[FL:T] Narcotic
Username: Jan

Accused Staff Member: Narcotic

Involved Users: /
  • -
[*]
Time/Date/Time Zone: 18-20 May 2018.

Abuse of Power or Rule Infringement: Abusing the blacklist command and punishing purely because he likes doing so.

Evidence and Explanation:

First of all let me start out by saying I do not post this abuse thread to get revenge on Narcotic for banning me, I would have posted this abuse thread regardless of the outcome of my unban request, which I would have stated on the UBR thread but it got closed before I even got to reply to it so do not mention that as an "argument".

I (and a lot of others) believe Narcotic only is staff member because he likes abusing his powers, as a staff member obviously you're in it to educate people and punish users when needed, you however do not punish for the sake of punishing, which is what Narcotic did and I believe it'll only grow as he gets more comfortable within the staff team.

See the following screenshot of a text message he posted in the Fearless Discord two days ago:

[Image: f7wrpb7.png]

A couple of minutes/hours after Narcotic wrote that message the blacklist page reached 100.000 blacklists, the last 3 of them handed out by Narcotic as seen in the following picture:

[Image: t7hGUl0.png]

It makes me question if those blacklists are valid because of his obvious message in Discord a while before he handed out those blacklists.

I do not believe this is how a staff member should behave, instead of showing an example Narcotic shows how proud he is of being able to use the blacklist and ban commands, and that only a couple of weeks after his first promotion, I can only imagine where this is going and hope other staff members do so aswell.
Hello Jan.

Administrators are chosen specifically by the SAs and above as they demonstrate a great knowledge and understanding of the rules and potentially of the punishments in which surround them. As Fearless approached its 100,000th blacklist I was not in any way excited or happy about this amount, as the staff and I had discussed in private. My message in the discord chat was a "joke" regarding the number. I have no sense of pride nor achievement for handing out the 100,000th blacklist or do I handing out any blacklists thus leading to its number. I would very much prefer if I hadn't had to hand out any blacklists at all, but as explained by myself previously: with every mistake or rule break comes consequence, there are only so many warnings or reminders an Administrator can give to a user before a blacklist is necessary. Punishments are in place to deter criminals, and it's the same with Fearless. If a user breaks the rules, they receive a small punishment. I tend to do my punishments, especially for blacklists only a couple of hours or so, sometimes even only 30 minutes as to still encourage a roleplaying community to keep roleplaying! As you can see by your own evidence provided, those blacklists all come with valid reasoning and the mistake they made. I also remind users of an Admin sit of the rules they have broken and where to find the rules, either on the forums or in game as to better provide knowledge of the rules they have broken (as you said I should do, and as I have done to yourself). 

As stated for the 100,000th blacklist on user "////////////": The blacklist was given for prop minging, the user was flinging props around in some sort of contraction which was not only FailRP but props minging. The user was not really intending on roleplaying at that certain time so was handed a blacklist for his actions since they caused disruption to the ethos of the server. 

As for the 99,996th blacklist, the user was once again using props to kill multiple users on the server which clearly goes against the rules and the only way to stop this user was to remove their access to these entities so they could fully understand their actions and reflect on the rules. Also to keep the rest of the community safe from getting killed by props and to continue general roleplaying on the server, which is the server's intention after all.

The other two blacklists displayed in your screenshot, both of which are very self-explanatory. 99,993 was the same user that was prop killing only moments after, he was, in fact, killing random people as the "Chef" role, therefore had to be detained from using weapons as to continue general roleplaying on the server, which is the server's intention after all.

As for the "Cooper" user below, the reason is yet again, self-explanatory as he was stabbing multiple citizens in the street, not only breaking the rule "8.1 You can't commit crimes in public and you must have a valid roleplay reason" but also "3.1 Do not harm/kill people randomly (RDM); you must have a valid roleplay reason" and also "2.8 Custom job titles must be realistic (don't roleplay something that isn't human), specific and accurately state what character you intend to roleplay (do not set your job as 'criminal' or 'classified' for example)." so a fair punishment was given for multiple rule breaks. 

Regarding your comments upon my AA, I'd advise leaving personal opinions about how my development in the staff team will only make me more comfortable to punish users for the sake of punishing. That seems a matter of personal opinion not backed up by any evidence and, I believe, should remain a private personal opinion which I believe to be untrue about myself.

