Rules Revamp
Quote:2.8 Custom job titles must be realistic (don’t roleplay something that isn’t human), specific and accurately state what character you intend to roleplay (do not set your job as ‘criminal’ or ‘classified’ for example).
So can you do contra as a Civ now? if no, then what is a civ with contra these days?
(I also see alot of bans coming from this)

Quote:3.3 Do not use any form of weaponry without a valid roleplay reason.
Want to raid or mug someone? check with an admin FIRST to see if your roleplay reason is VALID

Quote:7.3 You must roleplay as your defined group in a realistic manner (i.e. the rebels may only use cheap items).
So rebels can no longer use assault rifles as they're not cheap items.

Quote:8.1 You can’t commit crimes in public and you must have a valid roleplay reason (you can rob a store in public, if deemed safe to do so). Public locations are the city, Metro stations and Connectivity road.
The nexus is a public place and raiding is a crime, thus it's no longer allowed
The city is a public place and speeding is a crime, and as such is no longer allowed
The city is a public place and running red lights is a crime, and as such is no longer allowed
(you get the picture here)

Also 'You can’t commit crimes in public' is a rule, thus police can no longer arrest people for doing them as they will be Backseat Administrating.
But remember, jaywalking is now a banable offence.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
(04-03-2018, 05:05 AM)RIC0H Wrote:
Quote:2.8 Custom job titles must be realistic (don’t roleplay something that isn’t human), specific and accurately state what character you intend to roleplay (do not set your job as ‘criminal’ or ‘classified’ for example).
So can you do contra as a Civ now? if no, then what is a civ with contra these days?
(I also see alot of bans coming from this)

you just need an accurate job title a civilian doesn’t use contraband because a civilian is law abiding.[/]

Quote:3.3 Do not use any form of weaponry without a valid roleplay reason.
Want to raid or mug someone? check with an admin FIRST to see if your roleplay reason is VALID

[b]this has always been a rule just written differently, if you use your brain you won’t need an admin to check your reason

Quote:7.3 You must roleplay as your defined group in a realistic manner (i.e. the rebels may only use cheap items).
So rebels can no longer use assault rifles as they're not cheap items.

That’s not what this rule means it means you cannot use expensive suits or vehicles or live in expensive homes it was a rule a while ago and the reimplementation of this Spurs on more role play from the group

Quote:8.1 You can’t commit crimes in public and you must have a valid roleplay reason (you can rob a store in public, if deemed safe to do so). Public locations are the city, Metro stations and Connectivity road.
The nexus is a public place and raiding is a crime, thus it's no longer allowed
The city is a public place and speeding is a crime, and as such is no longer allowed
The city is a public place and running red lights is a crime, and as such is no longer allowed
(you get the picture here)

Also 'You can’t commit crimes in public' is a rule, thus police can no longer arrest people for doing them as they will be Backseat Administrating.
But remember, jaywalking is now a banable offence.

again this has always been a rule just worded differently if you take such a literal understanding of the rules you are not going to have much fun on the servers so I recommend broadening your horizons to these changes and thinking about them more rather than pieing them off straight away

Reply’s are in bold

/phone

The following 4 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Baskingner, Yonno, Random, Tomo
(04-03-2018, 05:05 AM)RIC0H Wrote: -snip-

Not too sure why you're taking it all so literally and being so pedantic for. Regarding the last part of your points it states in the rules you need a roleplay reason and if it's deemed safe to do so. Speeding would be allowed since you're going so fast you can easily get away, thus being safe to speed in the city. Same for jaywalking, if no notices you jaywalk it's a safe crime to do.

I'm happy with these changes though.
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 4 users Like Broccoli's post:
  • General Rickets, Yonno, Random, Tomo
It's good to see these new rules and edits finally being added. Shame some people still fail to use common sense and only read them to see if they can work their way around some of 'em.
The following 4 users Like Jan's post:
  • Yonno, Random, Tomo, General Rickets
(04-03-2018, 02:13 AM)Pollux Wrote:
Quote:10.4 Nexus defences are only permitted on the inside of the building and there must be an area to allow for the Nexus Desk Secretary to do their job.

I really don't see why you would want to get rid of nexus front defences as when done right they can look quite nice and still not really restrict much. It can really make the nexus front look better (really depends on how it's built, but I don't see why it should be banned)

I understand your concerns as you are in my opinion one of the best Nexus defense builders, but this was vital for the Nexus desk secretary job to be playable again. This due to the fact that very often the only interaction would happen at the Nexus Front defense between SRU standing there and a citizen looking up to them from the streets. 

Many of the Nexus Front dupes were doomfort with many reasons, several being no cover for keypad, having walkways on too high walls and abusing vertical angles to create an advantage for defenders. Many of these were done unintentionally by players, but due to the fact that everyone was rocking similar defenses with nobody in the past ever telling them off for it, it more or less became a standard defense.

With this change not only can we actually make the Nexus itself accessible to the public, we can also create more realistic defenses for the Nexus, as it is not there to be a military stronghold, but for interaction between the public and the president (casting criminals and raids aside, as they in essence shouldn't happen in the first place if you roleplay your president job passively correctly whereas dictators want them to happen).

Example dupe for a passive nexus defense (Obey is an insanely good builder):

Spoiler :
[Image: e9c5f4a60cec18c15ccca6a54187c6e2.jpg]

For more references please have a look at this thread: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=81015
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Lesanka
(04-03-2018, 08:50 AM)Yonno Wrote:
Quote:10.4 Nexus defences are only permitted on the inside of the building and there must be an area to allow for the Nexus Desk Secretary to do their job.

I really don't see why you would want to get rid of nexus front defences as when done right they can look quite nice and still not really restrict much. It can really make the nexus front look better (really depends on how it's built, but I don't see why it should be banned)

I understand your concerns as you are in my opinion one of the best Nexus defense builders, but this was vital for the Nexus desk secretary job to be playable again. This due to the fact that very often the only interaction would happen at the Nexus Front defense between SRU standing there and a citizen looking up to them from the streets. 

Many of the Nexus Front dupes were doomfort with many reasons, several being no cover for keypad, having walkways on too high walls and abusing vertical angles to create an advantage for defenders. Many of these were done unintentionally by players, but due to the fact that everyone was rocking similar defenses with nobody in the past ever telling them off for it, it more or less became a standard defense.

With this change not only can we actually make the Nexus itself accessible to the public, we can also create more realistic defenses for the Nexus, as it is not there to be a military stronghold, but for interaction between the public and the president (casting criminals and raids aside, as they in essence shouldn't happen in the first place if you roleplay your president job passively correctly whereas dictators want them to happen).

Example dupe for a passive nexus defense:

Spoiler :

For more references please have a look at this thread: https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=81015

Ha, I built that  Cheese
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
The following 3 users Like Obay's post:
  • Yonno, General Rickets, TheSiphon
That dupe looks familiar Wink

The following 1 user Likes General Rickets's post:
  • Yonno
(04-03-2018, 08:53 AM)Obay Wrote:
Quote:-snip-

-snip-

Ha, I built that  Cheese

(04-03-2018, 08:54 AM)General Rickets Wrote: That dupe looks familiar Wink

Credits where its due boys, beautiful dupe  Cool
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(04-03-2018, 06:56 AM)Broccoli Wrote: Not too sure why you're taking it all so literally

Not sure why I'm taking the server rules literally?
I'll give you a hint, they're server rules.

(04-03-2018, 06:56 AM)Broccoli Wrote: Regarding the last part of your points it states in the rules you need a roleplay reason and if it's deemed safe to do so.

Raiding the nexus is still a valid point though, as it's never 'safe' to raid the nexus regardless of whether or not you have a valid RP reason.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the nexus being unraidable so I don't have an issue with that rule, just wanted it cleared up for when making ban requests.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]

Example dupe for a passive nexus defense (Obey is an insanely good builder):

Spoiler :

There should be an exception for dictators - as they may want to have the nexus be a millitary stronghold (which should be fine for dictators). When built well it can still look really nice.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork