Re-setting RP points
(12-10-2023, 07:31 AM)Nacreas Wrote:
(12-09-2023, 03:09 PM)Haarek Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 02:14 PM)Ludo Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 02:08 PM)Haarek Wrote:
Quote: I made a lot of memories getting my RP points, it'd be a shame to see them go.
It's a shame, yes, but ultimately does it truly matter? After all, they only display besides your name.
Or am I way too inconsiderate here?
I'll tell you right now as a veteran player that my hours, points and money would be the only thing that would make me want to come back to a server that has been down for nearly a year and a half now.

Preferably 13 yr olds with no commitments.
I just think your comment shows a skewed understanding of the situation. And I don't think you are the only person with this view.
I agree with you that what FL needs is an influx of new players, but oldtimers still have their place. The focus needs to be getting players back as a whole, not just new ones. We also need a server for this.

FL has always had a desperate need to acquire large influxes of new players its simply just good for business' (Donations) but the fact remains that almost all of FLs player base is always as you put it 'Oldtimers' people within the 200-2000hr range, For crying out loud when have you ever seen a large influx of 0-5hr players that aren't outright banned shortly after. Oldtimers are the only people that even still have FL on their radar, due to their previous investment into the community. By completely discrediting their achievement and progress we will loose them as well (If we haven't already). 

Simply don't touch the progress old players have made, it affects nothing but removing it guarantees alienating any of the community that is remaining in the hopes to play on the server to regain their old progress. If you want to acquire new players and retain them then its incredibly easy to do, adopt practice that almost every game reliant on player count does. LOGIN STREAK BONUSES. They can be as complicated or as simple as a few extra thousands dollars for logging in 7days in a row. There is countless upon countless consumer studies that if you work in the gaming industry you should be reading, talking about consumer retention and statistically login streak bonuses, friend code referrals etc are the best known ways to not only retain, but grow your player base. 

CUT OUT THE FAT; this shouldn't be this complicated, this just needs true marketing tactics. STOP trying to make the gamemode perfect that isn't what's gonna make people stay, it never will be its Gary's mod for crying out loud. You need a proper marketing strategy, and the best way to get ideas for that is to pull from mobile games and MMOs as they understand best what perks need to be offered to increase player retention.
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]