkpe.jpg
[Image: hyPcnFC.png]
Good afternoon, Rookie.

The base shown in the picture does not break any of the doomfort rules as the 'corridor' that you are refering to is actually not a corridor, but a doorway between the two rooms of Slums Apartments (as it takes up a very small amount of space (1 PHX)). The base was also built by Grapefruit and approved by administrators Narcotic, Exotic and even Kevin Ramsey when he was an admin. In no way does the base shown above break any rules, proven by the fact it was approved by two administrators.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Dimitris.
Hello, Rookie. Just to clarify, I am posting since not only did I build the base, but Dimitris mentioned me in the reply above.

The base you have reported to be a 'doomfort' in no way breaks any rules. In fact, the base was made especially after the revamped rules were put in place so that this situation would not occur. However, to my surprise, you believe that this breaks any rules. The rule you have quoted states that corridors must fit two people, yet what you are reporting is a doorway, not a corridor. The doorway was built to section off the two rooms in Slums Apartments. It is too short to be a corridor and I am very surprised that you believe that it is. The base does not infringe any rules by any means.

I cannot stress the fact that the base was approved by three different administrators; Kevin Ramsey before he retired, Narcotic, and Exotic. Not once was this base disapproved. Actually, I believe that one of the approving-administrators was online during the time you screen-shotting the base.

Thank you and have a nice day,
Grapefruit.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
Don't exactly know how you don't classify that area as a corridor or as a tight hallway. Whether 1 or 20 administrators have seen it doesn't seem at all relevant to the case that it does, in my opinion, give you an unfair advantage which makes it unlikely for an attacker to win. This could be seen during one of the raids in which you used the tight corridor to trap two officers before gunning them down, if two officers can fit in the small space, in a column, then I don't really see how it could be anything other than a corridor.

Thank you for taking the time to reply however, I do not feel your replies do anything other than try to excuse yourselves from rule breaking by trying to abuse loopholes in the rules, this is explained in the disclaimer of the rules "It's impossible to cover every single detail within the rules, so we expect you to use your common sense and not do questionable things or search for loopholes." I think anyone looking at the base and using their commonsense would define that space as a corridor, that only fits one man, which has reduced the size of the slums corridor, making your base a doomfort as it gives an unfair advantage top the defender. Whether or not this is true is up to an administrator but I feel that this base is designed in a similar fashion to other bases which use loopholes in the rules and grey areas to exist and do not give a fair chance of victory to the attacker.
Hello again, Rookie.

I understand where you are coming from however you have quite clearly lied here in the courthouse. The 'corridor' you are referring to is 1PHX units wide, meaning that only one person can be in that space at a time. In no way is it a corridor; it is simply a doorway that segregates the two rooms in the Slums Apartments from each other. You said, and I quote: ''if two officers can fit in the small space, in a column, then I don't really see how it could be anything other than a corridor.'' Well, you are wrong. Only one person can fit through the 1PHX space since it is a doorway; not a corridor. The doorway was designed to segregate the two different rooms in the corridor, only one person can stand inside the doorway at once, hence not making it a corridor. I would understand your argument if the prop was 2PHX or larger, which would fit more that one person inside. Then yes, it would be a corridor. However, since only one person can fit inside a 1PHX prop then logically it's a doorway segregating the two rooms inside the apartments.

You also said, and I quote: ''It's impossible to cover every single detail within the rules.'' And yes, you are right. This is why we have called multiple administrators that know and enforce the rules to verify that the base was built and used within the rules. Each time we have done so, the administrator approved the base since not only does it follow each and every rule, but is a doorway and not a corridor.

Not only does the base follow every rule and has been approved by three different administrators, but it has been successfully raided multiple times. Since you are the one saying to use common sense so much, you should be equipped with the knowledge that a base that is raidable, does not break any rules and have been approved by multiple administrators on multiple occasions is not a doomfort. You should use your logic every now and then to realize this.

Have a nice day.
Grapefruit.

EDIT: I will not be posting a reply again unless an administrator requests so since I have posted all of my valid points that prove that the base is not a doomfort, has been approved by multiple administrators, it is raidable and also breaks no rules. To think this is a doomfort is ludicrous and illogical. The base breaks no specific rules as the 'space' you are referring to is a doorway and the entire base has been approved multiple times.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
Right, I think you're misunderstanding me when I say to use commonsense, I'm not suggesting you don't have commonsense, I'm simply suggesting the base ignores the rule around it. I didn't intend to insult or offend you. As for being raidable, anything can be raided but it doesn't mean it's not a doomfort. I don't intend to lie but I'm pretty sure two people can get in the area if they're both at opposite ends. Either way, it reduces the width of the slums corridor and by extension the movement, which gives an unfair advantage to the defender. It would be a doorway if it didn't have a giant-ass block placed sideways along it giving an increased width, which shouldn't be necessary if it really is a doorway. As I stated, I don't particularly care if 20 admins had cleared it, I believe it is a doomfort and that's is why the report is here, if the admins do continue to agree with you then you don't need to worry. Smile

Again, I apologize if I insulted or offended you, I didn't intend it as a personal attack just as a statement about the base.
Hello Rookie.
Before I conclude this report, I think it would be useful to show you why that base is built the way it is. I use the same style of doorway/cover hybrid and I have found it to be both fair and in line with the rules.

The purpose of the short length-ways prop is actually to give you, the attacker, an increased chance of success.

[Image: TFxCGPV.png]

As you can see, the purpose of this prop is to provide you with cover while you are doing a task such as keypad cracking or breaching. Without it, the defender would have line-of-sight on you and would most likely continue to fire.

Even if the door was simply one source unit deep, you would still be forced to walk in a straight line for a few feet until your player-model clears the prop's influence and you can move side to side again.

Put simply, this doorway is almost no more advantageous than any other doorway on the map.
I would even go as to say it is safer to breach than most other doors, because you can see if a defender is hiding behind it by looking around the corner though the firing hole. Most other doors you have to run in blind.

As mentioned previously, this style of base has been approved my multiple administrators in the past and I for one share their opinion on it.

Thank you for your patience.

Denied.
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]
Moved.