Richtea UBR
Your name: [FL:RP] Richtea

Your ban ID: 79053

Steam ID: [b]STEAM_0:0:62585515[/b]

Reason: Powergaming,

Staff member who banned you: Awestruck

Reason why you should be unbanned:

I will start this UBR with context leading up to the problem.

My job: Criminal.
Activity: Standing talking, had met there to sell ammunition to a player.

Whilst standing at farms shops i was approached by two players from the "Gucci Gang" base who held me under gun point in wide open public without reason. Whilst holding conversation with them i stated that they are making a mistake giving me a reason to retalliate.

As soon as fearRP was off (players looked away) I pulled out my tranquiliser, knocked one of the players out then retreated to a parked vehicle behind the red barn. This shows that i was trying to avoid killing players as the first resort and tried to avoid the conf;ict all together. Whilst hiding behind my vehicle i was tranquilised. 

THIS GIVES ME A REASON TO RAID AS A CRIMINAL.

A swat van approached, seeing my body they stopped. Once i recovered from the tranq i then held a conversation with the SRU Sergeant of whom i knew his in game character (close friends). He asked me to join the government force as a helper, to which i agreed. Rule 9.1 states that i need to change my custom job to suit the rp actions my character will take. So i changed my custom job accordingly to follow this rule. "Government Helper".

Once joining the government force we were issued commands to raid the property that the SRU had recently been taken hostage at. This means i also had a VALID REASON TO RAID AS A GOVERMENT HELPER.

Once the raid had commenced Awestruck bullet froze me into the air and began questioning, the whole scenario was explain to him by a multitude of players who watched. He proceeded to issue a 24hr ban for powergaming. I did not change job to raid, i was entitled to raid with either job, i changed my job to follow the rules of the server, for which i was punished.

Attempting to speak to Awestruck about this event proved pointless as he continually dis-regarded every side of the argument that wasn't his.

One question he asked was this: "Why would you change job to goverment if you could already raid"
- By me joining the goverment i secured the life of my own character through the route of backup and re-enforcment. My chances of survival and reaching the same victory with the goverment was much higher.

He also repeatedly stated that what i did was powergame, however was unable to show me a rule, definition or reason why that would be so. I had reasons to raid regardless of whether i changed my job or not, which means all i have done is followed the server rules down to every single smallprint. I fail to understand how i broke rules and Awestruck was unable to provide me wit ha good explanation of how my ban was legitmate.

During the sit a player was kicked for defending his own side of the argument with the reason "stop". This kick has no context as to what the player had said that was wrong, or whether or not he she was kicked just for defending his own side.

I have a good ban history on FL and hope for this to continue, i feel this ban is injustified and many players agree. I stated from the start that i did not want to argue with anybody through this but his ignorance made this difficult.

Thank you for your time.
wannabe skid
[Image: J8Wdw2Z.gif]
-Involved, I was the Don of The Gucci Family they were going to raid.

(11-14-2017, 10:47 PM)Richtea Wrote: I did not change job to raid, i was entitled to raid with either job, i changed my job to follow the rules of the server, for which i was punished.

As a Criminal, the job you had during the time that I told you to leave our property, you cannot cooperate with the government. When you came to our base again, together with the government, you had the job "Government Helper". You had to change your job to be able to cooperate with the government and take us down. Therefore you did in fact change your job to raid us with a good chance of winning.

I feel that this kind of powergaming should be explained in a more extensive way in the rules.

Rule 14.3 states the following: "14.3 Do not switch jobs with the sole intention of joining a raid (powergaming). This also applies to custom jobs. "

The rules say you can't switch jobs to join a raid, but what happened here was that they changed their job to have a better chance of winning, which is not explained extensively in the rules.

No hard feelings against this player.

Yours sincerely,
[Image: 9OySZ2W.png]

Was I of any help? +Rep
As a criminal i had no intention of raiding, nor did i initiate a raid, nor was i on your property. You will find i was fully compliant with FearRP as i'm sure you will vouch for, however you placed my life in immediate danger, and my reaction to that was one of wanting revenge. I could have carried this out with the criminal tag, with the corrupt goverment and had full rights to do so.

What i chose to do instead is ensure what i was doing was clear via my job title as the rules state. I did not change to government soley for the purpose of raiding.

I appreciate your reply on the thread and the no hard feelings, but in future i advise you spend a little more fore-thought into your location before you draw weapons and ensure the reason for doing so is valid.

Thanks, Richtea.
wannabe skid
Evidence of the sit has came to light from BasicallyMental, the other player who received a ban. The Video is twenty minutes long and will require a lot of patience to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...Ocdl9uJ57w
wannabe skid
Quote:Whilst standing at farms shops i was approached by two players from the "Gucci Gang" base who held me under gun point in wide open public without reason. Whilst holding conversation with them i stated that they are making a mistake giving me a reason to retalliate.

As soon as fearRP was off (players looked away) I pulled out my tranquiliser, knocked one of the players out then retreated to a parked vehicle behind the red barn. This shows that i was trying to avoid killing players as the first resort and tried to avoid the conf;ict all together. Whilst hiding behind my vehicle i was tranquilised. 

THIS GIVES ME A REASON TO RAID AS A CRIMINAL.
I do not contest that you had a valid reason to raid. You did have a valid reason.

Quote:A swat van approached, seeing my body they stopped. Once i recovered from the tranq i then held a conversation with the SRU Sergeant of whom i knew his in game character (close friends). He asked me to join the government force as a helper, to which i agreed. Rule 9.1 states that i need to change my custom job to suit the rp actions my character will take. So i changed my custom job accordingly to follow this rule. "Government Helper".

Once joining the government force we were issued commands to raid the property that the SRU had recently been taken hostage at. This means i also had a VALID REASON TO RAID AS A GOVERMENT HELPER.

Once the raid had commenced Awestruck bullet froze me into the air and began questioning, the whole scenario was explain to him by a multitude of players who watched. He proceeded to issue a 24hr ban for powergaming. I did not change job to raid, i was entitled to raid with either job, i changed my job to follow the rules of the server, for which i was punished.
The act of you changing custom job from 'CRIMINAL' to 'GOVERNMENT helper' was where I called Powergame. No Criminal would suddenly group up with the government, and vice versa (I'll get into that on BasicallyMental's UBR) especially in a matter of seconds after initiating a raid.

Quote:Attempting to speak to Awestruck about this event proved pointless as he continually dis-regarded every side of the argument that wasn't his.
Irrelevant and untrue

Quote:One question he asked was this: "Why would you change job to goverment if you could already raid"
- By me joining the goverment i secured the life of my own character through the route of backup and re-enforcment. My chances of survival and reaching the same victory with the goverment was much higher.
If you really wanted to have 100% chance of survival, you would have left the area and have the government fight them. By you, Criminals, joining them, you have conducted FailRP. Being a job that is against the government, to suddenly becoming a job that works with the government, especially when you have just initiated a raid by tranqing 4 people.

Spoiler: Logs
[21:46:14] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) has spawned as Citizen
[21:46:18] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) said: /job Criminal
[21:54:47] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) said: /pm 541 lambo
[21:59:04] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) said: /me equips a Kevlar vest.
[21:59:10] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) said: /me takes out a Tranquillizer Sniper from their backup.
[21:59:12] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) Knocked out: Chutnut (STEAM_0:0:65158707) using tranqed
[21:59:29] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) said: /me takes out a Galil ARM from their backup.
[21:59:34] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) said: /inventory ammo_rifle use 1
[21:59:36] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) said: /inventory health_kit use 1
[21:59:44] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) Knocked out: [FL:RP] Cyclone (STEAM_0:0:63051639) using tranqed
[22:00:05] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) Knocked out: [FL:RP] LordOfMemory (STEAM_0:1:43851422) using tranqed
[22:00:33] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) Knocked out: Chutnut (STEAM_0:0:65158707) using tranqed
[22:00:47] [FL] AwestruckBullet (STEAM_0:0:89268417) Knocked out: [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) using tranqed
[22:01:12] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) has spawned as Citizen
[22:01:47] [FL] AwestruckBullet (STEAM_0:0:89268417) Knocked out: [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) using tranqed
[22:02:12] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) has spawned as Citizen
[22:02:42] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) said: /r farms
[22:02:46] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) said: /paramedic
[22:02:47] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) said: /request Someone is seriously injured! Paramedic needed at Farm Road!
[22:03:01] [FL:RP] Richtea (STEAM_0:0:62585515) said: /job Goverment Helper

Quote:He also repeatedly stated that what i did was powergame, however was unable to show me a rule, definition or reason why that would be so. I had reasons to raid regardless of whether i changed my job or not, which means all i have done is followed the server rules down to every single smallprint. I fail to understand how i broke rules and Awestruck was unable to provide me wit ha good explanation of how my ban was legitmate.
Not all rules can clear everything up. Some things tend to be a lot more complicated than a simple rule. The current example for Powergaming, is as said, only an example. What you did was change jobs, during a raid, to gain a better advantage of winning.

