Banned for reason: Exploit
Your name: Alex.

Your ban ID: 5470

Banned by: [FL] Toby-Website coder @ payin

Server: rp_EvoCity v2d

Involved: A

Why we should unban you:

I was in the city beside the petrol station role-playing as a policeman, my friend approached me in a police car after seeing someone speeding. Instead of entering the car after pressing the action button I was instead forced from the area of the car and around the higher areas of the map. This eventually led to me being flung around the map and beyond its limits while stuck in the 'in car' animation. A spur of the moment glitch produced from obscure reasons and was personally quite humorous to watch my character flying around the map on an invisible chair.

Once the humour of it subsided and numerous buttons were pressed in attempt to maybe exit from the position I was stuck in or cease flying recklessly around the map, I immediately contacted admin aid. I was teleported to in a small moment where my character was glued to a random position, and soon afterwards continued to flail across the map. The admin had come at a horrible time and must have merely presumed I was flying by means of exploit or otherwise, where in fact it was, as previously mentioned completely out of my control. I was immediately banned from the server, and here I am.

I applied for an unban a month ago, decided to keep it simple and to the point which resulted in a response from one of your lead admin's which was not only inaccurate to what I previously described, but lacking in manners, detail, or punctuality. As the rule dictates I am not allowed to post another request to unban for two weeks, though to be frank its been nearly two months. Admin response titled be denial reason as 'Abusing and not reporting / telling us about it' And in my second attempt to get back on this without a doubt enjoyable role-playing site which I have played for more than a long time, I would like to defend my case.

To address the first word of the incredibly simplistic response. As fore-mentioned I was not in any way 'abusing' And was in fact thrown around the map in a no-clip fashion against my control. Not only was i in the position as if I was in a car, I had previously mentioned that I had not only had this problem with the car, but had actually contacted an admin to my location. You are not only proposing that I am not telling the truth with my explanation, but proposing the scenario that I had contacted an admin to my location, to show him that I was abusing the game.

The second accusation is that you claimed that I had not 'reported' or 'told you' about it. At most there was a margin of a minute or two between me trying to first exit the car, reconnect or move from my constant seated, spiralling position. I promptly requested admin assistance after I realised the situation was out of my control, so I am not sure if you had misread my response or simply chose to ignore it but. I did tell administrators about the situation, and would have explained further had I not been instantly banned. The situation was immediately reported. So I do not see any right for you read what I have typed, then contradict what I had previously described.

I am a great fan of the site, and its community. Its staff provide excellent supervision of the servers and must juggle bundles upon bundles of little code mishaps and people of all ages manipulating the game for their own humour. Though in a every-old day where I was playing, and looked for admin support to aid me, I was banned. I came to the site seeking to explain my case and receive a mature and justified response, and was given a passive and careless one instead. I hold the utmost respect for your processes and the responsibility of a staff member, so forgive me if I treat an unexplained response in such a bad light.

I hope and trust this is maybe taken in a bit more of a serious light a second time around, as you probably have every idea as to how hard it is to find a role-playing site of this quality around Gmod, and would love to rejoin the ranks.

Much obliged
Alex.
- Approved