Poll: Should there be a map switch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
88.52%
54 88.52%
No.
11.48%
7 11.48%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should FL Change Map?
(05-04-2018, 11:28 PM)Floodify Wrote: Because the past map changes has proven to be completely pointless and 2d was even offered again, did that work out? Constantly there has been talks of changing maps.. even after maps were changed.. do as noble of a mission you might think you are on; its pointless and no one is gonna be happy. 2d is not gonna work out since players are not idealist in their core but rather what feels fun for them in the spurr of the moment. This endless chatter about map just goes about the same way and whilst I can agree partly to what is being said, there really is no time that people will put this matter to rest no matter the outcome.

The community got what they wanted few times and proved the anticipation of fail right, without faults.. I have tried reforming in some ways, but the community shows what they want by the subconcious actions. 2d was available and no one played on it; and any attempts to revive it was of no avail. Should this not prove enough? Littletown was not a success because the community ultimately showed what they really wanted after they had given it a try. Shouldn't this be enough? 33x vs v5p showed that v5p won because it was more optimtized and more preferable, otherwise the change.. just like little town.. wouldn't of been permanent. This story continues.

You might think people are going to change, but they are not. It would mean you will have to force people onto a map.. which effectively would mean going against a part of the community and that is not of preference in thia daily age of FL and let's face it.. why juggle it all when mentioned options have just been failure?

Take me for a cynical, but some of your ideals are not founded in reality as proven countless of times - no matter how good the intentions are.

So yeah, this is why y'all should give it a rest and realize how pointless it all is.. otherwise the cycle just goes on.

Also who are you even shlomo?  You obviously don't realize the effort in the map question I've had

Your reasoning for why v2d failed is very poor. Going by your logic with v2d failing before is easily countered by the fact that v2p has failed as a map 3 different times until now. Prior to v2p, v33 failed 2 times prior to it being the main map and then again failed.

You say that it is because the players on FL do not want to play them. That is not the reasoning. The biggest reason maps fail is because the staff team decides which map is going to be the main map. If we had littletown as a map here and all the admins quit playing v2p for that map, everyone would start playing on littletown. 

This isnt a pointless argument. The only way this is pointless is if the staff refuse to think about the pros and cons of switching the map. You would be surprised how much the majority of the community cares about which map is in play. As long as staff is on the map, they dont care.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Grape
#NewMap
(05-04-2018, 11:43 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 11:28 PM)Floodify Wrote: Because the past map changes has proven to be completely pointless and 2d was even offered again, did that work out? Constantly there has been talks of changing maps.. even after maps were changed.. do as noble of a mission you might think you are on; its pointless and no one is gonna be happy. 2d is not gonna work out since players are not idealist in their core but rather what feels fun for them in the spurr of the moment. This endless chatter about map just goes about the same way and whilst I can agree partly to what is being said, there really is no time that people will put this matter to rest no matter the outcome.

The community got what they wanted few times and proved the anticipation of fail right, without faults.. I have tried reforming in some ways, but the community shows what they want by the subconcious actions. 2d was available and no one played on it; and any attempts to revive it was of no avail. Should this not prove enough? Littletown was not a success because the community ultimately showed what they really wanted after they had given it a try. Shouldn't this be enough? 33x vs v5p showed that v5p won because it was more optimtized and more preferable, otherwise the change.. just like little town.. wouldn't of been permanent. This story continues.

You might think people are going to change, but they are not. It would mean you will have to force people onto a map.. which effectively would mean going against a part of the community and that is not of preference in thia daily age of FL and let's face it.. why juggle it all when mentioned options have just been failure?

Take me for a cynical, but some of your ideals are not founded in reality as proven countless of times - no matter how good the intentions are.

So yeah, this is why y'all should give it a rest and realize how pointless it all is.. otherwise the cycle just goes on.

Also who are you even shlomo?  You obviously don't realize the effort in the map question I've had

Your reasoning for why v2d failed is very poor. Going by your logic with v2d failing before is easily countered by the fact that v2p has failed as a map 3 different times until now. Prior to v2p, v33 failed 2 times prior to it being the main map and then again failed.

You say that it is because the players on FL do not want to play them. That is not the reasoning. The biggest reason maps fail is because the staff team decides which map is going to be the main map. If we had littletown as a map here and all the admins quit playing v2p for that map, everyone would start playing on littletown. 

This isnt a pointless argument. The only way this is pointless is if the staff refuse to think about the pros and cons of switching the map. You would be surprised how much the majority of the community cares about which map is in play. As long as staff is on the map, they dont care.

