Poll: What map would you want to see on FL?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Evocity2_v5p
2.63%
2 2.63%
Rp_Evocity_Sexy_v3
19.74%
15 19.74%
Evocity_v2d
21.05%
16 21.05%
Pines City
51.32%
39 51.32%
Chaos City
2.63%
2 2.63%
Undecided/It doesn't bother me.
2.63%
2 2.63%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Unofficial] The Next FL Map?
(05-05-2018, 08:37 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: To those who like Pine City, please reply to me with every single detail why FL should switch over. Thank you.

Pine City is perfect for Fearless, in my opinion.

Pine city has all the buildings, plus it is not a yellow tinted map. V2D will not suit the new player models at all. Here are some pros about pine city
  • Open buildings, free for custom builds.
  • Open lake.
  • Modern style.
  • Looped map - no dead ends.
  • Big roads - they are flat. 
  • Open fields to build RPs.
  • Large underground parking area.
  • Multiple fueling stations.
  • Modern looking government building.
  • Modern looking hotel.
  • Public outdoor park.
  • A lot more parking space around the city.
  • Giant flat grassy field for mini events.
  • Multiple admin rooms (can also be used for events).
  • Nice simple industrial area.
  • Decently sized highway.
  • Big hospital - good space for RP.
  • Big skybox.
  • Modern look to Villas.
  • Good for Passive and AggressiveRP.
The following 2 users Like Luna's post:
  • Vegas_, Nephew
(05-05-2018, 08:39 PM)Pollux Wrote: You should've removed the option for V2D and just had evocity_sexy, it's basically an improved V2D. People who don't know it's an improved version will vote for V2D and people who do will vote for sexy, meaning you get the V2D votes split in half. It's also unfair to just add both up after as some may actually want the original or some may want the improved version - best to just remove one entirely.

I wanted to add v2d because they might not want to change it, they might want the same V2D. If they do more research and like the Evocity Sexy, they can undo their vote, just getting a general idea though Cheese
(05-05-2018, 08:42 PM)Create Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 08:39 PM)Pollux Wrote: You should've removed the option for V2D and just had evocity_sexy, it's basically an improved V2D. People who don't know it's an improved version will vote for V2D and people who do will vote for sexy, meaning you get the V2D votes split in half. It's also unfair to just add both up after as some may actually want the original or some may want the improved version - best to just remove one entirely.

I wanted to add v2d because they might not want to change it, they might want the same V2D. If they do more research and like the Evocity Sexy, they can undo their vote, just getting a general idea though Cheese

Don't know if it's just me being blind but I see no option to undo a vote, it looks like people are stuck with whatever they vote for at first glance (which will be a mix like I said for the V2D maps)

EDIT: Nvm I am blind
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-05-2018, 08:43 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 08:42 PM)Create Wrote:

Don't know if it's just me being blind but I see no option to undo a vote, it looks like people are stuck with whatever they vote for at first glance (which will be a mix like I said for the V2D maps)
[Image: HjOWO8N.png]
The following 1 user Likes Create's post:
  • Pollux
(05-05-2018, 08:42 PM)Arny Wrote:
(05-05-2018, 08:37 PM)Grapefruit Wrote: To those who like Pine City, please reply to me with every single detail why FL should switch over. Thank you.

-Snip-

Yes, but other maps also have all those things. Instead of simply listing everything Pine City has, could you list why it's good compared to the other maps we could switch to. Thanks.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
I don't want to go back in time, I want a nice, modern map, Such as Pine. You can get updated versions of V2D all you want, but it will still have the yellow tint on the map, which makes the new playermodels look HORRIBLE. Pine city has nice office buildings, 2 way windows unlike V2D a lot of windows are 1 way. If windows are 2 way, it will seem like players are on the server, rather than in 1 way window buildings and you don't see them.
The following 1 user Likes Luna's post:
  • Pollux
For those who are unsure about the performance on pines city, the creator has given a small benchmark of his own of what to expect:

Quote:Setup:
Processor: Intel I3-3240, 3.40GHz, 4CPUs
RAM: 8192 MB
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1050, 1506 MHz, 2 Go

In game settings:
Resolution: 1920x1080
Model detail: High
Texture detail: Very High
Shader detail: High
Water detail: Reflect all
Shadow detail: High
Antialiasing mode: None
Filtering mode: Anisotropic 16x
Multicore Rendering: Enabled
High Dynamic Range: Full

Framerate:
Town center: ~70 fps
Industrial: ~100 fps
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
honestly evocity "sexy" looks fucking disgusting and i would not play on fl if it was ever changed to that
(05-05-2018, 08:54 PM)Pollux Wrote: For those who are unsure about the performance on pines city, the creator has given a small benchmark of his own of what to expect:

In game settings:

Framerate:

And that is with all FL Content, 70+ Players and Vehicles? Cheese
The following 1 user Likes Create's post:
  • mgdwszx
(05-05-2018, 08:54 PM)Pollux Wrote: For those who are unsure about the performance on pines city, the creator has given a small benchmark of his own of what to expect:

In game settings:

Framerate:

Oh, I was unaware that the creator ran tests on the FPS of the map with FL's gamemode and with roughly 60 players with cars and props.

These are reading of the FPS on sandbox. I myself get roughly 200. It doesn't matter how it plays on singeplayer; but multiplayer with all the factors.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]