Quote:During the sit a player was kicked for defending his own side of the argument with the reason "stop". This kick has no context as to what the player had said that was wrong, or whether or not he she was kicked just for defending his own side.
The player was kicked for saying "You're just nitpicking and being dumb" in an incredibly demeaning tone whilst I was trying to explain. I did not kick him because I didn't agree with his view. Find reference at 12:10 in your video.

Quote:As a criminal i had no intention of raiding, nor did i initiate a raid, nor was i on your property. You will find i was fully compliant with FearRP as i'm sure you will vouch for, however you placed my life in immediate danger, and my reaction to that was one of wanting revenge. I could have carried this out with the criminal tag, with the corrupt goverment and had full rights to do so. 
As shown above in the logs, a raid was initiated and you had every right to do so. You did not have right however to suddenly merge with the government, as criminals, you are polar opposites.

You are trying to add depth to this that isn't necessary or relevant. Simplicity of it is, you changed your job from a Criminal to a Government helper, so you could work together in the raid. Any other time, Criminals and Government are opposite ends of the spectrum and would never work together. So why would it be any different now?

Lets say you were hired by the government, like a mercenary who is paid (which you weren't), I could sort of understand. However, you went from 'Criminal' to 'Government Helper' which is a huge leap which involved no Roleplay at all. You just had Strategic Response Units (or Deportation Officers), walk up to a couple 'strangers', assumed to be normal citizens in a state of fear for being shot at and they get asked to help raid. How does that make any sense? (this will be further explained in Basically's UBR). Had it been roleplayed more extensively, and not in a matter of seconds, during a raid, there would be ZERO problem here.

Just an added side note, you have been banned from Discord until 1:20AM tomorrow. I do not appreciate you insulting me behind my back.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
Not even going to bother with this anymore, the fact you have banned me from the discord shows the type of character you are.

Insulting you  behind your back? Mate, i flat out insulted you to your face over and over again, and you didn't have the spine to talk back, you're fully aware your judgement is wrong on this but are to stubborn to admit it. If you felt you where being insulted why not say something there and then instead of waiting for me to log out and slipping a sly ban into discord so you don't have to justify it to my face.

You are a high-authority figure on FL, however you, as a leading administrator have banned two players for following rules directly, you are unable to give me the rule that i have broken as it does not exist.

And using the excuse of "the rules need updating" has no regards to me, that is for you as a leading administrator to deal with to ensure the rules are clear and precise. It is your duty and role as an administrative figure to ensure that we as players can fully understand a rule as t is written yet you have time and time again neglected this and actually exploited it to ban people for things that even current and ex staff members do not understand.

I followed a rule that is written, and got banned for following one that isn't written, how you can justify that is beyond me.

And by your logic, which may i add is almost non existant. Anytime anyone changes their role play job to "Freedom Fighter" then they should be issued with power gaming bans as they have changed their job to help them have a better chance of winning a raid as a team with other freedom fighters, instead of solo fighting the government. Your logic is flawed, it has became heated due to your own inability to administrate a server. You claim "these players take a break and come back thinking they know it all". Down to the written rules, i do mate. Every single one, yet you appear to not? Well done on your promotion.

This is the last reply i will make on this ubr, regardless of the outcome you have lost the respect of me and a multitude of FL players, whether they will say it to you directly or not.

Many thanks.

#cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.
wannabe skid
You have taken this situation incredibly personally. I'm disappointed in the way you've conducted yourself through this ordeal. Whilst it's okay to argue your point, you should be objective in your arguments and not result in petty insults it ruins your credibility. As stated in this Unban Request, you have been banned, and will keep the ban for Powergaming.

In regards to Freedom Fighter. You have people changing job from Criminal to Freedom Fighter which is totally the same spectrum (both jobs work against the government and is certainly not uncommon to happen). Whereas, you changed job from Criminal to a Government worker within seconds of starting a raid just to avoid being apprehended by the SRU (Who FailRPed by even asking you to join them).

Whether or not people have lost respect for me, I do not care. I do what's right, not what's popular. If it gets me hate, then so be it.

Denied.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]