Poll: Should there be a map switch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
88.52%
54 88.52%
No.
11.48%
7 11.48%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should FL Change Map?
(05-05-2018, 08:30 AM)Ofc. Jeff Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 09:53 PM)Shlomo Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 09:39 PM)Ofc. Jeff Wrote: The larger the player base, the larger the map so everyone has a position to be in. I’m sorry, but one day when b4b1 was down and v2d was still a thing, v2d was full for at least around a couple of hours, maybe more! It seems very few are interested in v2d tbh, like, try asking the entire FL community and I’m sure a lot are very fascinated in open world map series where there’s more activities and events happening.

There's barely "more activities and events", it'd be the same amount as on v2d its just more spread out on the latest maps because of the large map size. I would much rather a map where RP can be spread between two ends of the map and feel like the entire map is alive instead of little corners of a huge map being populated.
There’s actually a lot of activities and events happening because they’ve got a position to go as where v2d only had very few places for RP. V5p has worked out a lot for Truckers, etc as well...

I completly disagree, V2D had many places for RP. There was small shops, medium shops and large shops. There was compounds industrial size complexes. There wasnt anything missing
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Eclipze
#BringBackLittleTown

On a serious note I'd actually like to see V2D back, even if we forced players to play on one map. I don't believe this would affect the player base as much as people make out. It has everything that V5P offers just smaller and much more optimised. If anything this will encourage people to play since performance would increase and this could actually be one of the ways to bring back some old faces.

People play FL for the gamemode itself, we've been through plenty of map changes but I still see the sole server 65+ majority of the time.
The following 4 users Like DVN's post:
  • god, , Eclipze, Grape
(05-05-2018, 08:57 AM)DVN Wrote: #BringBackLittleTown

On a serious note I'd actually like to see V2D back, even if we forced players to play on one map. I don't believe this would affect the player base as much as people make out. It has everything that V5P offers just smaller and much more optimised. If anything this will encourage people to play since performance would increase and this could actually be one of the ways to bring back some old faces.

People play FL for the gamemode itself, we've been through plenty of map changes but I still see the sole server 65+ majority of the time.

The realization is FL isnt as big as it used to be. We need to adapt and go back to V2D. V2D was booming even when it had a 50 player cap.

V5P is too big for the player-base. I go around and never find anyone. Sad
The following 4 users Like User 12049's post:
  • JackZ, DVN, Grape, CorieTheNub
As long as I don't have to make measurements for the property system or creating accurate locations I couldn't care less what map  Cool

If the community truly believes V2D is what Fearless needs to spark back into more activity, then we could at least give it a shot.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 3 users Like Yonno's post:
  • JackZ, Eclipze, Grape
Last time we introduced V2D there were 2 maps on the go. This mean't it was difficult to force people to fully try V2D.

With only map on the go people will have to play V2D and can actually experiance it with a full server - like the good ol' days!
The following 4 users Like god's post:
  • JackZ, Eclipze, DVN, Grape
V2D = Nostalgic, fits FL, small which makes it easy to interact, many roleplay possibilities both for big and small RP's. Have been with FL for so long which makes it easier for older players to adapt When they return.

V5P = Not nostalgic, dark, gray and depressing, too big, barely interact with people, few roleplaying possibilities, too hard to drive, many opens unnecessarey spaces, not fit for FL
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
The following 4 users Like Eclipze's post:
  • JackZ, , DVN, Grape
(05-05-2018, 09:03 AM)Yonno Wrote: As long as I don't have to make measurements for the property system or creating accurate locations I couldn't care less what map  Cool

If the community truly believes V2D is what Fearless needs to spark back into more activity, then we could at least give it a shot.

(05-05-2018, 09:11 AM)Eclipze Wrote: V2D = Nostalgic, fits FL, small which makes it easy to interact, many roleplay possibilities both for big and small RP's. Have been with FL for so long which makes it easier for older players to adapt When they return.

V5P = Not nostalgic, dark, gray and depressing, too big, barely interact with people, few roleplaying possibilities, too hard to drive, many opens unnecessarey spaces, not fit for FL

Couldn't agree more.

In my eyes - v2d is 100% the best map to use at the moment.
The following 3 users Like JackZ's post:
  • Eclipze, DVN, Grape
(05-05-2018, 09:04 AM)Dobbs Wrote: Last time we introduced V2D there were 2 maps on the go. This mean't it was difficult to force people to fully try V2D.

With only map on the go people will have to play V2D and can actually experiance it with a full server - like the good ol' days!

It died because there wasn't a big enough playerbase to give it a chance, everyone who actually likes FL gave V2D a go however it wasn't enough as there is a 70% playerbase on the servers who are 'randoms' who've never signed up to the fourms and don't care what server they're on so they stayed with V5P.
Not to mention, during the test of both maps users will have had V5P in their history but the second server would only appear on the public list. This means internally within the community less people join, which has a knock on effect for public users searching our server as they will not join a server with 10/75 when there is a server with 50+/75.

I don't feel like the test was efficiently conclusive.
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Grape, Captain Barry, Eclipze
The reason why the last attempt at reviving v2d failed is because of player presence. People wanted to play on v2d, but when they saw the population at 0 and v5p with 40+, why would they join v2d on their own? Unless they were contra whoring of course.
It's the same thing in every walk of human life. You want to do one thing, but everyone else is doing another thing, so you go with them because you want to be with them. It takes several people to go against the flow before other's start to follow.
There just wasn't enough people going against the flow to get the ball rolling.
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]
The following 4 users Like Captain Barry's post:
  • Grape, JackZ, DVN, Eclipze