JoshZ UBR
Your name: JoshZ

Your SteamID:STEAM_0:1:57372971

Your ban ID: 78914 78916

Banned by: DVN and Tomo

Reason: Abusing glitches. Disrespecting Administrator | Very cocky | Was on last chance

Involved: DVN and Tomo and Envy

After about 4 months since my ban went by. I have really thought out thing about Garrys Mod in general and I really can't find any other server that is like FL. Although what I done was completley out of order with the whole abusing glitches thing I did speak to Tomo after and told him how stupid I was in what I done when I was up inside of the crane and did say that I was attempting to fix the textures of my buildings.

However now we get on to the part where I really do believe I have been unfairly banned. Just 2-3 weeks ago I had sent DVN a message through the forums explaining my point of view over the whole situation. I still havn't recieved a reply to that message so I guess I will just talk it here knowing that I probably will not get a reply.

Just a few things to touch on since I have just realised that I have been un-banned on the forums:

In my UBR you stated that my response was a cocky response

When questioned, which can be accounted for by Tomo upon request, I asked why he said what you said and directly quoted 'Did you just call me a fat ginger prick' which he replied with 'Oh I directed that towards D.. uhh.. Envy'. This is a cocky response and clearly something you fumbled during the sit leading me to believe it was aimed at me.

I never meant for this to assume as a "cocky response" I fumbled my word doesn't mean that I was trying to be cocky.

Also you stated that I called Envy a 'Did you just call me a fat ginger prick' now this is incorrect infomation as I never called Envy that I called him a "fat prick" so once again your infomation is incorrect.

Another piece that you put was that you were fair over a investigation, although me and Tomo were very fair with you throughout the investigation of the base (over 40 minutes).

It wasn't like you and Tomo were doing me a favour by investigating the base. Our base was not in the rules so by saying is just silly as we were following the rules as there was no rule against basing there.

However I understand this was a while ago so maybe you can't do anything but I thought I would put this here.

this here is the message that I sent to DVN 3 days before christmas. Now this here basically explains my situation and how I believe the day went down. Now also I would like to point out that yes I was using push to talk inside of discord at that point. I just wanted to apologise for what I have done and I hope you can un-ban me knowing how much I enjoyed FL
We don't discuss punishments out of the courthouse, something I thought you were aware of but since you're waiting for my reply on that clearly not.

I accept your apology for what happened, I can tell that it was sincere. When I said the investigation was fair, we didn't abruptly stop any raids, we let you handle all your contraband and carry on whilst we had a look instead of making you all stand around for 40 minutes. Although it's not in the rules that you can't base there, we deemed it too much of a doomfort for you to continue.

At this point we removed the props, you guys moved on and this is where I thought I heard you say what you have quoted above.

I am willing to let that aspect of the UBR go, it may be I miss heard something, but I am 100% I know what I heard and your fumbled response that came across very cocky didn't help your situation leading me to believe it was intentionally said and aimed at myself. I can get over being called something like that whether you did or not, but my issue lies with the abusing glitches, something that will have to be discussed with the team since you knowingly used this to your advantage during raids and general roleplay.
(01-10-2018, 06:37 PM)DVN Wrote: We don't discuss punishments out of the courthouse, something I thought you were aware of but since you're waiting for my reply on that clearly not.

I accept your apology for what happened, I can tell that it was sincere. When I said the investigation was fair, we didn't abruptly stop any raids, we let you handle all your contraband and carry on whilst we had a look instead of making you all stand around for 40 minutes. Although it's not in the rules that you can't base there, we deemed it too much of a doomfort for you to continue.

At this point we removed the props, you guys moved on and this is where I thought I heard you say what you have quoted above.

I am willing to let that aspect of the UBR go, it may be I miss heard something, but I am 100% I know what I heard and your fumbled response that came across very cocky didn't help your situation leading me to believe it was intentionally said and aimed at myself. I can get over being called something like that whether you did or not, but my issue lies with the abusing glitches, something that will have to be discussed with the team since you knowingly used this to your advantage during raids and general roleplay.

Alright as said previously I don't want this to turn into an arguement or anything. Sorry if it came across to you that I said that but I seriously didn't aim it towards you.

The whole thing with abusing glitches was stupidity from me as I did discuss to Tomo after the ban that what I done seriously was stupid however I was trying to fix the glitch. Once again I apologise for being so stupid.

I really do hope that this is enough.
(01-10-2018, 06:37 PM)DVN Wrote: We don't discuss punishments out of the courthouse, something I thought you were aware of but since you're waiting for my reply on that clearly not.

Also sorry I forgot to mention this, the only building that was like that was the MTL Crane Control and that was it, I never used it to my advantage when raiding just inside that building. This is not something that I'm trying to be agrumentive about just thought I would point it out just incase you thought otherwise. Sorry once again and thank you for your time.
Hi Josh,

First of all, I just want to confirm a few things.

1. Are you appealing both bans (the one from me [78916] and the one from DVN [78914])?

2. Also, in regards to my ban, are you accepting what you did and apologising? Or are you still saying you don't believe you were in the wrong? I am getting mixed vibes from your original post as you said that you "abusing glitches" was "out of order", but then followed it with the excuse that you gave before about "trying to fix your textures".

I just want to know clearly what your mindset on this is so that I can treat the case accordingly.

Thanks,

Tomo
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
(01-12-2018, 05:40 PM)Tomo Wrote: Hi Josh,

First of all, I just want to confirm a few things.

1. Are you appealing both bans (the one from me [78916] and the one from DVN [78914])?

2. Also, in regards to my ban, are you accepting what you did and apologising? Or are you still saying you don't believe you were in the wrong? I am getting mixed vibes from your original post as you said that you "abusing glitches" was "out of order", but then followed it with the excuse that you gave before about "trying to fix your textures".

I just want to know clearly what your mindset on this is so that I can treat the case accordingly.

Thanks,

Tomo

Ye I’m appealing both to confirm.

And for your other question I’m mixed in between both I do apologise at the fact that instead of still playing I should have left the server however I was looking to fix my textures previous to that but most importantly I think would be that I’m sorry because I understand that I’m in wrong
Hi Josh,

After discussing your cases with DVN, we have come to a conslusion.

DVN has stated that he is willing to accept your apology and has decided to reconsider your staff disrespect ban (ID: 78914). Therefore, it will be lifted.

However, while I appreciate your apology, your abusing glitches ban (ID: 78916) will not be lifted. It will instead be altered to a 6 month ban starting today. I feel as though what you did does not quite fit the new Perm ban definitions and so I have decided to give it a time frame instead.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Tomo
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]