Discussion - Recent survey questions
(01-02-2018, 07:18 PM)Sam Hyde Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 07:17 PM)Tomo Wrote: Basically I was replying and so was my brudda DVN and so we were both unaware that each other was replying at the same time and so when he posted I also posted and the thread just didn't close.

So basically it was Reebs' fault.

What is your point? I can use bold too.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
I’ve been a teacher and I’ve been in charge of the teachers, here we go.

Anyway who says it’s not a gateway to staff is lying, let’s cut the shit and be straight, for once.

I only ever applied for teacher to get a staff position, what happened? I got a staff position about a month into the role and a week before mod while teacher I was blacklisted for NLR, but still got promoted? Why was this? Because I was a teacher, a “role model”, so there’s a fact that it is.

When Nac designed the program, it wasn’t so people could be more big headed about themselves, so they have a gateway to a better position, so they can get a shiny reputation from players, it was to HELP and SUPPORT players, not just with shitty questions, but ROLEPLAY! Now tell me, how many teachers have helped you Roleplay? I’ve never seen it happen and that was a big factor in the rank, but teachers now think it’s all about answering questions, which Create admitted on the news and announcement thread, not once did he state he helps players Roleplay or improve their ability.

Kissass’ apply to get close to staff for the end goal, becoming staff and it’s proven, how players change within a month from a nobody, to a massive kissass who does nothing wrong, what happens after? A few weeks/months down the line they become teacher, true or false? True.

The rank has caused so many issues, it’s gone in the wrong direction for far too long, it was made for one thing, but that goal is no longer viewable by staff or teachers themselves, they wouldn’t have a clue why.

Before the rank, how did players get a question answered in OOC? By other players via OOC or a simple PM, was there any problems with that? No. Did it solve their issues? Yes. Help and support threads, who answered them? The community. Did it work and was help and support given to solve issues? Yes. Who answered them? The COMMUNITY.

Fearless is heading into an even darker route because the community is second fiddle to a staff position nowadays. Staff reputation cannot be damaged, therefor who suffers? The community.

Given all above, there’s valid points as to why the Teacher Program needs to be shut down and send it back to how it was before, let the community do their thing and help one another without trying to impress players.

Y’all forget this isn’t a popularity competition, it’s a FRIENDLY COMMUNITY where people get involved, make friends and interact, and currently, it’s not that.
The following 2 users Like Falc's post:
  • Richtea, Bobby
(01-02-2018, 07:20 PM)Tomo Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 07:17 PM)Tomo Wrote: Basically I was replying and so was my brudda DVN and so we were both unaware that each other was replying at the same time and so when he posted I also posted and the thread just didn't close.

Fair play but I think this is a discussion thread
This is why I joined the teacher team, not once but twice.

While I am in the team I can see people look up towards us. Teachers I believe are one of the main faces of the community to newcomers as we are the ones they can identify to help them. Without the teachers, a newcomer may ask someone ‘how do I rp’ and if they find the wrong person they may get told to fuck off the server. It would give the wrong impression. With the teachers they can identify us and we can help them with our knowledge and experience. I personally love helping people and feel happy when I have somehow helped someone’s experience on FL, however this is how I feel and I can’t speak for the other teachers as I don’t know why they decided to join. I mean recently I’ve gone into a RP to observe it. I found it interesting as it was done by players with low hours, good enough I gave an RPP. I then decided to give advice to better for the future, which they took onboard. This is why so like doing what I do.

Whilst I respect others people opinions, I feel that the rank is not worthless but I do understand how they could get help in OOC, but there’s that chance in where they could get the wrong impression.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
The following 2 users Like TheMJ's post:
  • Luna, Grape
(01-02-2018, 07:22 PM)Sam Hyde Wrote:

We're discussing something that happened in the main, original thread directly related to this? lmao
Stay on topic please. If you want to have a conversation take it to pm Smile

Also Falc. Used to be a friendly community anyway. I feel as though recently its more toxic, full of asslickers than it's ever been (During my time here).
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • ELAD
I feel as if the teacher rank has it's pros and cons. It's useful for new people as they have a friendly face and designated people to turn to, showing a bit of structure and a face for helpfulness for them, however it also has it's cons, as for one many of teachers become complacent and extremely lazy and don't do a lot and instead use it as a way to be "better than you." From my personal opinion the role is certainly a way for ass kissers to get closer to many staff members to try and gain a level of authority over other people, and I'm well aware many people may have that opinion of me, which for my case and my own opinion is certainly not why I was a teacher. I feel as if the role needs to be re-evaluated and the people within that role (if the role stays, which in my opinion is not needed, but is nice to have), need to be monitored and evaluated every so often, not just by staff but by the community and the people that interact with them on a day-to-day basis, this is where the real truth comes out. I do however agree with Falc, if you aren't going to bring the teacher role back to it's roots, back to the sole purpose of assisting in role-play, then ditch it. From my own experience of being on the team, I know the lazy people, the ones who don't give a fuck and the ones who are there because "Oooo look at me I'm a teacher, I have a big virtual dick to compensate for real life!"
I certainly feel as if community engagement and listening to the community needs to be increased, through the use of a survey made up in 10-15 minutes on google, probably not. I do however see this as some sort of a start, but we've been promised things before so it will be nice to see if anything comes of this.

PS. Random pls fuck me
The following 2 users Like Mustang's post:
  • Random, Bobby
(01-02-2018, 07:22 PM)Sam Hyde Wrote:

If you didn't want an explanation for the miscommunication in the thread closing, then opening, then closing again, don't make posts like this:

[Image: 38351a0299608223568da2c418030f94.png]

Don't create a tangent and then tell me to stay on topic when I respond to it.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 3 users Like Tomo's post:
  • Exotic, Bobby, DVN
I think Fearless needs some sort of community meeting first Saturday of the month similar to another community, I know.

There should be a QnA session or something and a run through of what the community has progressed on across the month.
The following 2 users Like Bobby's post:
  • ELAD, Grape
Why are people hating the teachers rank I’m sure it’s useless but I mean so is removing it. At least with the rank we can tell who is kissing up to the staff instead of sneaky snakes doing it behind our backs. Do people seriously feel offended by the rank? Genuinely curious. I’m pretty meh on it tbh.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]