----------------------------------------------
EDIT

An updated point, I do not enjoy nor find pleasure in punishing users as I would very much rather see a full community server all roleplaying peacefully together as one community rather than a divided, unfull, and partial server messing around and breaking the rules, hence why I wished to become an administrator. With the goal of one united Fearless server where users can play freely as they please. I'd like to give out as little bans and blacklists as possible as to have actually more people online to roleplay with alike but sometimes it seems the case that these punishments have to be given out in order to keep the rest of the community at rest and to deter potential rulebreakers as well as retribution to those who have missed out or had a wrongdoing to (e.g. a roleplay ruined) at the hands of rulebreakers, such as RDM or powergaming... etc.
Quote:Administrators are chosen specifically by the SAs and above as they demonstrate a great knowledge and understanding of the rules and potentially of the punishments in which surround them.

Even though irrelevant for this case, I do want to correct you on this point, administrators are chosen by the entire admin team and higher, so not only by SA's and higher.

What you fail to understand in general, and your reply backs that up, is that as a (trial) administrator you represent Fearless, you do not joke around when it comes to bans and blacklists. If you do just like you've done now it makes all blacklists you hand out right after the joke questionable, and even though you are trying to explain them, I do not believe your explanation due to your "funny" attitude when it comes to this subject.

Quote:Regarding your comments upon my AA, I'd advise leaving personal opinions about how my development in the staff team will only make me more comfortable to punish users for the sake of punishing. That seems a matter of personal opinion not backed up by any evidence and, I believe, should remain a private personal opinion which I believe to be untrue about myself.

I speak out of experience by making that statement, it has happened before and I believe you will follow into the footsteps of previous abusive staff members if you get promoted to full admin, that's why I hope this abuse thread prevents a promotion.
(05-22-2018, 05:14 PM)Jan Wrote:
Quote:Administrators are chosen specifically by the SAs and above as they demonstrate a great knowledge and understanding of the rules and potentially of the punishments in which surround them.

Even though irrelevant for this case, I do want to correct you on this point, administrators are chosen by the entire admin team and higher, so not only by SA's and higher.

What you fail to understand in general, and your reply backs that up, is that as a (trial) administrator you represent Fearless, you do not joke around when it comes to bans and blacklists. If you do just like you've done now it makes all blacklists you hand out right after the joke questionable, and even though you are trying to explain them, I do not believe your explanation due to your "funny" attitude when it comes to this subject.

I was in fact just trying to make the point that my judgment of rules and therefore the punishments in which surround them must be an intentive one if I was to be selected by all those administrators who also have a strong knowledge of the rules and punishments too.

The joke/messing around was about reaching the number 100,000 which comes partly from the private discussion in relative staff chats, almost a play on "OCD" how that there is 10,000 per year since the community has been active for 10 years... etc and thenceforth. As you can see in the Discord chat other users, staff and players alike were making comment regarding the number, as per a group discussion as the community tend to do on matters, being a community and all.

(05-22-2018, 05:14 PM)Jan Wrote:
Quote:Regarding your comments upon my AA, I'd advise leaving personal opinions about how my development in the staff team will only make me more comfortable to punish users for the sake of punishing. That seems a matter of personal opinion not backed up by any evidence and, I believe, should remain a private personal opinion which I believe to be untrue about myself.

I speak out of experience by making that statement, it has happened before and I believe you will follow into the footsteps of previous abusive staff members if you get promoted to full admin, that's why I hope this abuse thread prevents a promotion.

My limited actions of making one comment in a group discussion does in no way make me an abusive staff member, In my opinion, but I will allow the judgement of my superiors to take fourth. 

I wish you all the best with your case and future roleplays.

Narcotic
If the punishments were justified I don't see a problem here. As for his attitude, Narcotic is only reaching his first month out of the 2 month period so any concerns thought to be truthful will be taken into consideration, but in this case I am not so certain. However, the 'I want to get it to 100,000' may have been in jest but it can appear distasteful to some.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The entire "I want it to get to 100,000" attitude is disqusting and not the correct way of going on about things as a staff member.

Quote:The joke/messing around was about reaching the number 100,000 which comes partly from the private discussion in relative staff chats

If this is what is keeping certain staff members busy nowadays then the other ones involved should be ashamed aswell, after all they aswell as Narcotic should focus on educating players and improving the community instead of reaching a certain number in the blacklists tab. Sad to see certain staff members within the community once again taking steps backwards and actually being proud of it.
I'm mainly reiterating my point here, but this is not abuse. Narcotic will be spoken to in regards to making jokes that are in poor taste, however whether saying he did actively seek out to punish people to get to 100,000 is not fair for me to assume as it has no solid ground other than a 'joke'. As for your point on educating players I don't know how you can make an assumption on his @ sit ability as this is seemingly an isolated case in the general text channel of our discord and does not reflect his ability to aid the player base in anyway whatsoever.. A ban happy nature will be kept tabs on, however the punishments Narcotic has given out in this specific situation do seem to be genuinely justified, therefore he was just doing his job.

Case closed.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]