His whole point fell apart when he ended on the "Also who are you even", one of the few ancient ex-admins who thinks that a spot in their memory banks is valuable or somehow means something. Clearly thinks too highly of himself, hurt that someone below him disagrees with his almighty thoughts.
despacito
(05-04-2018, 06:10 PM)Jonas Wrote: v2d - died due to noone ever playing it, won’t help to force people. Fact.

v4b1 - alright, poorly optimized tho.

v5p - perfect for almost every roleplay, and optimized.

Don’t switch. It’s working, no need to replace it unless you’ve got something that will improve it. Most likely won’t happrn.

No its not working at all tbh. So many players have left the community, I barely recognise anyone anymore.
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
The following 2 users Like Eclipze's post:
  • sebasti161,
(05-05-2018, 12:18 AM)Eclipze Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 06:10 PM)Jonas Wrote: v2d - died due to noone ever playing it, won’t help to force people. Fact.

Don’t switch. It’s working, no need to replace it unless you’ve got something that will improve it. Most likely won’t happrn.

No its not working at all tbh. So many players have left the community, I barely recognise anyone anymore.

Cum
(05-04-2018, 11:43 PM)Fultz Wrote:

Fair point, however the theory still stands with the initial fail of v2d and onward changes after that. People migrated to v33x and so forth.. the loop has just continued. The community got the option to keep v2d, and whilst big, it also was not the highest voted option.. simultaneously no one played there and there were still attempts by passionate administrators to revive it. It just feels like it's a proper urge for players to have something new and whilst 2d may seem perfect, which it is, it would require taking a massive risk to force people to migrate over to 2d.. which in turn would generate a high risk of loosing players and not even guarantee a successful migration; which by the counts of failure with 2d in the past for whatever reason (and there was always a reason for stuff to change, don't forget that) doesn't seem very likely. Seems like a big risk when the playerbase is this fragile, no?

The map question just never ends and all the discussion is in vain, in my opinion, because 2d has been attempted to be revived and it was given the option to the community to also try and revive it. Even after a poll showed that 52 ish people wanted it to be kept no one played on it. Staff has a say in it yes, but I believe the actual palpability of a migration lies in the fact that community wanted a change of map throughout time and they changed as time progressed. 2p wasn't famous, yet had sometimes 3 staff members on, but when people grew tired of 33x they went with 2p and the majority wanted it.

The theory is the same always, no matter what; community wants a big change in problems (mostly) derived from players, not "things". 2d may be a success, but eventually there will be the request for a new change and FL needs to keep itself to one map, which if the community will push its will through always won't happen, thus someone higher up has to take the tough call.

Shlomo, you obviously don't really know me and had you then you would of known this "little tag" was something I asked to remove after a complete let down after I quit, so no I don't really take my memory on FL serious. I'm here for my own amusement and this map question has been the biggest talking point since I returned.. and was way way before that too. Let's just quit the topic of my or yours relevancy, and just stick to the
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The reason V2D died was not because it was not liked it was because of contraband. V2D was the main server, as such all the aggressiveRP happened on there (hence us remebering it for aggRP). Due to this, all contrafarmers would make easy money on V33x which is why they left. this trend contiuned with all the lesser known players untill the point of V2D dying.

Reason when V2D got brought back everyone stayed is as everyone states there is random people on the server who never use forums/fight. These people don't give a damn about V2D nor know it's better. THey're used to V5P and will stick with it. They like V5P for making money because it's a massive server and loads of places to hide.

V2D was a good server and still can be a good server.

I'd recommend bringing back V2D IMO.
The following 2 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Eclipze, Grape

Inoccoreect, V2D will help to force people to play it. It was the main server and everyone enjoyed it. Its small so good FPS and compact so everyone will actaully meet other people on the map.

V5P is massive and I rarely see anynone on the server.
The following 3 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Eclipze, Grape, mgdwszx
(05-04-2018, 09:53 PM)Shlomo Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 09:39 PM)Ofc. Jeff Wrote: The larger the player base, the larger the map so everyone has a position to be in. I’m sorry, but one day when b4b1 was down and v2d was still a thing, v2d was full for at least around a couple of hours, maybe more! It seems very few are interested in v2d tbh, like, try asking the entire FL community and I’m sure a lot are very fascinated in open world map series where there’s more activities and events happening.

There's barely "more activities and events", it'd be the same amount as on v2d its just more spread out on the latest maps because of the large map size. I would much rather a map where RP can be spread between two ends of the map and feel like the entire map is alive instead of little corners of a huge map being populated.
There’s actually a lot of activities and events happening because they’ve got a position to go as where v2d only had very few places for RP. V5p has worked out a lot for Truckers, etc as well...
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper