Poll: What map would you want to see on FL?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Evocity2_v5p
2.63%
2 2.63%
Rp_Evocity_Sexy_v3
19.74%
15 19.74%
Evocity_v2d
21.05%
16 21.05%
Pines City
51.32%
39 51.32%
Chaos City
2.63%
2 2.63%
Undecided/It doesn't bother me.
2.63%
2 2.63%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Unofficial] The Next FL Map?
(05-05-2018, 08:57 PM)Create Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 08:54 PM)Pollux Wrote: For those who are unsure about the performance on pines city, the creator has given a small benchmark of his own of what to expect:

Quote:Setup:
Processor: Intel I3-3240, 3.40GHz, 4CPUs
RAM: 8192 MB
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1050, 1506 MHz, 2 Go

In game settings:
Resolution: 1920x1080
Model detail: High
Texture detail: Very High
Shader detail: High
Water detail: Reflect all
Shadow detail: High
Antialiasing mode: None
Filtering mode: Anisotropic 16x
Multicore Rendering: Enabled
High Dynamic Range: Full

Framerate:
Town center: ~70 fps
Industrial: ~100 fps

And that is with all FL Content, 70+ Players and Vehicles? Cheese

Of course not as I don't have a copy of the gamemode on hand - however the most i'd expect is around -20fps, which makes it still a lot better than what we currently have.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-05-2018, 08:56 PM)sebasti161 Wrote: honestly evocity "sexy" looks fucking disgusting and i would not play on fl if it was ever changed to that

I mean V2D looks horrible to begin with, I think it does the best it can at making it look somewhat decent.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
V2D is too old in my oppinion, the V2D "sexy" map is too bland, it's just too outdated.

Today i checked out Pines City and i personally think this is a very good candidate, i really like the fact that the map goes in a loop, and it has a separate grass field perfect for events.

Overal i agree with Arny's pros.
[Image: T3EIiMz.png]
The following 6 users Like RockDead69's post:
  • Luna, Pollux, Vegas_, Joe Joe, Wolven, Iraqi Eagle
(05-05-2018, 08:59 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 08:56 PM)sebasti161 Wrote: honestly evocity "sexy" looks freaking disgusting and i would not play on fl if it was ever changed to that

I mean V2D looks horrible to begin with, I think it does the best it can at making it look somewhat decent.

v2d looks much better than your "sexy" evocity
Yes let’s add an even bigger map then v5p, so that every 10 minutes you will have a small chance of seeing one player, we wouldn’t want too much interaction or people roleplaying with eachother out of nowhere now would we?
The following 7 users Like Jan's post:
  • CorieTheNub, Grape, Eclipze, Blurr, sebasti161, Co0FiE, Iraqi Eagle
(05-06-2018, 08:53 AM)Jan Wrote: Yes let’s add an even bigger map then v5p, so that every 10 minutes you will have a small chance of seeing one player, we wouldn’t want too much interaction or people roleplaying with eachother out of nowhere now would we?

This ^ 100%

You drive out the city on v5p. You hardly see anyone. Why does everyone want a map that’s so spread out. It’s so hard to role play on bigger maps with less people. If we had idk two servers with an average of 125 - 150 players then yes I reckon I bigger map would work. Have you Guys ever gone on the databases and looked at the property bit on a full server? Hardly anyone buys. They are just rp in the city because that is where everyone is.
The following 2 users Like CorieTheNub's post:
  • Eclipze, Blurr
I'd honestly either go with v2d, v33x/v4b1, or a variation of either, otherwise I wouldn't change the map at all.

RP isn't currently too bad, with the availability of hotspots which allows RPs to get noticed. The current map is probably the maximum map size I'd go with.
[Image: jrpM8xb.jpg]

Looking to contact me? You can find my Steam profile here.
The following 2 users Like Blazing's post:
  • CorieTheNub, sebasti161
Try any other map than V2D and inshallah you will fail for the 20th time.
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
The following 1 user Likes Eclipze's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
(05-06-2018, 08:53 AM)Jan Wrote: Yes let’s add an even bigger map then v5p, so that every 10 minutes you will have a small chance of seeing one player, we wouldn’t want too much interaction or people roleplaying with eachother out of nowhere now would we?

People keep saying this but we've literally tested it, it's smaller than V5P, it takes 50 seconds  to get to the furthest point from spawn whereas V5P took 1 minute and 30 (That's a huuuuge difference!) To all of you who look at the screenshots and go 'woah, this is way too big' I suggest you actually subscribe, drive around a few times, and then you will realise that it's a lot smaller than you think.

EDIT: Decided I would do the same test on V2D_Sexy and it took 1 minute and 30 seconds... the same as V5P and yet you think there will be more player interaction on it? Even worse, that area (the cave/the lake) is a dead end which means that you'll likely end up with the same emptiness as the Villas/Arrowhead Fields does on V5P. At least with Pines City, everything is in a loop.
The following 7 users Like [LT] Sparx's post:
  • Archer, Luna, Wolven, RockDead69, Pollux, Nephew, Iraqi Eagle
Pines City looks neat and nice
+support
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 1 user Likes Archer's post:
  • Luna