Community Feedback
Maybe if this takes off we could implement a monthly or quarterly survey like this?

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
Only will work if the answers are made official like a true democracy would work like :-)
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 2 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Lewwings, Zona
Personally dont see the positive in people posting their opinion on each staff member. I mean what? You guys going to demote them if they get a lot of negative opinions?

Other than that, interesting way to get the community involved. Even though like I said, I do not see any of this delivering anything other than the satisfaction of making it seem like my opinion matters.
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Lewwings, General Rickets, Falc, Floodify
(01-01-2018, 05:42 PM)Fultz Wrote: Personally dont see the positive in people posting their opinion on each staff member. I mean what? You guys going to demote them if they get a lot of negative opinions?

Other than that, interesting way to get the community involved. Even though like I said, I do not see any of this delivering anything other than the satisfaction of making it seem like my opinion matters.

We decided to integrate questions regarding each staff member so that they could recieve information on how the community perceives them and how they could improve going into the new year, so that we could build a better relationship with the staff and community. Obviously some feedback may need to be taken with a pinch of salt, but nevertheless we should take all concerns seriously and evaluate how we can improve.

The survey was created to give us an idea in the direction the majority of the community want to take and this is something Awestruck and I will be pushing in all aspects so we have a clear goal we want to meet by the end of the year, this is especially important with regards to Development.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 1 user Likes Divey's post:
  • Awestruck
Please release all the feedback for staff but just not who said it, keep it anonymous but just give us more transparency Smile
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • Grape
(01-01-2018, 05:53 PM)Sam Hyde Wrote: Please release all the feedback for staff but just not who said it, keep it anonymous but just give us more transparency Smile
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
(01-01-2018, 05:47 PM)Divey Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 05:42 PM)Fultz Wrote: Personally dont see the positive in people posting their opinion on each staff member. I mean what? You guys going to demote them if they get a lot of negative opinions?

We decided to integrate questions regarding each staff member so that they could recieve information on how the community perceives them and how they could improve going into the new year, so that we could build a better relationship with the staff and community. Obviously some feedback may need to be taken with a pinch of salt, but nevertheless we should take all concerns seriously and evaluate how we can improve.

The survey was created to give us an idea in the direction the majority of the community want to take and this is something Awestruck and I will be pushing in all aspects so we have a clear goal we want to meet by the end of the year, this is especially important with regards to Development.

So you say you have a goal, what is that goal. What are the key performance KPI’s of that goal, how do you measure said goals success what contingency’s do you have in place if the goal is not achieved how do you reflect on the goal. It’s all great setting targets but are they actually realistic and if they are how do you actually measure them. Because I tell you something this feedback survey isn’t going to measure shit. I’m sorry it’s just simply not.
[Image: giphy.gif]

This is pointless staff members aren't there to be perceived well they are here to enforce rules. Peoples opinions don't really matter in the large scheme of things, some admins will be liked others won't its all down to administrative styles. If you want transparency this isn't how to go for it, all this does is rile up a bunch of keyboard warriors who are scared to tell people what they think to go wild spewing garbage on how this administrator is perceived by them.

If you want to know what I think, ask. Simple.

The following 1 user Likes General Rickets's post:
  • Floodify
As I've stated, it's not just about perception, if there are valid complaints that people need to work on, then we'll push them to work on them and hope the staff team are being evaluative of the feedback you are providing. As for stating peoples opinions don't matter, I'll have to disagree with you on that, although some members are bound to dislike certain admins due to them getting punished by them, if they have respect and are being just and fair then hate will likely go down. If an admin is suggesting that people are hating certain people due to their 'styles', perhaps they need to be evaluative on what their style actually is and why people hate it and see whether they genuinely need to work on something, rather than being dismissive of criticism.

In saying this, it's the 1st of January, only time will tell!
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]

For the development side, I personally felt like it was more like I was making a suggestion thread without making one. Which I feel like I should just copy and paste what I wrote and post it in a discussion thread because I feel like that has a bigger impact than just sending it privately to you guys. I mean imagine how many surveys do you think will be filled out in this month time? A couple hundred? You are honestly telling me that you and Awestruck are going to sit down read each one and discuss it with each other? I dunno, I just dont see that happening personally.

Back to the staff member thing though? Say we have a staff member who I feel could use some work. Lets just say they are quick to ban someone instead of hearing the whole story, or I feel is very bias towards his friends and or more lenient. Are they just going to read that and possibly do some soul searching and change their ways? Or are you guys enforcing change if their is a popular opinion throughout the community? Say for the second example of bias towards friends. If a majority says that about a staff member would you enforce he changes or be demoted? Because if not, if I were a staff member I wouldnt give a rat's ass about the opinions I got.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • General Rickets